NTSC Championship S1 - Round 1 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 136 comments

Which car do you want to use for the next tournament

• 500pp Honda Integra

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 600pp Ferrari F512bb

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • 750pp Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys,

While I had fun tonight I just thought the quality of racing was poor. I don't think I actually battled anyone for the win. The Daytona race was crap because I started 10th and there were other people racing with us. So we were cut off from each other in that race. Then by drafting buddies hit the wall and the pentaly took over from there. I don't think we should incorperate Daytona Oval in another one of these races again, unless its at the Road Course.

I didn't have too much competition besides on High Speed Ring were I was beat to death by my own. I was hit three time in that race and with three hits there is no way I can keep up after that. Especially since my car was side ways after every hit.

If you want me to participate in another one of theses then we got to find away to improve the racing.

The two Suzuka races were garbage because the same old punting crap. Cudadude dominated the entire field every race. At Suzuka there wasn't much I could do to catch him or make a real race out of it. It was just the same old crap.. Run as hard as you can for 3 laps and hope you are not punted by a the hacks.

I dunno if anyone else shares the same thoughts about the races, but I didn't think it worked as well as we had hoped.

Yeah, the racing was tough. It is hard to get through the field. I think that next time we should all have to have the max points, or a particular number below max points. When the (2nd) Suzuka race started, and I saw Cuda was at 597 or 598, I knew it was going to be tough sleding catching him. But I had him in my sights going into 130R on the last lap.

So, there you go. I went from 11th to second overall, only to get hit (no worries Hamilton) and end up 5th. But you don't hear me complain. Stuff happens. Just like in a real race.

Did I rough you up Chad? I apologize if I did.

I don't know who roughed me up on High Speed Ring, but I was not happy with you guys, as I race you guys very clean. I'll have the video and you can see what happen to me..three times..wow..

Its all good guys, but geez, try not to hit me so much..it really gets on my nerves...It boils my blood when I am knocked around like that. A tap here and there is fine, but these hits really slowed me down.

Yeah, well, I was chosen as host for the group 2 Daytona race...11 cars. My connection can only handle 8, so the rest of the GTP guys got disconnected, and I had to complete Daytona with 2 non-GTP guys while the rest of the GTP guys started another race. My online creed is if you are the host you cant disconnect, so I missed the points for Daytona. Oh well, at least I didn't embarass myself racing tonight. I wish I wasn't ALWAYS the host.
I'm looking forward to the next tournament already.

Well, we ended up in similar boats then. :) Doesn't it suck when you get fewer points than you should've???

Hey guys,

While I had fun tonight I just thought the quality of racing was poor. I don't think I actually battled anyone for the win. The Daytona race was crap because I started 10th and there were other people racing with us. So we were cut off from each other in that race. Then by drafting buddies hit the wall and the pentaly took over from there. I don't think we should incorperate Daytona Oval in another one of these races again, unless its at the Road Course.

I didn't have too much competition besides on High Speed Ring were I was beat to death by my own. I was hit three time in that race and with three hits there is no way I can keep up after that. Especially since my car was side ways after every hit.

If you want me to participate in another one of theses then we got to find away to improve the racing.

The two Suzuka races were garbage because the same old punting crap. Cudadude dominated the entire field every race. At Suzuka there wasn't much I could do to catch him or make a real race out of it. It was just the same old crap.. Run as hard as you can for 3 laps and hope you are not punted by a the hacks.

I dunno if anyone else shares the same thoughts about the races, but I didn't think it worked as well as we had hoped.

Even thoe i got wrecked in every race except (Daytona)I thought it was very fun and please do not get rid of Daytona.

Yea and that damn Black Evo punted me twice and some GTP_member with 911 in his name put me in the sand twice.

I think for what we have to work with (no private rooms) it was ok.

Group 1 were the fastest cars on the tracks at the time we were racing so traffic and punters were not much of an issue. It was far from the clean whole wheat goodness that is usually associated with GTP members. But still better than the average online race. I am not ashamed to say though...that I gave as good as I got. :mischievous:

Group 1 were the fastest cars on the tracks at the time we were racing so traffic and punters were not much of an issue. It was far from the clean whole wheat goodness that is usually associated with GTP members. But still better than the average online race. I am not ashamed to say though...that I gave as good as I got. :mischievous:

I would like to say that I was faster than race pace, but I race the slow people with respect and give them room, and make my passes clean as can be. Which is probably why I get punted so much. From my point of view(which you will see soon enough) I didnt think the racing was very good, and you will see why. When I am in your group next week I should be able to show you what I got. lol

My finishes

Group #2

Suzuka 3rd
HSR 3rd
Daytona 6th
Suzuka 1st (didn't connect me with group, but GTP_Mkay was there)
I don't know if the last race will count. If it dosen't oh well, I still had alot of fun and I look forward to the next tourny 👍

I would like to say that I was faster than race pace, but I race the slow people with respect and give them room, and make my passes clean as can be. Which is probably why I get punted so much. From my point of view(which you will see soon enough) I didnt think the racing was very good, and you will see why. When I am in your group next week I should be able to show you what I got. lol

We know you're fast and clean Chad. Putting people who have spent some time racing and developing "track trust" together might be a good idea for the next set of events.

My finishes

Group #2

Suzuka 3rd
HSR 3rd
Daytona 6th
Suzuka 1st (didn't connect me with group, but GTP_Mkay was there)
I don't know if the last race will count. If it dosen't oh well, I still had alot of fun and I look forward to the next tourny 👍

That race where you didn't get in really hurt you, but next time you can get into all of them and kill them all!

@Rave
I dunno what to do, other than run my race and get the best I can. I think this next group I am in will be the most diffcult feat that I have had online. We shall see. The next car is the F512BB I can't wait to drive it all the time in practice. lol

Thanks to everyone for participating and recording the times.

I already see some controversy in Group 1's race at Daytona, I'm going to have to look into that.

I've also seen some drivers not connect with the rest of the GTP drivers

I've also seen some drivers get punted off the track or started too far back and never had a chance to race with other GTP drivers.

I already have several rules in my head that should fix most of the above problems.

I'm thinking about giving drivers who get put into a different group with no GTP members a fixed number of points because it wasn't their fault. Running 5pp below whatever limit is set by PD should ensure all GTP start up front and it is their job stay in front of the hacks, but still they may fall victim to them but that's what we have to deal with.

I'm also thinking about running 2 races in a row at the same track with maybe 12 minutes inbetween races so I can use the extra time gained to add a 5th race.

I'm very busy at the moment and it is late, so I will look over the controversies, points, and bad experiences more and will have an update tomorrow.

The Tournament #2 post will be up when PD updates the online races so I know what we're dealing with.

I expected alot of problems in the first tournament, but they should be solved or reduced for the second.

I don't have the time to reply to everyone right now as I just got on the computer and it just turned 1 AM.

Will be back on soon, thanks for running.

Hey guys,

I didn't think the racing was poor, I think a lot of us were trying too hard and got a little sloppy, yeah. But I agree Daytona should be left out, there will always be a crowd of non GTP cars at Daytona.

Hey Chad, I started out in 1st position, and by the time we got to the esses, on the first lap, I was last. I was pushed into a wall (barrier penalty), and hit by someone (?) that got me a collision penalty. But I kept racing, and finished second. I think everyone was getting banged around.:scared:

Oh come on, it was sloppy but it was fun...just because we were racing against familiar names. I'll do it again. I look forward to it.👍

"run as hard as you can...and hope you are not punted" That's always the story for me at Suzuka. Racing the GTP guys seemed to be no different than other online races there, but I think the punts were unintentional this time. But there were a lot of punts.

Maybe the next time, with the points system deciding who will be in groups, the racing will be more of a race. But it would be eaiser if we had a smaller group, I think. But we have no control of how many non-GTP'ers will be in the race.
Most of my memorable online races were when 2 or 3 cars got ahead of the "pack" and had a clean battle for a few laps. But these were always with a small number of entries to start with.
I've had the most fun in the 500pp races, I think because the cars are more easily controlled. So there is less accidental contact. It is easier to be polite when you have your car under control. Too bad more GTP'ers don't realize the fine finesse it take to race in 500pp. I know these races aren't very popular because of the lack of speed and power.

I dunno what to do, other than run my race and get the best I can. I think this next group I am in will be the most diffcult feat that I have had online. We shall see. The next car is the F512BB I can't wait to drive it all the time in practice. lol
The Ferrari 512BB can be a difficult car to master. Hard to set up right, and the tail comes around fairly easily. If you think the Clio races were sloppy, I think the F512BB races will be even sloppier. When you over drive the Ferrari, it will be all over the track. I've dominated some 600pp races with it, but then I was the only F512BB in the race, and had room to hang the tail out. A full field of 512BB's, WOW. NOT GOOD, I think.
I think we should race tournaments with cars that are easy to drive, more forgiving. Then the racing will be cleaner.

With all this talk of getting bumped and punted, are guys not slowing down and letting the victim take their position back? If you attempt to overtake and the bump or punt is your fault, even if it is a complete accident, I thought it was part of the driving rules around here that you are obligated to let that driver retake his position, even if that means you have to fall to the end of the pack. Or maybe I missed something and that is not officially part of racing here. Maybe that needs to be a stated rule for the particular event?

I can't even count the number of times anymore that I've had an otherwise decent driver overtake me by bumping or outright punting through a turn, and then I watch from the kitty litter as he speeds of into the sunset. Guys, if you don't slow down after you take someone out, saying "sorry about that bump" after the race doesn't mean a whole lot.

Just one man's opinion...

Group 1 videos

In this race I made 1 mistake and since the competition was high that was all that it took to get me into Puntville. That'll teach me to stay focus.
Suzuka Race 1 GTP NTSC Tournament 1 Group 1

I will not raise hell for this, I will not! That's what I was thinking when this race took place. Race 2 of Group 1. Interesting race until "someone" decided that my tires were to hot and gave me a grass cool down. I really hope that "someone" at least apologize for it after anyone can see this blatant evidence. Just watch carefully my left mirror...
HSR Race 2 GTP NTSC Tournament 1 Group 1

Ok let me show you the race that never happened for some.
As you can read on previous post some of the field didn't even saw me on the race as some pictures show, I was there as my picture and video show, this resulted in me getting spun by a member that never saw me on that race. What happened? Server bug? A hole in an parallel universe? Did I raced BaldrKn bizarro, Ravenmaven bizarro, Redsunit bizarro, and L_Hamilton bizarro? :scared: :nervous: anyway here it is:
Daytona Race 3 GTP NTSC Tournament 1 Group 1

This was fun!!! and the reason I look forward to the next round of races!!! By far this is the most enjoyable video. Nice race.
Suzuka Race 4 GTP NTSC Tournament 1 Group 1

Thanks Earth for organizing this!

Well Digital Rely, I didn't give an inch to them myself, but I didn't bump and bang to get to front. Well I would have loved to see those rules @ HSR last night, but with 3 or 5 laps to get to the front that is just not realistic when the racing actutally matters. I will have to agree with larger bumps that take place, the ones that cause the driver to hit the wall or go off the track. I saw on instance where a GTP driver slowed up in turn 1 &2 to wait for their viticm to get back on the track. But at HSR there were no such acts. When I get the HSR Tournament Race up on my you tube (which is up loading as a speak.) then we can see that I am not crazy and didn't take myself out.

While I agree with big bumps on track, I don't agree with the small bumping a bang that sometimes occurs while passing. If you had to go to the rear or give the position back every time that happen in the tournament, then the postitions would be a lot different. For argument reason there just are not enough laps to race like that. Call me crazy, but I am not going to get upset about a small rub and neither is someone else. Its the big ones that makes people made. The bumps that make them loose a lot of time or go off the track..

Well Digital Rely, I didn't give an inch to them myself, but I didn't bump and bang to get to front. Well I would have loved to see those rules @ HSR last night, but with 3 or 5 laps to get to the front that is just not realistic when the racing actutally matters. I will have to agree with larger bumps that take place, the ones that cause the driver to hit the wall or go off the track. I saw on instance where a GTP driver slowed up in turn 1 &2 to wait for their viticm to get back on the track. But at HSR there were no such acts. When I get the HSR Tournament Race up on my you tube (which is up loading as a speak.) then we can see that I am not crazy and didn't take myself out.

While I agree with big bumps on track, I don't agree with the small bumping a bang that sometimes occurs while passing. If you had to go to the rear or give the position back every time that happen in the tournament, then the postitions would be a lot different. For argument reason there just are not enough laps to race like that. Call me crazy, but I am not going to get upset about a small rub and neither is someone else. Its the big ones that makes people made. The bumps that make them loose a lot of time or go off the track..

I believe that any time you initiate contact and cause someone to go slower and give yourself an advantage, you ought to give that driver his position back.

I don't think we're too far off from each other though. At the very least, contact rules should be well defined - either globally for all tourneys, or specific per tourney.

Look, I know there is going to be some incidental contact here and there. But I think anybody who has played this game for more than a week online knows when they have taken an unfair advantage by bumping through a turn. This isn't NASCAR and rubbing is not racing. Again, this is all my opinion, but this game is supposed to be a simulation. The vast majority of the bumps and punts I see would not be tolerated on a real race track. We ought to be racing our tourneys with the same mindset. It makes you a better driver in the long run when you have to anticipate what the guy in front and in back is going to do. Getting all amped up and diving into a turn too fast and accidently bumping a guy over so you can overtake and speed off is not realistic. You wouldn't do it in real life. Now, staying on the guy's tail and waiting for a clean spot to get by, or more likely, waiting for him to screw up so you can pass with no chance of contact makes for a more realistic experience and better racing in the long run. Of course this works better if they guy behind you is driving the same way. It sucks biding your time behind a slower car waiting for an opportunity only to have someone that's not paying attention send you into the sand because he didn't realize traffic had slowed down.

Racing like this may mean you run behind a good driver for 5 laps without an opportunity to make a clean pass. I see nothing wrong with that and I've had some of my best races running behind a good driver for the whole race. Did I have any opportunity pass? Maybe, but I'm not going to dive inside and take someone's line away just to make a risky pass. I'd finish 7th knowing I raced with respect for the other drivers than take a cheap 1st or 2nd with some "accidental" bumping along the way. People can rationalize and tell themselves it was only an accident, or it was just a slight bump, or I misjudged my braking point, or I thought I could get inside. You know if caused it, and you know if it resulted in you getting the advantage.

Anyway, that's the way I think tourneys and racing in general around here should be handled. If the host or the community decides that bumping is okay, I'll be fine with that, but let's just make it clear before the racing starts.

Respectfully,

DR

Ok let me show you the race that never happened for some.
As you can read on previous post some of the field didn't even saw me on the race as some pictures show, I was there as my picture and video show, this resulted in me getting spun by a member that never saw me on that race. What happened? Server bug? A hole in an parallel universe? Did I raced BaldrKn bizarro, Ravenmaven bizarro, Redsunit bizarro, and L_Hamilton bizarro?

Are you kidding me ? That was quite a hit you took there and believe me if I hit someone that hard I always stop and wait, and I would have seen your smoke and spin according to your video. I totally understand if you don't believe me but I never saw you there mate nor felt any contact, it looked like a sideways clash and that would have left me slipping aswell I think. The whole time I was fighting a 3 car race in my POV, and even the final lap times didn't even show you there. This has to be looked into, seriously. Could this be the reason after all for all the blatant punting and crashing you sometimes experience online ?? The other guy simply doesn't see you there ....

All I can say is that I am sorry it was my car that took you so hard out there, but it sure as h*** wasn't intentional nor did I see you there.... :indiff:

Are you kidding me ? That was quite a hit you took there and believe me if I hit someone that hard I always stop and wait, and I would have seen your smoke and spin according to your video. I totally understand if you don't believe me but I never saw you there mate nor felt any contact, it looked like a sideways clash and that would have left me slipping aswell I think. The whole time I was fighting a 3 car race in my POV, and even the final lap times didn't even show you there. This has to be looked into, seriously. Could this be the reason after all for all the blatant punting and crashing you sometimes experience online ?? The other guy simply doesn't see you there ....

All I can say is that I am sorry it was my car that took you so hard out there, but it sure as h*** wasn't intentional nor did I see you there.... :indiff:

Please don't get me wrong I never said I didn't believed you or questioned your intentions, as I said, I think that this is very strange surely a Server error, a mind blowing bug or something, not your fault. I'm sorry if my poor english skills have made you thought that I was mad at you or your driving.:guilty:

Ahhh good that we cleared the air there :)
My english skills are also limited, I probably misread you somewhere.

Do you know if we can submit some of our evidence to PD somewhere ? I have a screenshot, I think someone else had one, Ravenmaven I think, and you have your video... We have the time the race was helt, maybe they can trace this somehow and find a bug.... Codename: The Bizarro bug :)

Good video's Orange.👍

As for our "incident" at HSR...after I tried getting in behind Hamilton we made contact. I swung back out but by this time the #4 car (check your rear view mirror in the video) was right beside me and I became loose and lost it. Sorry guy.

Good video's Orange.👍

As for our "incident" at HSR...after I tried getting in behind Hamilton we made contact. I swung back out but by this time the #4 car (check your rear view mirror in the video) was right beside me and I became loose and lost it. Sorry guy.

No worries! Incidents happen I know, sadly for me, I got the ugliest end of the stick this time, but it is water under the bridge now. I wont lie, I got a little upset from it at the moment but I'm cool now. Thanks for the sorry 👍, it is appreciated. Hope to race you again sometime and not for retaliation. Good race. :)

Ahh..those vids were great..I barley escaped all those wrecks..

well i know i had a blast doing the tournaments even when i was getting banged around cuz it showed who could tune there cars and who had good driving skillz and who had both. but the 512BB should really show all that and then some. will definatly have to just go practice with the beast cuz ive only driven it once

great vids OR. Some bad luck in those races, but you look fast and will be a force to be recond with in the future tournies.

b

I believe that any time you initiate contact and cause someone to go slower and give yourself an advantage, you ought to give that driver his position back.

I don't think we're too far off from each other though. At the very least, contact rules should be well defined - either globally for all tourneys, or specific per tourney.

Look, I know there is going to be some incidental contact here and there. But I think anybody who has played this game for more than a week online knows when they have taken an unfair advantage by bumping through a turn. This isn't NASCAR and rubbing is not racing. Again, this is all my opinion, but this game is supposed to be a simulation. The vast majority of the bumps and punts I see would not be tolerated on a real race track. We ought to be racing our tourneys with the same mindset. It makes you a better driver in the long run when you have to anticipate what the guy in front and in back is going to do. Getting all amped up and diving into a turn too fast and accidently bumping a guy over so you can overtake and speed off is not realistic. You wouldn't do it in real life. Now, staying on the guy's tail and waiting for a clean spot to get by, or more likely, waiting for him to screw up so you can pass with no chance of contact makes for a more realistic experience and better racing in the long run. Of course this works better if they guy behind you is driving the same way. It sucks biding your time behind a slower car waiting for an opportunity only to have someone that's not paying attention send you into the sand because he didn't realize traffic had slowed down.

Racing like this may mean you run behind a good driver for 5 laps without an opportunity to make a clean pass. I see nothing wrong with that and I've had some of my best races running behind a good driver for the whole race. Did I have any opportunity pass? Maybe, but I'm not going to dive inside and take someone's line away just to make a risky pass. I'd finish 7th knowing I raced with respect for the other drivers than take a cheap 1st or 2nd with some "accidental" bumping along the way. People can rationalize and tell themselves it was only an accident, or it was just a slight bump, or I misjudged my braking point, or I thought I could get inside. You know if caused it, and you know if it resulted in you getting the advantage.

Anyway, that's the way I think tourneys and racing in general around here should be handled. If the host or the community decides that bumping is okay, I'll be fine with that, but let's just make it clear before the racing starts.

Respectfully,

DR

Hey man I love the mentality of your ethics. I race with a simlar ethic. I do believe what you believe: That is that you have no right to touch, rub, bump or ram anyone on the track. Even the smallest rub can ruin someones race. You don't know what that one bump could do later down the road. That mentality is all great, but as an expection I make for myself, in a 3 lap race, I have to haul balls. I do my best to be as clean as I possibly can out there, even if that means I wait a half a lap to pass someone. But in a 3 lap race I don't have much luxury to worry about a small rub. Now I do stop for a driver if I cause him or her a serious accident. But a small bump or small rub I don't.

Now when we get to choose a longer race with many more laps, thats when I will try never to touch anyone elses stuff.

The things that happened to me at High Speed Ring last night, was crap, and no one slowed down for me, even though they caused me large losses in race time. On the last lap, last turn I was in 4th place, when I came out I was sliding ways and in 6th place. Twice I was was bumped and when into the wall in turn 2 at high speed ring. No one stoped. No apologies. I don't know who did it, but all I know is I didn't imagine nor was I over driving my car.

The Ferrari 512BB can be a difficult car to master. Hard to set up right, and the tail comes around fairly easily. If you think the Clio races were sloppy, I think the F512BB races will be even sloppier. When you over drive the Ferrari, it will be all over the track. I've dominated some 600pp races with it, but then I was the only F512BB in the race, and had room to hang the tail out. A full field of 512BB's, WOW. NOT GOOD, I think.
I think we should race tournaments with cars that are easy to drive, more forgiving. Then the racing will be cleaner.

I love the fact that we are going to use the F512BB. It is a very hard car to drive. I know I have tried to drive it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr94Fsac7cI That video was recorded when I was using the game pad, now I have 100% more control over the cars and I am NOW FINALLY competitive at Suzuka. With the F512BB there is a lot of control you have to put enthuses on. I think this car will show the men from the boys.

I don't think it should be easy. I think the tournament should be for more
Intermediate driver and expert drivers.

Group TWO: Race Videos
from GTP_CWR's point of view
Race one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5DETfx__iQ
Race two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaRhkqAbq3M
Race three: My Camara Died so I only have 2 mins of this race.
Race four: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTPnyq8mLBw

The first post is updated with the unofficial results of Tournament #1

The results are unofficial because I will give 5 points to anyone who got put into another race with no GTP members. Results become official if I don't hear anything by Friday when I post the next tournament thread.

Also added a primitive record book, I like stat keeping, and the record book will get much more complex and deeper then what it is now in later tournaments.

As I've said before there will be alot of changes for the better to the second tournament. So I hope everyone will be back

Back