Not impressed with graphics... I am now

Mr_Bungle83
HaHaHa as if JESUS no WAY
Firstly, I do really like the game love the... Ect ect

Sorry to focus on the negative but the graphics are not that great, there are people who don't care but I wouldn't have spent £400 on a GPU and £250 on a processor if I didn't care, I am aware that i sound as though I'm bragging and I will again now, I have a very good knowledge of PC hardware (have to for my job) the only reason I say that is because I'd rather not reveal what I have to inevitably I'll get involved with someone who tells me my card is 🤬, it's not my hardware you will have to take my word for it.

The reason I felt the need to start this thread is because I have seen people purring over the visuals and some that also think there pretty poor.

I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong for me I think it's because when the cars are sat on the road, they don't quite look like there on the road@:( it's hard to explain, also when the AI exhaust spits flames out there not random length of time so all the cars in the grid look fake instantly, I find it much more difficult spotting my braking points as I tend to focus on the turn and judge the distance( this is probably a terrible way to do it) but I can often not see the bend my mind is specifically focussing on Monza first corner find it easy to see the curb on GT6 but not on AC. I am now using a marker on the left but u just feel in this day and age I should be able to make out them small details (yes resolution is 1080) sorry for all the disclaimers but I want to avoid the stupid questions.

I will reiterate I love what there doing, I'm not a troll but for me GT6 graphically is far superior and real looking and I can't quite believe that, it's not just AC, it owns anything else a PC has to offer racing wise. But why? And will it improve? I really hope so because a realistic looking game offers me much more immersion.

Edit. Please don't offer me hardware advice I know what this game looks like on Nvidia GPU's my brother also has it, he has a Nvidia Graphics card (GTX 770) and an i5 3770k so please please don't go on about hardware I have now given out my spec's in another post if you really must know, but it's BESIDES THE POINT!

Last edited:
Firstly, I do really like the game love the... Ect ect

Sorry to focus on the negative but the graphics are not that great, there are people who don't care but I wouldn't have spent £400 on a GPU and £250 on a processor if I didn't care, I am aware that i sound as though I'm bragging and I will again now, I have a very good knowledge of PC hardware (have to for my job) the only reason I say that is because I'd rather not reveal what I have to inevitably I'll get involved with someone who tells me my card is sh***, it's not my hardware you will have to take my word for it.

The reason I felt the need to start this thread is because I have seen people purring over the visuals and some that also think there pretty poor.

I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong for me I think it's because when the cars are sat on the road, they don't quite look like there on the road@:( it's hard to explain, also when the AI exhaust spits flames out there not random length of time so all the cars in the grid look fake instantly, I find it much more difficult spotting my braking points as I tend to focus on the turn and judge the distance( this is probably a terrible way to do it) but I can often not see the bend my mind is specifically focussing on Monza first corner find it easy to see the curb on GT6 but not on AC. I am now using a marker on the left but u just feel in this day and age I should be able to make out them small details (yes resolution is 1080) sorry for all the disclaimers but I want to avoid the stupid questions.

I will reiterate I love what there doing, I'm not a troll but for me GT6 graphically is far superior and real looking and I can't quite believe that, it's not just AC, it owns anything else a PC has to offer racing wise. But why? And will it improve? I really hope so because a realistic looking game offers me much more immersion.
The fact that GT doesn't allow you to set your FOV to what ever value is correct for your display and viewing position makes it impossible for it (GT) to look realistic. Impossible.

You need a good gaming PC and you need to put the graphic settings on max to make it look good. It is not as well optimized as it could be but its good for a game that hasn't been released yet. Even mine looks good (better than gt6) with 20fps on a ****** Q8200 processor & Sapphire 7850 OC edition on max GPU clock.

:lol:

But in all seriousness, I had trouble seeing corner markers too until I cranked up the AA (or was it FXAA? Don't do both).
What vid card are you running?

Honestly my card isn't the greatest anymore. I'm running a 660ti OC edition. Moving up to a 780 soon. I was just trying to be a smart ass since he said not to tell him it was his cards fault.

I have a feeling that question was meant for the OP and not me.

Last edited:
I'd rather not reveal what I have to inevitably I'll get involved with someone who tells me my card is 🤬, it's not my hardware you will have to take my word for it.

Fair enough, I don't think anyone with any potentially useful input would say that unless your card genuinely wasn't up to the job but if you don't want to specify then we can only guess. Would you mind telling us what settings you're running, though? Maybe there's a post-process AA filter (i.e. FXAA) that's blurring fine details too much or your texture filtering is 'wrong', I can't remember off the top of my head what AC allows you to configure, though.

Also, I don't know if you've tried Project CARS but it and AC are about as good as it gets on PC, and neither of them (nor GT6, of course) are perfect, but you have to remember that AC hasn't had the money, manpower nor years of development that GT has had. Apart from NetKar Pro and Ferrari Virtual Academy Kunos make commercial simulators, the kind where visuals take a back seat to simulation quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things do change rather dramatically when you start cranking up your settings.

This is going to sound odd, but AC looks fantastically bland. It looks just as boring as I think a real day at the track would look. There isn't crazy amounts of flare or dirt in the air, etc. With the graphics cranked up, coming around a corner with the sun on the horizon when your dirty windshield flares up is a sight to behold. In the higher ranges it is very crisp. It does seem a little dull in areas but at the same time, with everything else it has going for it I can over look the miniscule details. Also, who knows what else is in store graphically. I seriously doubt all of their cards are on the table.

I think they are definitely on the right track. I do think GT probably takes the cake on realism in the graphics dept. Some of the videos/photos that come out of that game look so real it doesn't make sense to me. It could be like Forza or pCars where though it does look insanely pretty, it doesn't look real.

I have a feeling that question was meant for the OP and not me.
Yeah, it was. My bad.

I'm running a Q8200, 4GB of 1333 DDR3, GTX560, Windows7 64bit. Looks good to me, runs smooth on higher but not highest settings. I have never even seen GT6, so I can't comment on comparison.

Radeon R9 290X
I7 4770k
16 GB Ram
maximum world detail, AA 4x ASF 16X

I knew this would happen, as if I have not tried testing different settings, and thanks for the hint at not running both types of AA, where on earth would you have found that information out?

Ok so lets say it's better, let me pretend that it looks better than GT6... I really wanted to refrain from the following sentence, the PS3 is 8 years old with 256mb ram for gods sake and to my eyes it looks better, I do play other games and I can see fine.

the fact that you can't change FOV in GT6 is a let down.

The following is a quote form the guy who uploaded the video, just because he thinks it doesn't mean I'm right, just think he put it in a pretty good way.

"Assetto has good cockpit graphics and textures (except the steering wheel, which I like the GT6) but needs improve in lighting and contrast, with a little more better in this aspects would be much better. As for sounds and driving Assetto is far better, of course.
GT6 has for me better lighting and more realistic environment. I would like that GT7 had AC physics and sound + GT lighting."

That's what I mean it should kick ass in every department when coming up against an ageing console My game look's about the same or better than it does in the linked video.

Also the sky looks like a poorly painted ceiling.

I think that the game could definitely look better through updates.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I don't think anyone with any potentially useful input would say that unless your card genuinely wasn't up to the job but if you don't want to specify then we can only guess. Would you mind telling us what settings you're running, though? Maybe there's a post-process AA filter (i.e. FXAA) that's blurring fine details too much or your texture filtering is 'wrong', I can't remember off the top of my head what AC allows you to configure, though.

Also, I don't know if you've tried Project CARS but it and AC are about as good as it gets on PC, and neither of them (nor GT6, of course) are perfect, but you have to remember that AC hasn't had the money, manpower nor years of development that GT has had. Apart from NetKar Pro and Ferrari Virtual Academy Kunos make commercial simulators, the kind where visuals take a back seat to simulation quality.

My point is I have seen many videos of AC, none of them look better than mine, and I'm still not happy.

I agree. It looks great in still shots but disappointing in motion, particularly compared to pCars as well as GT6. It is worth bearing in mind though that Kunos is a team of about 7. Far less than the 100 plus for SMS and PD.

Things do change rather dramatically when you start cranking up your settings.

This is going to sound odd, but AC looks fantastically bland. It looks just as boring as I think a real day at the track would look. There isn't crazy amounts of flare or dirt in the air, etc. With the graphics cranked up, coming around a corner with the sun on the horizon when your dirty windshield flares up is a sight to behold. In the higher ranges it is very crisp. It does seem a little dull in areas but at the same time, with everything else it has going for it I can over look the miniscule details. Also, who knows what else is in store graphically. I seriously doubt all of their cards are on the table.

I think they are definitely on the right track. I do think GT probably takes the cake on realism in the graphics dept. Some of the videos/photos that come out of that game look so real it doesn't make sense to me. It could be like Forza or pCars where though it does look insanely pretty, it doesn't look real.

can you tell me in the video I linked what looks much better? the hands on the wheel look better that's where im stuck.

I agree. It looks great in still shots but disappointing in motion, particularly compared to pCars as well as GT6. It is worth bearing in mind though that Kunos is a team of about 7. Far less than the 100 plus for SMS and PD.
I know, and I think there doing a great job, I will defiantly play this game ALOT regardless, I just hope it's on the priority list for improvement because it would set it apart from everything by a long way.

It could be an AMD thing, but really i'm just grasping at straws. I know the game has been some what optimized for Nvidia users.

Edit - or maybe it was just an SLI profile.

It could be an AMD thing, but really i'm just grasping at straws. I know the game has been some what optimized for Nvidia users.

Edit - or maybe it was just an SLI profile.

JEEZUZ Help me, I need to be able to put my point across, ill try once more, I have seen this game run on better rigs than mine, I have watched many many many videos the graphics are what they are no amount of hardware is going to make this game look better than it looks in pretty much full detail running a constant 60fps.

I don't think it's awful graphically I didn't want to give away my specs for this exact reason, I have no trouble running the game pretty darn close to maximum, I have no FPS issue (I still have a CPU issue when running 26 cars so feel free to tell me an i7 4770k is also rubbish)

that's not what I was on about when creating this thread.

HUMAN BEINGS FFS

JEEZUZ Help me, I need to be able to put my point across, ill try once more, I have seen this game run on better rigs than mine, I have watched many many many videos the graphics are what they are no amount of hardware is going to make this game look better than it looks in pretty much full detail running a constant 60fps.

I don't think it's awful graphically I didn't want to give away my specs for this exact reason, I have no trouble running the game pretty darn close to maximum, I have no FPS issue (I still have a CPU issue when running 26 cars so feel free to tell me an i7 4770k is also rubbish)

that's not what I was on about when creating this thread.

HUMAN BEINGS FFS

So what was the real point of making this thread then? Just to say you don't like the graphics? HUMAN BEINGS!

If so great. Thought maybe you actually were trying to acclomplish something.

So many edit's to stop myself getting warnings, what I have discovered is PC users are a different breed and one must not criticise there wondrous machines even though in parts there still being put to shame by a comparative relic.

So many edit's to stop myself getting warnings, what I have discovered is PC users are a different breed and one must not criticise there wondrous machines even though in parts there still being put to shame by a comparative relic.

Is that supposed to read my computer is better then yours or my penis is bigger then yours. Yes your computer sounds like a monster even though I don't like AMD and think NVIDIA performs better, but to each there own. That doesn't take away from this being a worthless thread. And to answer your main question as to why GT6 looks better. Why don't you go to the Assetto Corsa forums and ask that question. You know the forum were the game developers frequent. Then maybe you'll get the answer your looking for rather then coming to a GT forum and asking us non informed HUMAN BEINGS.

So what are your PC specs then?

It's a beastly system he has post #11, but coming of like D-bag isn't helping his cause. People also seem to forget there's way more physics calculations going on under the hood also compared to GT.

Is that supposed to read my computer is better then yours or my penis is bigger then yours. Yes your computer sounds like a monster even though I don't like AMD and think NVIDIA performs better, but to each there own. That doesn't take away from this being a worthless thread. And to answer your main question as to why GT6 looks better. Why don't you go to the Assetto Corsa forums and ask that question. You know the forum were the game developers frequent. Then maybe you'll get the answer your looking for rather then coming to a GT forum and asking us non informed HUMAN BEINGS.
you still don't get it, I didn't want to give out my specs, I know that isn't the problem. I was asked more than once to do so even though I informed people that I spent a fortune on equipment, I really don't understand bragging on forums as you don't know nor will never know me hence why It's not to bad to come over like a bragger because I don't mind telling you that i'm not a rich man I drive a 10 year old car have an unstable income and spend my free cash on a hobby, as for not using the AC forum then what's the point in it being here, you will find links from official forums to here, im registered here and I like this forum that's why. flick that chip off.

It's a beastly system he has post #11, but coming of like D-bag isn't helping his cause. People also seem to forget there's way more physics calculations going on under the hood also compared to GT.
and there is way more power in a modern gaming PC.

you still don't get it, I didn't want to give out my specs, I know that isn't the problem. I was asked more than once to do so even though I informed people that I spent a fortune on equipment, I really don't understand bragging on forums as you don't know nor will never know me hence why It's not to bad to come over like a bragger because I don't mind telling you that i'm not a rich man I drive a 10 year old car have an unstable income and spend my free cash on a hobby, as for not using the AC forum then what's the point in it being here, you will find links from official forums to here, im registered here and I like this forum that's why. flick that chip off.

Well if you want an answer to a specific question as yours "Why does GT look better" you'd be better off asking on the actual game forum (I'm sure you'll get laughed right off of it also). All we are here are fans of the game not the developers.

and no! it's supposed to read, GT6 is an unbelievable achievement the relic being the PS3. so I wasn't criticising anyone's equipment.

Well if you want an answer to a specific question as yours "Why does GT look better" you'd be better off asking on the actual game forum (I'm sure you'll get laughed right off of it also). All we are here are fans of the game not the developers.

again laughing at me on here does little to my feelings, but obviously a small criticism of an otherwise fantastic game has your back up.

are you trolling me? fair enough you think it looks fantastic but the first part, you must read and understand a post.

Nope, I read your post and made a simple recommendation. You are the first person to bring up this issue that I have seen. But as usual, after reading some other posts on your thread, the issue is now being derailed to something else when some people are trying to help.

Back