Now the Thrustmaster 500 is coming out, will Kaz ignore the G 25/27?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marsekay
  • 42 comments
  • 4,655 views
Messages
145
Messages
marsekay
Same as title really, i was hoping on a patch to see these wheels FULLY supported and the glitches ironed out, however i'm not sure if we will now Kaz is bringing out his new baby (TM500)

I know hes mentioned "working on it" (the G wheels) but will he finish the job?

Me? i bloody well hope so as i bought a G 27 for this game because i didnt think a new wheel would be announced AFTER the game released!
 
I think official support for the G25/27 will never come out because the licensing with the DFGT provides an incentive to promote that as the only officially supported current logitech wheel.

I would assume some royalties go to PD for every DFGT sold and as such it would be bad business to officially sanction an alternate wheel that they get no royalties from from a business standpoint.
 
No, he won't. It would be suicide to abandon that many wheel users. Its not even just the G25/G27, Logitech's drivers are universal. If it(Any game) can use the DFP it can use the G25/G27. . The G27 works on PS2 with any game that supports logitec wheels.
 
i really hope not... i didn't buy a $300 wheel just to not have it get support for the 6 buttons i've been itching to make useful!
 
No, he won't. It would be suicide to abandon that many wheel users. Its not even just the G25/G27, Logitech's drivers are universal. If it(Any game) can use the DFP it can use the G25/G27. . The G27 works on PS2 with any game that supports logitec wheels.

Logitechs windows drivers are a universal pacakge, I would not be so sure about console hardware though... while a lot is probably the same between wheels that allows for some functionality to be shared, it's entirely possible that full support on the consoles is not there.

For instance on the G27 I believe the buttons on the wheel we can't use are sent with USBID of something like Button 11, Button 12 etc. If the PS3 is only programmed to support button names up to say Button 8, there would be no way for the PS3 to handle Button 11 and Button 12 unless they specifically addressed this issue.
 
Guy it was never an Official wheel. Im tight as well over the situation but there is a potential better coming which is officially supported.
 
They will patch it so it will function like in GT5P but as far as put it in the menu like the DFGT, nope.
 
For the record, F12010 on PS3 fully supports all buttons on G27 and they can all be mapped. It is definitely not a hardware issue.
 
I wouldn't panic; there's at least another six years before GT6! (and a patch won't remove any functionality) :)
 
Logitechs windows drivers are a universal pacakge, I would not be so sure about console hardware though... while a lot is probably the same between wheels that allows for some functionality to be shared, it's entirely possible that full support on the consoles is not there.

For instance on the G27 I believe the buttons on the wheel we can't use are sent with USBID of something like Button 11, Button 12 etc. If the PS3 is only programmed to support button names up to say Button 8, there would be no way for the PS3 to handle Button 11 and Button 12 unless they specifically addressed this issue.

The wheel, pedals , P-shifters, d-pad, all main button functions work like the DFP. Playing Test Drive Eve of destruction is a blast with the G27 on PS2. I never said it was supported at all. It works like a DFP. All basic functions work. With PS2 its not hardware drivers, its in the software. Only works with games that support logitech wheels.
 
Last edited:
G27 works great with GT5, I can live without using the horn...
 
Well at elast the wheel sworks, it would be nice to see all the little things ironed out though,

the dodgy 1-2 nd gear issue, the button mapping etc.
 
Hope not!
G2x are great wheels and if they become supported, thousands of happy users will probably have a diferent GT5 experience.
Like a previous user wrote, don't think we will ever see a G2x wheel on the config menu, but if we could only have 95% of support...
G25 you can remap buttons although your not able to control degrees, so 80% of support is there. For the G27, no button remap, no degrees control, so only 50% of wheel support is there.
I really love my G27 on PS3 using games like NFS, F1 2010 and dirt 2. I'm even considering buying rfactor for PC, because I loved the demo CD (which came with the wheel)

Please Mr. Kaz, add more support for G2x wheels... you will make thousands of happy users! :)
 
Last edited:
Well at elast the wheel sworks, it would be nice to see all the little things ironed out though,

the dodgy 1-2 nd gear issue, the button mapping etc.

This. Making functional buttons to be accessed would be golden!
 
I think so, sounds like there were issues getting the G25/G27 to work nicely with GT5 and now this new wheel comes along and they can make it work exactly how they want. I can't see them putting too much effort into the G25 and G27 wheels now they have the DFGT as a budget wheel and the new wheel as a top end wheel, they don't really need to worry about the other wheels as they have both price points covered.
 
I'm pleased with my G27 & content without the use of a horn.
 
It may be possible that the buttons become supported but I dont expect much else.
 
Well at elast the wheel sworks, it would be nice to see all the little things ironed out though,

the dodgy 1-2 nd gear issue, the button mapping etc.

The second gear thing is what kills me the most by far... accompanied by the fact there is no sound or force feedback to tell you that you missed the shift (PD toss some wheel vibration in or something please?) I loose entire seconds to this stupid problem sometimes.
 
I'm pretty sure I read a recent interview where Kaz said he is working on better support for G25/27.
 
The second gear thing is what kills me the most by far... accompanied by the fact there is no sound or force feedback to tell you that you missed the shift (PD toss some wheel vibration in or something please?) I loose entire seconds to this stupid problem sometimes.

I thought it was just me. I had to restart a race 4 times in a row because I kept missing second. But a gear miss sound is needed. Early leads are crucial in this game.
 
I thought it was just me. I had to restart a race 4 times in a row because I kept missing second. But a gear miss sound is needed. Early leads are crucial in this game.

I tend not to miss off the line because I am conciously watching that gear counter to make sure I hit 2nd (which I shoduln't have to but still) where it kills me is when I rapidly downshift and engine break into a hairpin only to find out half way through I am neutral... now I can't power out of the apex like I should and I spend a lot of time trying to fix it (it seems even HARDER to get it back into 2nd after a miss than just to shift in) and loose a lot of speed I should be carrying.

This is often the case at Suzuka and has gotten me a few times at Fuji as well as other places. This is very frustrating especially a few laps in because I have fought for position and now lost it late enough it might be too late to come back but I have to give up 4 or 5 laps of work to restart :(

I would love a LOUD missed shift grind and a wheel vibration since the stick has no feedback.

Find it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-on-gt5s-mechanical-damage-updates-more/

"Polyphony Digital continues to work on fully supporting the Logitech G25 and G27, though Yamauchi admits he would like a “new steering device soon”…"

I remember that now... I am not getting my hopes up on this one becuase of how statements like this have panned out in the past, but I would be more than happy to see it come through!
 
He'd "like a new steering device" and miraculously a few days later the device is unlocked in the game due to the calendar date rather than a patch.

I've got a G25. I'd love to see full support but we won't.

The G25 will be the biggest competitor to the officially branded thrustmaster, and just as it was never given full support against the officially branded DFGT this won't be any different.

Why would most people looking for a high-end wheel buy the expensive thrustmaster when they can pick up an equaly good G27 much cheaper?........ except it has rather gimped (intentionally) support. If the G's were supported it would reduce sales of the thrustmaster, and they haven't spent all that money getting the branding on their wheel without securing some assurances from PD about future G support (or lack thereof)
 
In a reply from twits Yaz said that G25/27 support was worked on...I like many think thats a crock of poo...The G25/27 is the choice of gamers yet PD choose to support a new (probably crappy) wheel first. I bought a thrustmaster joystick for pc fighter ace. It lasted 2 months. I wont be buying the wheel cause my G25 is in still perfect working order since 2007...I wonder why Logitech isnt doing the GT franchise any more...Maybe cause they had to sign to another franchise to sell wheels? PD took a lesser wheel and the price tag is spectacular. $500 dollars...I got my wheel and my seat for that! Ok i took the G25 at first bat and it was cheaper. as it got more popular it got more expensive. I payed £149 for my G25 and £249 for the game racer...Im not sure what the Dollar is now but im damn sure that either wont equate to $500.......?
 
This new wheel looks very cheap. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't look good.
 
While I firmly believe that PD should provide full support for the G25 and G27 I don't think they ever will because of the almighty dollar!

But, why doesn't Logitech step up to the plate with a firmware update that will mirror the T500 and allow you to log the device in the game as a T500? Or even another wheel out there. They could and should do that so that their customers can make full use of the wheels with games that are trying to shut them out like GT5.
 
thid new thrustmaster looks really badly made, and plasticcy, so im hoping noone buys it and kaz sorts out the G wheels instead.
 
dunno about the G27 but on my G25 i can't feel any feedback for tyre grip like i can in rfactor, gtr2 and even forza3 on the xbox wheel. this game is great but would be alot better with tyre grip feedback on the G25.
 
I just hope that the new steering wheel allows power shifting.....and knock off that "You have to let up off the gas" Bul****.
 
Back