NTSC Championship S1 - Round 1 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 136 comments

Which car do you want to use for the next tournament

• 500pp Honda Integra

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 600pp Ferrari F512bb

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • 750pp Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
cliolr.gif

NTSC Tournament #1

ALL RACES ARE PROFESSIONAL PHYSICS

OK I'm going to try this tournament deal and see how it turns out. I think the online racing could use a little shot in the arm and hopefully this and other competitions like the tuner challenge and board challenge can do that. This of course is just for NTSC, PAL drivers can host their own.

The Car:

Renault Clio V6 Tuned (600pp)

The Schedule for Group 1:

Tuesday, May 20th
Race 1 - 8:30pm est - Suzuka
Race 2 - 8:45pm est - High Speed Ring
Race 3 - 9:00pm est - Daytona Speedway
Race 4 - 9:15pm est - Suzuka

The Schedule for Group 2:

Tuesday, May 20th
Race 1 - 8:45pm est - Suzuka
Race 2 - 9:00pm est - High Speed Ring
Race 3 - 9:15pm est - Daytona Speedway
Race 4 - 9:30pm est - Suzuka

The Rules:

1. You are allowed to setup the car anyway you wish
  2. First place gets 10 points, second 7, third 6, fourth 5, fifth 4, and sixth 3. Points are not determined by your finishing position overall, but by your finishing position according to other GTP members. So you can win and get 10 points even if you finish 3rd, as long as there is no GTP members ahead of you.
  3. If the host quits the race then that race is cancelled. Wait for the next one.
  4. Whoever accumulates the most points over the 4 races is the champion. Tie breaker goes to who won the most.
  5. For the first tournament the groups will be determined by order of entries
  6. At the end of the race just write down your finishing position compared to the other GTP members. If you finish up front use the extra time to write down the finishing position of the others to ensure everything is recorded in case they don't see the results.
  7. Some rules may change depending on how the first tournament plays out.

Group 1:
  • BaldurKn
  • GTP_Slicecom
  • RedSuinit
  • KumaBar
  • GTP_L_Hamilton
  • GTP_Ravenmaven

Group 2:
  • Mighty_Mopar
  • NapoleonMikey
  • GTP_bbcnascar2
  • GTP_Phantom
  • GTP_CWR
  • GTP_Dbo129
  • GTP_CudaDude
  • Spyhunter

Group 1 Race Results

Race ONE: Suzuka

1. GTP_Ravenmaven
2. GTP_L_Hamilton
3. RedSunit
4. KumaBar
5. BaldurKn

Race TWO: HSR

1. GTP_L_Hamilton
2. GTP_Ravenmaven
3. BaldurKn
4. KumaBar
0. RedSunit - Different Race

Race THREE: Daytona

1. GTP_Ravenmaven
2. RedSunit
3. BaldurKn
4. KumaBar
5. GTP_L_Hamilton

Race FOUR: Suzuka

1. GTP_Ravenmaven
2. KumaBar
3. BaldurKn
4. RedSunit

Official Points Standings for Group 1

37 - GTP Ravenman
22 - KumaBar
22 - BaldurKn
21 - GTP_L_Hamilton
21 - RedSunit

Group 2 Race Results

Race ONE: Suzuka Circuit

1. Cudadude
2. Chadwicksracing/CWR
3. Dbo129
4. VentureDenny/Phantom
5. NapoleanMikey
6. bbcNascar2

Race TWO: High Speed Ring: Forward

1. Cudadude
2. VentureDenny/Phantom
3. Dbo129
4. bbcNascar2
5. Chadwicksracing/CWR
6. NapoleanMikey

Race THREE: Daytona International Speedway

1. Cudadude
2. SpyHunter
3. bbcNascar2
4. Chadwicksracing/CWR
5. NapoleanMikey
6. Dbo129
0. VentureDenny - Different Race

Race FOUR: Suzuka Circuit

1. Cudadude
2. Chadwicksracing/CWR
3. NapoleanMikey
4. SpyHunter
5. VentureDenny/Phantom
6. bbcNascar2

Official Points Standings for Group 2

40 - CudaDude
23 - Chadwicksracing
19 - VentureDenny
17 - bbcnascar2
17 - NapoleanMikey
15 - Dbo129
12 - SpyHunter

For the next Tournament the Groups will divided into A, B,C etc according to their performance from the first tournament.

Group A*

40 - CudaDude
37 - GTP Ravenman
23 - Chadwicksracing
22 - KumaBar
22 - BaldurKn
21 - RedSunit
21 - GTP_L_Hamilton

Group B*

19 - VentureDenny
17 - bbcnascar2
17 - NapoleanMikey
15 - Dbo129
12 - SpyHunter
- The rest will be filled according to signup order in the next tournament thread

* HOWEVER, in order to take your spot in your group for the next tournament you have to sign up by simply posting in the next tournament thread that you will participate. This is done so drivers who can't make it can make room for others who will. You will only drop down one group if you miss a tournament.

RECORD BOOK

Wins
4 - CudaDude
3 - GTP_Ravenman
1 - GTP_L_Hamilton

Podiums
4 - Cudadude
4 - GTP_Ravenman
3 - BaldurKn
2 - Chadwicksracing/CWR
2 - Dbo129
2 - GTP_L_Hamilton
2 - RedSunit
1 - bbcNascar2
1 - KumaBar
1 - NapoleanMikey
1 - SpyHunter
1 - VentureDenny/Phantom

Total Points Scored in NTSC Tournaments
40 - CudaDude
37 - GTP Ravenman
23 - Chadwicksracing
22 - KumaBar
22 - BaldurKn
21 - GTP_L_Hamilton
21 - RedSunit
19 - VentureDenny
17 - bbcnascar2
17 - NapoleanMikey
15 - Dbo129
12 - SpyHunter

One thing you'll want to consider is that each PS3 will determine exact race times and finishing positions separately. I have seen this before on close finishes when I was on TeamSpeak with 4 or 5 other racers. For example, my screen showed that I finished 2nd with a time of 3:06.123, but one of the other racers saw me finish in 3rd place with a time of 3:06.234.

I'm sure it has to do with how the game processes all the other racers on the track over the network. I'm guessing the network just passes the X, Y, Z location data. Depending on the exact time that data is passed to your PS3, it will effect the lap time and relative position on your game.

OrangeR Cup Overall Wins
2 - GTP_Mine's_GTR
2 - GTP_Cudadude
1 - GTP_KumaBar
1 - GTP_Ravenmaven
1 - GTP_Brakefade
1 - GTP_Vaxen
1 - GTP_Twistybits

Clubman Cup Overall Wins
2 - GTP_Cudadude
1 - GTP_Digital_Relay
1 - GTP_Twistybits
1 - Oo_xVx_oO
1 - GTP_Angelx
1 - GTP_Earth
1 - GTP_CWR
1 - GTP_Vanos2990

Sports Cup Overall Wins
1 - GTP_DTWmetro
1 - Terbeaux
1 - GTP_Cudadude

Last edited:
This sounds bogus

Anyone else see something like that?

I experienced it several times using the JPN version months ago. It should be very easy to test. There are multiple GTP users running together every night. Snap some digital pics and compare. I'll volunteer to do so the next time I race online.

I experienced it several times using the JPN version months ago. It should be very easy to test. There are multiple GTP users running together every night. Snap some digital pics and compare. I'll volunteer to do so the next time I race online.

I can see the times being a little different, but finishing positions different on each console?

Why don't you join this tournament and take some snap shots of the results. I will do the same and we can compare.

I can see the times being a little different, but finishing positions different on each console?

Why don't you join this tournament and take some snap shots of the results. I will do the same and we can compare.

I'm not sure if I'll be available for this tourney yet. I should know by tomorrow. If I can race, I'd be happy to take some shots to compare.

When I did see this occur, it was on finishes that were less than a car length and it always happened at Daytona oval, where it's easier to have three-wide finishes. Then again, at that time, I think Daytona was about the only track I ran on a consistent basis.

These times are all too early for me (being West Coast), otherwise I'd be in.

I am now a proud owner of the Driving Force GT. I think i will still race with a game pad on Tuesday. Seem how I still need to get used to the wheel. But I don't mind racing against people on a wheel if no one else wants to race with a game pad.

Vaxen
These times are all too early for me (being West Coast), otherwise I'd be in.

Have a look over the group 2 schedule. Is that late enough?

Chadwicksracing
I am now a proud owner of the Driving Force GT. I think i will still race with a game pad on Tuesday. Seem how I still need to get used to the wheel. But I don't mind racing against people on a wheel if no one else wants to race with a game pad.

It seems not many are going to show up with a pad. If the attendance for the SIXAXIS group stays the way it is then that group will dissolve and those in it will move into one of the wheel groups.

Vaxen raised a good point, for the next tournament I may introduce 3 schedules with 3 different times and those signing up will pick which one best suits them.

Wish I could do this but I will be busy with finals next week.... Do you know when your going to have the next one?

Wish I could do this but I will be busy with finals next week.... Do you know when your going to have the next one?

Probably the next Tuesday.

I didn't pick Saturday or Sunday because alot of guys including me like to get out on the weekend and this would interfere.

Nobody really does anything on a Tuesday evening

Have a look over the group 2 schedule. Is that late enough?

My schedule is a bit full atm (which is why I haven't been racing online as much as I'd like), but Tuesday's I'm not free until ~9:30pm Pacific, which I know would be way too late for most East Coasters. Don't change the schedule on my behalf, but having one of the time slots later in the evening might allow more to participate.

The schedule and groups will be finalized Monday.

If the SIXAXIS group remains with low attendance they will be put into a wheel group.

I think I will group the drivers for the next tournament according to their performance in the first one, the drivers who earn the most points will be added into a 'Group A' until there are 5 in it then other groups will be filled in according to points from most to least.

Then after the next tournament this is how it will go:

Say group A runs their 4 races and the points look like this:

Driver A - 39
Driver B - 38
Driver C - 36
Driver D - 35
Driver E - 35

Say group B runs their 4 races and the points look like this:

Driver F - 39
Driver G - 38
Driver H - 36
Driver I - 35
Driver J - 35

Drivers F and G would move up into group A and drivers D and E would move down into group B because those were the lowest and highest scoring drivers. This goes down through all the groups, top 2 drivers move up, bottom 2 move down.

Newcomers will be added to the bottom group and they will have to work themselves up from there.

I'm also going to changet he 10-9-8-7 etc scoring system to something with larger points gap with emphasis on winning and I will most likely make the groups consist of 6 drivers, not just 5.

Details how we would report the end of the race?
And what if a GTP_ racer starts there race and doesn't connect to any other GTP_ members?

cudadude2
GTP_CudaDude (Sixaxis Controller)
no garentee, but will try like heck to be there.

b

Anything can come up Tuesday evening, something may come up with me and I may not be there, just make it if you can, no pressure.

bbcnascar2
Details how we would report the end of the race?

At the end of the race just write down your finishing position compared to the other GTP members. If you finish up front use the extra time to write down the finishing position of the others to ensure everything is recorded in case they don't see the results.

bbcnascar2
And what if a GTP_ racer starts there race and doesn't connect to any other GTP_ members?

If that happens then you just miss out. If you connect to at least 1 GTP member then that will count as points, but if you race by yourself with no GTP members then no.

I find my system of just 5 drivers to be safe, the GTP vs GTRP vs GTNDC etc tournament is putting 10! drivers in each race with just 3 minutes inbetween races. I'll have to see how this and their tournament works out so I can update the rules for the next one.

Hey Earth,

Its looking like Sixaxis is doomed to be in group three. There is no problem with that. I am ok with it and because I have a wheel now its better that way. lol

I was talking with Dbo129 and he said he was O.K. with being in a wheel group. So go ahead and change that. ;)

Back