NTSC Championship S1 - Round 2 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 108 comments

What car do you want to use for the next tournament

• 500pp Honda Integra

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 600pp Audi R8

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 750pp Chevrolet Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
512bb.jpg

Ferrari 512BB @ 600pp expert

The Schedule for Group A:

Tuesday, May 27th
Race 1 - 8:30pm est - High Speed Ring
Race 2 - 8:45pm est - Fuji F
Race 3 - 9:00pm est - Fuji F
Race 4 - 9:15pm est - Suzuka
Race 5 - 9:30pm est - Suzuka

The Schedule for Group B:

Tuesday, May 27th
Race 1 - 8:40pm est - High Speed Ring
Race 2 - 8:55pm est - Suzuka
Race 3 - 9:10pm est - Suzuka
Race 4 - 9:25pm est - Fuji F
Race 5 - 9:40pm est - Fuji F

The Group Key:
(open) = Available slot in a group. The next highest ranked driver from the lower group will take this slot when he confirms particpation
(pending) = Saved slot in group. Waiting for reponse from driver on whether or not he will participate in this particular tournament. If no response or declines then the next driver in line is given the slot the day before the tournament when the groups are finialized.
(A name) = slot is taken by a confirmed driver

Group A:
  • GTP_Cudadude
  • GTP_CWR
  • RedSuinit
  • BaldurKn
  • KumaBar
  • GTP_phantom
  • GTP_L_Hamilton

Group B:
  • NapoleanMikey
  • GTP_Earth
  • GTP_DigitalRelay
  • GTP_Spyhunter
  • GTP_Dbo129
  • GTP_SaNTee
  • GTP_bbcnascar2

The Rules

(1) - You must set your PP to no lower then 595. Other then that you are allowed to tune the car anyway you wish

(2) - First place gets 10 points, second 7, third 6, fourth 5, fifth 4, and sixth 3 and seventh 2. Points are not determined by your finishing position overall, but by your finishing position according to other GTP members. So you can win and get 10 points even if you finish 3rd, as long as there is no GTP members ahead of you.

(3) - If the host quits the race then that race is cancelled. Wait for the next one. Do not try and restart the race as my not have enough time to finish it and make it to the next race on time.

(4) - If you get put into another group with no GTP racers then you will be awarded 5 points. If there is at least 1 GTP member in your group then points are rewarded normally.

(5) - Whoever accumulates the most points over the 5 races is the champion. Tie breaker goes to who won the most.

The drivers are grouped according to their performance in each tournament.

After each tournament this is how it will go:

Say group A runs their 5 races and the points look like this:

Driver A - 39
Driver B - 38
Driver C - 36
Driver D - 35
Driver E - 35
Driver F - 34
Driver G - 25

Say group B runs their 5 races and the points look like this:

Driver H - 36
Driver I - 32
Driver J - 30
Driver K - 26
Driver L - 15
Driver M - 11

Drivers H and I would move up into group A and drivers F and G would move down into group B because those were the lowest and highest scoring drivers. This goes down through all the groups, top 2 drivers move up, bottom 2 move down.

Newcomers will be added to the bottom group and they will have to work themselves up from there.

(6) - At the end of the race just write down your finishing position compared to the other GTP members. If you finish up front use the extra time to write down the finishing position of the others to ensure everything is recorded in case they don't see the results.

Group A Race Results

Race ONE: High Speed Ring

1. GTP_CWR
2. GTP_L_Hamilton
3. GTP_CudaDude
4. RedSuinit
5. KumaBar
6. GTP_phantom

Race TWO: Fuji F

0. GTP_CWR
0. GTP_L_Hamilton
0. GTP_CudaDude
0. RedSuinit
0. KumaBar
0. GTP_phantom

Race THREE: Fuji F

1. GTP_CudaDude
2. GTP_L_Hamilton
3. RedSuinit
4. KumaBar
5. GTP_CWR
6. GTP_phantom

Race FOUR: Suzuka

1. GTP_L_Hamilton
2. GTP_CWR
3. KumaBar
4. GTP_phantom
0. RedSuinit
0. GTP_CudaDude

Race FIVE: Suzuka

0. GTP_CWR
0. GTP_L_Hamilton
0. CudaDude
0. RedSuinit
0. KumaBar
0. GTP_phantom

Official Points Standings for Group A

36 - GTP_L_Hamilton
33 - GTP_CWR
31 - GTP_CudaDude
29 - RedSunit
27 - KumaBar
23 - GTP_phantom

Group B Race Results

Race ONE: Suzuka

1. GTP_Dbo129
2. GTP_bbcnascar2
3. GTP_DigitalRelay
4. NapoleanMikey
5. GTP_Earth

Race TWO: Suzuka

1. GTP_DigitalRelay
2. GTP_Dbo129
3. NapoleonMikey
4. GTP_Earth
5. GTP_bbcnascar2

Race THREE: Suzuka

0. GTP_DigitalRelay
0. GTP_Dbo129
0. NapoleonMikey
0. GTP_Earth
0. GTP_bbcnascar2

Race FOUR: Fuji

1. GTP_DigitalRelay
2. NapoleonMikey
3. GTP_Dbo129
4. bbcNascar2

Race FIVE: Fuji

1. GTP_DigitalRelay
2. GTP_bbcnascar2
3. NapoleanMikey

Official Points Standings for Group B

41 - GTP_DigitalRelay
29 - GTP_Dbo129
29 - NapoleanMikey
28 - GTP_bbcnascar2
12 - GTP_Earth

RECORD BOOK

Wins
5 - GTP_CudaDude
3 - GTP_DigitalRelay
3 - GTP_Ravenman
2 - GTP_L_Hamilton
1 - GTP_CWR
1 - GTP_Dbo129

Podiums
6 - GTP_CudaDude
5 - GTP_L_Hamilton
5 - GTP_Dbo129
4 - GTP_DigitalRelay
4 - GTP_CWR
4 - GTP_Ravenman
4 - NapoleanMikey
3 - GTP_bbcnascar2
3 - BaldurKn
3 - RedSuinit
2 - KumaBar
1 - SpyHunter
1 - GTP_phantom

Total Points Scored in NTSC Tournaments
71 - GTP_CudaDude
57 - GTP_L_Hamilton
56 - GTP_CWR
50 - RedSunit
49 - KumaBar
46 - NapoleanMikey
45 - GTP_bbcnascar2
44 - GTP_Dbo129
42 - GTP_phantom
41 - GTP_DigitalRelay
37 - GTP Ravenman
22 - BaldurKn
12 - SpyHunter
12 - GTP_Earth

I know I posted in the other thread, but I want to make it official and follow the rules.

I am in: Chadwicksracing (DF GT)

wow after looking at the new events and seeing that you can only use S2 i have a bad feeling about my racing this week. guess ill be doing alot of practicing this week to get ready. off to go practice

count me in!!! This is going to be tough as crap though it WILL be sloppy that BB is one tough back end to keep in check :)

Great! As Chadwicksracing said I'm posting here to follow the rules.
Count me in!
Tire restriction and a BB would be fun!
I'm feeling dizzy already! LOL

I have never driven the 512 and I hear it is a beast to handle and then they slap a S2 restriction on us :)

I'll try not to be in your way hehehe.

Hi,
Let me first thank Earth for setting up these tournaments and every body that helps with video and stat/finish orders.Thank You.:cheers:

Put me in please,GTP_bbcnascar2 MOMO Wheel

Dude I am trying so hard to tune this thing and all I got to say is DANG! :scared: this thing is a beast with a REALLY loose back end (especially with S2 TIRES!) This is going to be a messy tourney... :mischievous:

Dude I am trying so hard to tune this thing and all I got to say is DANG! :scared: this thing is a beast with a REALLY loose back end (especially with S2 TIRES!) This is going to be a messy tourney... :mischievous:

Yeah, I can see trouble ahead. I've been tuning and practicing. That Ferrari is all over the track, very hard to keep straight. I think I'll just be in everyone's way. That is if I don't accidentally slide into someone (likely).:crazy: This car makes it very difficult to be "polite".👎
I even had to turn on TC to 1 and ABS to 3. Still squirrely as hell. Any tuning tips? I haven't been able to get 3 good laps in a row.

I have the car somewhat tamed. However, I see a potential problem after taking the 512 and and EVO out back to back. Any other racers in the same race are going to be.... interesting to deal with. Especially if we start out in the front. I was MUCH quicker in the EVO through the corners. I mean it was silly. And could brake much later, as well. I have a feeling it will be punt city if there are a bunch of non-GTP racers there.

I love the idea of running the Ferrari. It is a blast to drive, and takes some skill (patients) to drive well. But I think we might be setting ourselves up for failure by taking it out to a race where we know it will be slower then other cars available.

Just my $.02 I am still down, though. :D

after 2 days of trying to get a handle on the 512, I'm expecting carnage in a truely spectacularly hilarius amount! It might just become a lottery finish, more luck than skill. But I hope not.

b

after 2 days of trying to get a handle on the 512, I'm expecting carnage in a truely spectacularly hilarius amount! It might just become a lottery finish, more luck than skill. But I hope not.

b

Unfortunately, in a nutshell, ^^^^^^^^Its inevitable :scared::crazy::ouch::grumpy:..lol

Yes, miss a couple of inches on braking points and you'll be eating gravel! LOL
Nice practice don't you think DR? hehehe

Yes, miss a couple of inches on braking points and you'll be eating gravel! LOL
Nice practice don't you think DR? hehehe

Yes, that was fun, but I had enough driving on ice this winter, so I'm off to Eiger for some low speed fun for awhile.

I had to laugh when I saw us both with 595 pp.

You had that last race. I went in too fast through 130R(?) and was lucky to not spin out. Good racing with you!

Hey guys,

I am getting concerned about the level of competition we are going to have in the race. I have read and talked to a few of the guys and we all say the same thing. The F512BB is hard to control and is on edge every turn. We are all pretty good at this game, and if none of us are having a lot of luck with the car then maybe we should switch. I don't think that there is going to be any racing..its just going to be who can keep it from spinning out the longest. Not to mention a punter is very dangerous, even more so than before. The slightest tap and this car gets upset. I am doing every thing in my skill range to keep the car straight, but with the amount of lifting I have to do and counter steering, its just not a good car to drive in competition. I am too worried about keeping the car straight than passing anyone.

The car would have been just fine to drive if we didnt have a tire restriction. I was able to control the massive over and understeer the car has. But now..NO

I guess what I am trying to say is, I am no good at driving this car.

Your thoughts?

Well, yesturday i would've been inclined to agree with you but after having put some good number of hours and laps under my belt i found that there is a way to set up the BB to drive fairly decently. In fact using it last nite in several online races against Subies, evos and nxs's i found it to be fairly competitve at both Fuji and Suz. Its true that anyone wanting to punt the 512 need only sneeze out the window towards it, but that will be the same for everyone. So I say just keep practicing and a decent set up will present itself.
We are GTP_, We are the best! rah rah rah, ;-)

b

Latest Posts

Back