NTSC Championship S1 - Round 1 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 136 comments

Which car do you want to use for the next tournament

• 500pp Honda Integra

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 600pp Ferrari F512bb

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • 750pp Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The first post is updated with the unofficial results of Tournament #1

The results are unofficial because I will give 5 points to anyone who got put into another race with no GTP members. Results become official if I don't hear anything by Friday when I post the next tournament thread.

Also added a primitive record book, I like stat keeping, and the record book will get much more complex and deeper then what it is now in later tournaments.

As I've said before there will be alot of changes for the better to the second tournament. So I hope everyone will be back

read the first post and so i understand to keep my spot for next week i just gotta post here that i will be there? if so heres my post stating yes i will.

First let me thank Earth for spending his valuable time to set up these tournies. That being said, I'm in for the next race.

b

...As I've said before there will be alot of changes for the better to the second tournament. So I hope everyone will be back

I'll surely be back! And thanks again for organizing this tournament, oh and stat keeping! 👍

So I am guessing that for this event there is not a set point value for those who missed a race because they got stuck in a different room??

I went out for a test run in the F512BB today, boy oh boy I don't know how I am going to pass people with this car, I am too busy trying to keep it from wrecking. Maybe I will get it to tune right...or not..

In case you are wondering how to keep the car from spinning out in turn one and two..In order to maintain a sane speed through one and two at Suzuka you need to keep the throttle at around 10-20% threw the entire corner. :)

Thank you Earth for putting the time into this Tournament. I would be happy to be the official record keeper for any group I run in. I know that will help you out. Count me in for the next one..

So I am guessing that for this event there is not a set point value for those who missed a race because they got stuck in a different room??

I added a rule just now to give those who missed a race because they got stuck in a different room will receive 5 points. This rule will stay for the next tournament as well

Were you stuck in a different room? If so you get 5 points

CWR
I went out for a test run in the F512BB today, boy oh boy I don't know how I am going to pass people with this car, I am too busy trying to keep it from wrecking. Maybe I will get it to tune right...or not..

In case you are wondering how to keep the car from spinning out in turn one and two..In order to maintain a sane speed through one and two at Suzuka you need to keep the throttle at around 10-20% threw the entire corner.

Thank you Earth for putting the time into this Tournament. I would be happy to be the official record keeper for any group I run in. I know that will help you out. Count me in for the next one..

The 512BB is pretty tough, I get burned every time I try and push it hard.

Thanks for helping with record keeping, I copy/pasted the stats you posted into the first post.

I added a rule just now to give those who missed a race because they got stuck in a different room will receive 5 points. This rule will stay for the next tournament as well

The 512BB is pretty tough, I get burned every time I try and push it hard.

Thanks for helping with record keeping, I copy/pasted the stats you posted into the first post.

No problem on the stats thing. I will record every race. So why not keep record :D

Yeah, well first I took it to online, where I trying to stay with the field.. First time I spun a lot, the second race I got faster by tuning what I needed and the 3rd race I was keeping race pace. But you are right, if I try to push it any more than 90% the backend starts coming out. I will have to learn how to anticipate the under and oversteer in the car so I can get my 10% more out of it. BTW, when I got the wheel, I turned all aids off..ABS 1 though. So I am in the same boat..:D

In case you are wondering how to keep the car from spinning out in turn one and two..In order to maintain a sane speed through one and two at Suzuka you need to keep the throttle at around 10-20% threw the entire corner. :)

I was running it out there on Suzuka tonight too. It's not quite as bad as I remember it being. I didn't win any races tonight, but I finished third a few times and felt like I could be competitive. PM me if you want to compare setups. I'm far from an expert at tuning, but two heads might be better than one. :sly:

I was running it out there on Suzuka tonight too. It's not quite as bad as I remember it being. I didn't win any races tonight, but I finished third a few times and felt like I could be competitive. PM me if you want to compare setups. I'm far from an expert at tuning, but two heads might be better than one. :sly:

lol That all depends on if you are running in the tournament next week. lol Just kidding, when I get a setup where I feel I can be competitive then I would love to share with you, until then. I have a few more aces up my sleeve with tuning.

Yes two heads are better than one.

Yeah, I was in a different room with two non-GTP players... I was :ouch: :banghead: frustrated... but I raced those two guys, and finished in first (This was on HSR), but they both sucked... :indiff: It was weird cause I even started the race the same time everyone else did...

Is this rule retro-active for the first tournament race? If so, I got stuck hosting the Daytona race (group 2) and all the GTP guys got disconnected. They went on to re-start another Daytona race. I was host for the 1st race and didn't get disconnected, so I went 5 laps with 2 non-GTP guys. I didn't want to disconnect as host. So I missed Daytona. Do I get 5 points?

And I want to add my "THANKS Earth" for taking the time to set this up.

And I'm in for the next one...with the 512BB Ferrari:scared:

VentureDenny and RedSunit both received 5 points for getting pushed into another group despite being at the race on time.

This changed the groups up just a bit, if anyone else was put into another race just let me know to get your 5 points.

VentureDenny and RedSunit both received 5 points for getting pushed into another group despite being at the race on time.

This changed the groups up just a bit, if anyone else was put into another race just let me know to get your 5 points.

Nothing against the guys that didnt make it. And I am sure it will happen to me on race, but I think 5 points is a bit too much. If you do the math right, you can miss 2 races and get 2nd and 3rd place the other two races and still be in the points.

Does anyone else think this?

I think something like 3 points is more appropreiate.

I know its not their fault that they were put in another race, but the fact is they are not racing their group competitors and they doin't deserve to get 4th place finishing points. Its too much. But you could miss all 4 races and still have a good points day. lol

Nothing against the guys that didnt make it. And I am sure it will happen to me on race, but I think 5 points is a bit too much. If you do the math right, you can miss 2 races and get 2nd and 3rd place the other two races and still be in the points.

Does anyone else think this?

I think something like 3 points is more appropreiate.

I know its not their fault that they were put in another race, but the fact is they are not racing their group competitors and they doin't deserve to get 4th place finishing points. Its too much. But you could miss all 4 races and still have a good points day. lol
Yeah I agree with CWR...5 points is a bit too much. 3 points would about right. A consolation prize for trying. Even though I am one who would receive 5 points, I don't want to make the accomplishments of the racers who actually raced, sort of worth less by moving me up 5 points.

OK the consolation prize is now 3 points. I change the final points around and it doesn't change the groups, thankfully

Back