Not receiving alerts for active threads.

• Thread starter E RaK
  • 30 comments
United States
N. Reading, MA
esr686
As the title explains, only occasionally will I get a notification even though I can see that my subscribed threads are active.

I know that if you have sub to a topic you will only get 1 alert when someone has replied to it.

If you bring up your alerts list and don't open them all, it will no longer alert you on a thread you ignored. To fix this, press the 'watched threads' button and open the thread(I use ctrl + left mouse button on the time in the last message column) and it should start alerting you again.

I've been having the same issue. Leads to a lot of confusion and annoyances if you're in a club or racing series and you need to know information at that exact moment.

I've been having issues as well, even with threads I've read (WRS, Ramblings etc...).

Method of going back through some of the subscribed threads and opening the last post on each seems to work

Method of going back through some of the subscribed threads and opening the last post on each seems to work
That should, but I'm not clear if these reports actually indicate a problem or a misunderstanding of how new post alerts work.

You will receive only one alert for a thread you're subscribed to until you view that thread. If you ignore the alert and do not view the thread, you will receive no further alerts for new posts within it. It works just like the email notification system has always worked on the forum - you'll only receive one notification from the thread until you view it again.

This is designed to prevent you from being overwhelmed with alerts to highly active threads, and to keep you from being annoyed with alerts by older threads you may no longer have much interest in. Therefore, I don't think the Alerts system should be used as a reliable way to always be notified of new posts to a thread, unless you're prepared to review your full Latest Alerts log (available by clicking the "Alerts" link).

I would recommend using the Watched Threads page to keep a closer eye on topics that you want to keep a very close eye on.

By the way, Jordon, if you're on the "Unread Watched Threads" page, it says you're currently "managing account details". Is it possible for you to change that? I've been asked a few times why I'm always managing my account details. :lol:

By the way, Jordon, if you're on the "Unread Watched Threads" page, it says you're currently "managing account details". Is it possible for you to change that? I've been asked a few times why I'm always managing my account details. :lol:
I'd be more concerned that your pals are, not only often look at your profile page, but also have the gall to pester you about what they see there. :odd: :lol:

I'd be more concerned that your pals are, not only often look at your profile page, but also have the gall to pester you about what they see there. :odd: :lol:
*clicks on WHaT's avatar.* "Managing account details."
*3 hours later* *Managing account details.*
Me: "What the hell are you managing your account for!?!?!?!"

Back