Notification of Maintenance 18/03/2015 = 1.17 Coming?

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 133 comments
Russian Federation
Russia, Moscow
Dionisiy
At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Start: 18/03/2015 04:00 GMT
Finish: 18/03/2015 06:00 GMT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*Please note that the maintenance time may be subject to change.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3965553.html

Inb4 "It's happening" memes, pictures or videos. Or "hype train" references.

Ok, now, before this thread goes off the rails. My bets are on the release of one or two of the recently unveiled VGTs (Alpine and Lexus), and not much more than that. Of course, there are still lingering thoughts about a certain course creator...

But it's more likely that it'll be mostly bug fixes and/or online stabilization. We can also use those...

Ah, speaking of bug fixes, let's hope that the "Suspend championship in B-spec equals freezing" bug will be fixed. Never actually experienced it, but if anything it should be fixed.

no.jpg

Remember: Expect nothing, hope for the best.

This is most likely to fix the server unstability, any kind of content would be nice.
If it's nothing more than server maintenance, why schedule a different time when there is already a 2 hour regular maintenance window scheduled?

That said, you could argue why create an irregular time for this maintenance. :)
Whatever the answer, it's unusual.
And generally unusual maintenance yields an update.

I'm anticipating the Alpine VGT.
Maybe an Alpine racing suit/helmet or 2 as well.
Anything more is questionable.

The Lexus is a chance.
It's perhaps a little telling that they didn't call 'March' when both the Lexus and Alpine were fully revealed at almost the same time though.
It suggests there's some difference there.

I'm a little surprised there's been no recognition of Bertone's VGT update on their Facebook account.
No-one ever seems to talk there, but perhaps that's simply due to language barriers?
Still, I was anticipating some sort of mimic post, possibly on the GT Facebook account, to acknowledge the activity of Bertone's account.
No idea what that all means.
Just thinking out loud. :lol:

Ah, speaking of bug fixes, let's hope that the "Suspend championship in B-spec equals freezing" bug will be fixed. Never actually experienced it, but if anything it should be fixed.
That is such a minor bug that it would not matter if it is never fixed. The championships are all short and take no more than an hour to complete so there really is no need to save the progress on them in B-Spec simply don't start one if you won't have time to finish it and if by chance you do then it is no big deal just start it again.

Of all the things that should be fixed this should be at the very bottom of the list

Back