Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're the same age, and my pragmatism tells me I should be getting what I paid for, when I paid for it
Pragmatism tells me I use what I have in front of me….and not let my expectations cloud the reality.

But hey look, you have your game and I have mine and I like mine foibles and all.

So get a refund or just freaking drive cars round the track. Up to you.

Im mentally tired with this forum.

Time, just time and effort my friend.
Doing what, though? You keep claiming everything is fine and dandy with the game whenever anyone mentions the low payouts, limited prize cars, short career mode etc, you keep telling us you're just about driving the cars but you're yet to tell us how you'll fund it.

Doing what, though? You keep claiming everything is fine and dandy with the game whenever anyone mentions the low payouts, limited prize cars, short career mode etc, you keep telling us you're just about driving the cars but you're yet to tell us how you'll fund it.
Just drive the races, over and over and mix them up, use different cars.

I mean does Hamilton or Rossi sit there and think oh no it’s silverstone again….come on use your imagination. Stop thinking best thing to be first start thinking how low can I go to get first. It’s called making it fun and using all the cars.

People say there not enough cars but drive only the 5 best ones….go figure…

now that their grand online racing experiment blew up in their face.
It's silly remarks like this that show everyone you're here to troll and have no interest in debate or conversation.

By every metric the Sport era was a success, whether it be in game sales, in total players, in active players, participation in and viewership of their esport events and championships.

But of course you could never give PD credit for anything, that would go against the narrative you're consistently pushing here simply because there's a new game out so your trolling will get responses.

I mean does Hamilton or Rossi sit there and think oh no it’s silverstone again….come on use your imagination. Stop thinking best thing to be first start thinking how low can I go to get first. It’s called making it fun and using all the cars.

People say there not enough cars but drive only the 5 best ones….go figure…
I'm not buying a full priced game to imagine content because developers failed in that regard 😅

Last edited:
No, because he only races there once a year and earns $40 million a year on a contract. He doesn't drive hundreds of races in a year to get some prize winnings so he can afford a Pagani.

Not a good comparison in the slightest.
I’m sorry practice laps and testing sessions must be a chore…

Or any weekend private team racing week in or week out…

We wouldn’t have racing if people didn’t do it for any other reason than they can or make it happen.

What’s the point of a track day? You get nothing out of it?

It's silly remarks like this that show everyone you're here to troll and have no interest in debate or conversation.

By every metric the Sport era was a success, whether it be in game sales, in total players, in active players, participation in and viewership of their esport events and championships.

But of course you could never give PD credit for anything, that would go against the narrative you're consistently pushing here simply because there's a new game out so your trolling will get responses.
Was it though? I'm honestly asking as I've never seen any figures on how many people, say, bought the game thinking they were getting a traditional GT game, only to abandon it shortly after they realized it was nothing like previous titles. Or how many of the total sales came after they added the career portion (that's when I bought it)

I really would like to know how it actually performed relative to GT5 and eventually GT7. GT6 would be a poor comparison since it launched exclusively on PS3 after the PS4 was already out, so I'm sure that killed its sales potential and user engagement.

To be clear I'm not claiming Sport wasn't a success, I'm just genuinely curious how well it performed compared to other mainline entries based on the core of the game alone, minus the sales from people like myself that only bought it for the "career" content. Though I'm guessing PD is the only one that has that data so my query is probably in vain.

1. There's very few races with good payout. There's very few race events period.
2. Custom races have abysmal payout so it's quite unrealistic to switch up and use different cars when the car you're invited to buy will expire in a matter of days and you don't have hours upon hours to spend on a game.

I think you should turn the video's up from 480P and look again, GT6 looked better than that PC2 screenshot, take a look at track detail, environment details, object modeling, shadows, and surface reflection
I don't know what you're talking about either? There's virtually no argument here. An old game PC2 has arguably just as good graphics if not better in some cases, a better physics model, more tracks, nearly 200 cars, an actual championship, a massive single player campaign, challenges, hot laps, tons of more content then you can shake a stick at.

All I'm saying, PC2 has lost favor because it's older. If it was released the same time GT7 was people would be falling all over themselves to play it.

I mean just look at these screenshots.. I don't care about the resolution. Look at the details and the coloring. PC2 is gorgeous."

Last edited:
I’m sorry practice laps and testing sessions must be a chore…

Or any weekend private team racing week in or week out…

We wouldn’t have racing if people didn’t do it for any other reason than they can or make it happen.

What’s the point of a track day? You get nothing out of it?
They don't do the same race several times a day, over and over. That is what you have to do if you want to have a hope of your goal of driving hundreds of cars on the Ring in a reasonable timeframe.

The alternative is, as you say, just enter different cars in different events, but thanks to the low payouts for most of them, that is going to take hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours until you can afford them. One fun event, TC700 I think it was, was 10 laps for a measly 5,000 credits. If you spend time just taking different cars to that event you might well have fun but you're never going to earn enough to buy some more expensive cars.

Yet you still don't think there is anything wrong?

They don't do the same race several times a day, over and over. That is what you have to do if you want to have a hope of your goal of driving hundreds of cars on the Ring in a reasonable timeframe.

The alternative is, as you say, just enter different cars in different events, but thanks to the low payouts for most of them, that is going to take hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours until you can afford them. One fun event, TC700 I think it was, was 10 laps for a measly 5,000 credits. If you spend time just taking different cars to that event you might well have fun but you're never going to earn enough to buy some more expensive cars.

Like how much time don’t you have to live?

I will drive in this game for a couple of years… I waited long enough I want my moneys worth.

If do one championship a day circa an hour with 100k ish pay out in 2 months I’m gonna have enough money…if i fixate now on what I don’t have I’ll still have nothing….

So look, as I’ve said I’m prepared to drive rather than prioritise credits for virtual things that mean zero.

So I have a driving game with a pool of cars to use and experiment with…

So yeah I’m happy with that. We can both agree you aren’t and that’s cool. It really is.

I have different motivators for enjoying this game than you do.

It’s like the story of the young bull and the Old bull.

The walk up to a crest one day and the young bull looks down and sees a heard of cows, he says to the old bull if we rush down there we can mate with a few of them.

The old bull snorts and turns and says, son if we take our time we can mate with them all why settle for a few.

He's being purposefully obstinate; you're never going to get anywhere.

I know you think you're 100% correct and that you speak for the entire playerbase of Gran Turismo, but this table from Kudos Prime alone proves that you're massively wrong:

View attachment 1122202

I've seen a lot of people using this argument but do we have the played hours linked to this "type of players" ?

From my point of view, almost everybody buy the GT game on his playstation and the most of them they play the game for couple of weeks and that's it. Once in the time they boot the game but not that much....

I think that the majority of players that PLAYS the game are Sport mode players. I think that the future of GT is sport mode and I'm so sad they've spent so much time on this stupid career mode with those chasing the rabbit races and dumb AI instead of improving the sport mode and building a real "online career mode".

I'm pretty sure that the good reviews of GT7 are mainly based on nostalgia...

Last edited:
By every metric the Sport era was a success
Was it?

whether it be in game sales
GT could sell 10 million copies even with a rolling benchmark on the disc. What happened once people bought the game at launch and realized that the game was mostly online based, and had barely a single player at launch? They traded it in en masse to the point the game cratered in value, and even bolting on an ersatz career mode didn't do much to move player numbers afterward.

participation in and viewership of their esport events and championships.
Seems strange then that in terms of prestige, GT's eSports events are nowhere near iRacing in getting actual teams and even OEM's bringing their own teams into the fold. But I don't really find myself caring for eSports so this is moot point.

But of course you could never give PD credit for anything
I'll give them credit when they're due. Making an online only game in essence, and telling people who wanted single player to shove it before quickly realizing what anyone and their mother could have told them was a bad idea, subsequently crawling back with a lackluster single player suite, and then making the next game single player focused isn't going to get them credit with me, not in a million years.

that would go against the narrative you're consistently pushing here simply because there's a new game out so your trolling will get responses.
If you think my criticisms are trolling, then man up and block me. I'm breaking no real rules set out by the site.

Like how much time don’t you have to live?

I will drive in this game for a couple of years… I waited long enough I want my moneys worth.
Being always online, the game has a shelf life. There's no guarantee it'll even be accessible in a couple of years when the servers get taken offline.

The invite tickets and legendary car rotations don't give you a "couple of years" to grind for them. Just a matter of days.

I've seen a lot of people using this argument but do we have the played hours linked to this "type of players" ?

From my point of view, almost everybody buy the GT game on his playstation and the most of them they play the game for couple of weeks and that's it. Once in the time they boot the game but not that much....

I think that the majority of players that play the game are Sport mode players. I think that the future of GT is sport mode and I'm so sad they've spent so much time on this stupid career mod with those chasing the rabbit races and dumb AI instead of improving the sport mode and building a real "online career mode".

I'm pretty sure that the good reviews of GT7 are mainly based on nostalgia...
I don’t think that is true, the majority are single players playing offline especially if you are brutal around how you judge that in lobby sizes vs actual sales.

We are talking over 100m copies across the years in sales, one assumes that doesn’t translate to majority of them being online players.

I am biased but I don’t play online but play offline exclusively. And only stopped playing sport earlier than I normally would because of life stuff.

Am I the only one or do the car physics get worse one the update / once you have completed the menu books and start to “free roam” ??

I completed the menu books yesterday , did the game update and tried to do the same races today as last night and was getting literally thrown around on the same track with the same car on the same settings ?? I just gave up after an hour and switched it off . No crazy comments about my driving abilities having dramatically gotten worse . I’m talking same track , same car , same settings just getting either side swiped or battered from behind..or spinning out where I didn’t yesterday ?

Take the special stage x in USA , with the Camaro zl1 yesterday I was flying on standard settings , no upgrades , today the opposition was actually gaining time back and my lap time was around 5 seconds slower .

It’s not my abilities I have saved the replays to prove it too.

Makes me wonder if something in the update has been altered..

I have different motivators for enjoying this game than you do
Nope, I already said beyond the set content from PD I have the same motivation as you, I want to drive and experience as many of the cars as possible, and tune and upgrade as many as possible.

The only difference is I see a hugely time intensive barrier stopping me doing that, you just seem to pretend it doesn't exist and keep vaguely telling us that we just need to go drive some cars.

Last edited:
Nope, I already said beyond the set content from PD I have the same motivation as you, I want to drive and experience as many of the cars as possible, and tune and upgrade as many as possible.

The only difference is I see a hugely time intensive barrier stopping me doing that, you just seem to pretend it doesn't exist and keep vaguely telling us that we just need to go drive some cars.
Time is relative mate, im in for at least 2 years so it’s not a prob for me.

Im not in a rush.

Time is relative mate, im in for at least 2 years so it’s not a prob for me.

Im not in a rush.
I'm not in a rush either, but I'd also like to play other games, and ideally, not grind the same few races.

I came into GT7 with the promise of a car collecting game, fully wanting to collect (and drive) every car in it. All of that driving of each car, I expected to earn me enough money to buy more cars. Instead, custom races won't pay enough, and there's not many career races, so grinding the few well-paying career races is the only way to truly Catch 'Em All... outside of MTX. Honestly, that's not fun, and it goes against my desire to collect and drive lots of cars, which seems to be the same desire you have.

So my question to you is this:
How will you truly afford all of those cars that you want to collect? Will you grind Fishermans? Will you do so many custom races that you make the money anyway, no matter how slow? Will you just do the career races, regardless of how much they pay? Have you figured something out that I haven't?

None of those are fun options to me. For me, it could be solved by simply adding more career races and paying more for custom races. That's all it would take for me to be happy with this car collecting game's balancing.

I'm not in a rush either, but I'd also like to play other games, and ideally, not grind the same few races.

I came into GT7 with the promise of a car collecting game, fully wanting to collect (and drive) every car in it. All of that driving of each car, I expected to earn me enough money to buy more cars. Instead, custom races won't pay enough, and there's not many career races, so grinding the few well-paying career races is the only way to truly Catch 'Em All... outside of MTX. Honestly, that's not fun, and it goes against my desire to collect and drive lots of cars, which seems to be the same desire you have.

So my question to you is this:
How will you truly afford all of those cars that you want to collect? Will you grind Fishermans? Will you do so many custom races that you make the money anyway, no matter how slow? Will you just do the career races, regardless of how much they pay? Have you figured something out that I haven't?

None of those are fun options to me. For me, it could be solved by simply adding more career races and paying more for custom races. That's all it would take for me to be happy with this car collecting game's balancing.
It could be made easier, or shorter.

But that isn’t how they work.

It’s a AAA title, it’s gonna take work so I make best of it. There is no prize for collecting everything now or in a months time.

So to answer a question with one, what does this game really mean to you?

Am I the only one or do the car physics get worse one the update / once you have completed the menu books and start to “free roam” ??

I completed the menu books yesterday , did the game update and tried to do the same races today as last night and was getting literally thrown around on the same track with the same car on the same settings ?? I just gave up after an hour and switched it off . No crazy comments about my driving abilities having dramatically gotten worse . I’m talking same track , same car , same settings just getting either side swiped or battered from behind..or spinning out where I didn’t yesterday ?

Take the special stage x in USA , with the Camaro zl1 yesterday I was flying on standard settings , no upgrades , today the opposition was actually gaining time back and my lap time was around 5 seconds slower .

It’s not my abilities I have saved the replays to prove it too.

Makes me wonder if something in the update has been altered..
They did something to increase the aggression and pace of the AI. Yesterday I was winning the Fisherman Ranch grind by 15-18sec, running consistent 3:10 laps. Today, in the same car/setup I'm running a second or two quicker and am only winning by 3-6sec. Plus the start of the race is really tough to take the lead cleanly before turn 1, whereas yesterday it was no prob.

The AI was horribly slow before so this is fine by me.

It could be made easier, or shorter.

But that isn’t how they work.

It’s a AAA title, it’s gonna take work so I make best of it. There is no prize for collecting everything now or in a months time.

So to answer a question with one, what does this game really mean to you?
The things I'm asking for are not in any way easier or shorter, actually. Grinding Fishermans is going to get you what you want pretty fast. All I'm asking for is more balance and more to do to mitigate the feeling of grinding: more variety of things to do, and the most variety-filled option, custom races, to be brought more in-line with the career races. It doesn't need to meet Fisherman grinding levels of reward rates, but the way it is now is ridiculous.

I've answered what the game means to me, it's a car collecting game where I can drive lots of different cars. I enjoy the fact that it'll take a while, but not years of putting in hours, daily. That's absurd.

I'm coming from a history of playing RuneScape for most of my life, I'm used to grinding for very little reward. And I'm still saying this game's grind is awful.

Now, answer the question you've been dodging this whole thread: Where will you get the credits for your collection? Do you play constantly, with no job, or school, or other games to play? Because that isn't realistic for the vast majority of people.

With the RNG invite and car rotation systems in place, it's still going to take forever to collect all the cars if custom races get a payout boost more in line with Fishermans. It'll just be less of a chore getting the credits for them.

Assuming Hagerty limits the dynamic pricing to the $20mil free credit cap. If rare car prices shoot above $20mil...

Last edited:
Does it in every thread, if anyone disagrees with him then it's a "circle-jerk", "fanboying" or a "cult" . . .

@Techlet Hagerty has already gotten rid of the 20million price on the Ford GT40 Mk. IV, they priced it at 5.4million

Last edited:
The things I'm asking for are not in any way easier or shorter, actually. Grinding Fishermans is going to get you what you want pretty fast. All I'm asking for is more balance and more to do to mitigate the feeling of grinding: more variety of things to do, and the most variety-filled option, custom races, to be brought more in-line with the career races. It doesn't need to meet Fisherman grinding levels of reward rates, but the way it is now is ridiculous.

I've answered what the game means to me, it's a car collecting game where I can drive lots of different cars. I enjoy the fact that it'll take a while, but not years of putting in hours, daily. That's absurd.

I'm coming from a history of playing RuneScape for most of my life, I'm used to grinding for very little reward. And I'm still saying this game's grind is awful.

Now, answer the question you've been dodging this whole thread: Where will you get the credits for your collection? Do you play constantly, with no job, or school, or other games to play? Because that isn't realistic for the vast majority of people.
Full time job, quite a senior position.

One child 7 years old, needs to be at school, dance, swimming, drama.

Where where will the credits come from?

By doing the tracks I like with a mix of cars over a few weeks.

In the days since launch I’m lucky I work from home, but as apart from a a cheeky lunch hour. I only get 2 hours (more since launch because my wife is understanding)

In terms of other games if we ignore the fact that I waste my consoles playing only 3 games. FIFA (I consulted and was a community rep for 3 years…also a ref in the game) GTA and GT

I have a few games, but I have no time or desire to be honest.

PS4 and PS3 same story. I have a switch with 15 games, not touched it. I have a job, have a wife, child and life.

So yeah I’ll wait and race and be surprised that I have a million credits.

I’ll not focus on credits. That’s how I’ll pay for my collection.

With the RNG invite and car rotation systems in place, it's still going to take forever to collect all the cars if custom races get a payout boost more in line with Fishermans. It'll just be less of a chore getting the credits for them.

Assuming Hagerty limits the dynamic pricing to the $20mil free credit cap.
I think PD knows the backlash they'd get if there wasn't a 20M hard cap. But yes, it'll still take forever. Just, hopefully less forever.

If more career races are added later, they'll probably give even larger rewards than the current races. It will only make the custom races look even more ridiculous.

Full time job, quite a senior position.

One child 7 years old, needs to be at school, dance, swimming, drama.

Where where will the credits come from?

By doing the tracks I like with a mix of cars over a few weeks.

In the days since launch I’m lucky I work from home, but as apart from a a cheeky lunch hour. I only get 2 hours (more since launch because my wife is understanding)

-snip-

So yeah I’ll wait and race and be surprised that I have a million credits.

I’ll not focus on credits. That’s how I’ll pay for my collection.
Hate to tell you this, but you're not going to get very far, the way things are now. Maybe you're okay with your collection staying small, but personally I'm going to be quite disappointed when I only have 60% of the cars (and probably 30% of the total credit cost) by the time GT8 releases. Both because I don't get paid much for the races I do, and because I'll play less and less over time, especially as I get bored of the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back