NTSC Championship S1 - Round 2 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 108 comments

What car do you want to use for the next tournament

• 500pp Honda Integra

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 600pp Audi R8

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 750pp Chevrolet Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I will do the scoring..

Group 1

Race ONE: HSR
p1. CWR - 10
p2. L_Hamilton - 7
p3. Cudadude - 6
p4. Redsuinit - 5
p5. Kumabar - 4
p6. VentureDenny -3
p7. BaldurKn(DNS) - 0

Race TWO: Fuji F
NO RACE - Host Disconnected.

Race THREE: Fuji F
p1. Cudadude - 10
p2. L_Hamilton - 7
p3. RedSuinit - 6
p4. Kumabar - 5
p5. CWR - 4
p6. Venturedenny - 3
p7. BaldurKn(DNS) - 0

Race FOUR: Suzuka
p1. L_Hamilton - 10
p2. CWR - 7
p3. Kumabar - 6
p4. Venturedenny - 5
p5. Redsuinit(Missed Race) - 3
p6. Cudadude (Missed Race)- 3
p7. BaldurKn(DNS) - 0

Race FIVE: Suzuka
NO RACE - Host Disconnected.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG:

FINAL SCORING: T2
p1. L_Hamilton - 24
p2. CWR - 21
p3. Cudadude - 19
p4. Redsuinit - 15
p4. Kumabar - 15
p5. VentureDenny -11
p6. BaldurKn(DNS) - 0

OVERALL SCORING: Group one only..don't have G2 finishes..

P1. 59 - CudaDude
P2. 45 - GTP_L_Hamilton
P3. 44 - Chadwicksracing
P4. 37 - GTP Ravenman
P5. 37 - KumaBar
P6. 36 - RedSunit
P7. 30 - VentureDenny
P8. 22 - BaldurKn
------------No T2 Scoring yet!
17 - bbcnascar2
17 - NapoleanMikey
15 - Dbo129
12 - SpyHunter

I thought it was 5 pnts. for involuntary disconnects.

The Audi R8 races are going to be STELLAR! Just ran 2'17.84sec lap on suzuka, :D man this car can HANDLE! I smoked a lancer evo X is the esses so bad!

I thought it was 5 pnts. for involuntary disconnects.

Yeah you are right, its in the rules. But I thought it was 3 points, at least last week it was.. As myself and few others thought 5 points was a bit too much for missing a race. In essense you finished 3rd if you missed a race. I will leave it currenly until Earth posts the final scores on page one.

Until then consider yourself having 2 extra points.

Bummed I couldn't make it. Wife wanted to watch the second part of Andromeda Strain, and we only have the one TV. :( Spent a good deal of time setting that 512 up too. Oh well.

Yeah you are right, its in the rules. But I thought it was 3 points, at least last week it was.. As myself and few others thought 5 points was a bit too much for missing a race. In essense you finished 3rd if you missed a race. I will leave it currenly until Earth posts the final scores on page one.

Until then consider yourself having 2 extra points.

you are right about it being 3 points. the last post made in the previous tournament thread, earth stated that he changed the ruling to only 3 points instead of 5.

Well that sucks... 3 is not enough... It's not my fault that I got disconnected, I would have much rather raced than get disconnected, but if it's the rules then it's the rules...

you are right about it being 3 points. the last post made in the previous tournament thread, earth stated that he changed the ruling to only 3 points instead of 5.

So what you're saying is that every one who was "entered' from Group A will get an extra overall 6 points ( for the 2 races disconnected)? It won't make any difference in the places for group A if we all get the same "bonus", but it might affect the overall places in the tournament. Also for group B missed one race disconnected.

remember UNOFFICIAL OVERALL SCORING

P1. 59 - CudaDude
P2. 45 - GTP_L_Hamilton
P3. 44 - Chadwicksracing
P4. 41 - Dbo129
P4. 41 - NapoleanMikey
P5. 39 - bbcnascar
P6. 37 - Ravenman2
P6. 37 - KumaBar
P7. 36 - DigitalRelay
P8. 35 - RedSunit
P9. 30 - VentureDenny
P10. 22 - BaldurKn
P11. 17 - Earth
P12. 12 - Spyhunter
P13. -- SaNtee

Again UNOFFICIAL. If I made a mistake I let me know and I will fix it. Other wise Earth should have all this posted by the end of the day.

So what you're saying is that every one who was "entered' from Group A will get an extra overall 6 points ( for the 2 races disconnected)? It won't make any difference in the places for group A if we all get the same "bonus", but it might affect the overall places in the tournament. Also for group B missed one race disconnected.

no i didnt say that i just confirmed that it was 3 points. like i said in my post reporting the unofficial results for group 2

NapoleonMikey
also something needs to be decided if all 4 races will be counted seeing as group 1 only ran 3 races

remember UNOFFICIAL OVERALL SCORING

P1. 59 - CudaDude
P2. 45 - GTP_L_Hamilton
P3. 44 - Chadwicksracing
P4. 41 - Dbo129
P4. 41 - NapoleanMikey
P5. 39 - bbcnascar
P6. 37 - Ravenman2
P6. 37 - KumaBar
P7. 36 - DigitalRelay
P8. 35 - RedSunit
P9. 30 - VentureDenny
P10. 22 - BaldurKn
P11. 17 - Earth
P12. 12 - Spyhunter
P13. -- SaNtee

Again UNOFFICIAL. If I made a mistake I let me know and I will fix it. Other wise Earth should have all this posted by the end of the day.

Right on,, up to second in the points!..Hope I win the Championship..:sly: CudaDude is gonna be hard to beat..

Right on,, up to second in the points!..Hope I win the Championship..:sly: CudaDude is gonna be hard to beat..

dont worry rookie you will blow it in the last few races like some other driver that goes by the name lewis hamilton :lol: jk

but 5th i like that position its right there in the middle where i dont look like a threat but at the same time i could swipe the lead at any moment. just gotta lay low until the moment to make my move :sly:

Originally Posted by L_Hamilton
Right on,, up to second in the points!..Hope I win the Championship.. CudaDude is gonna be hard to beat..

Naa, i did lose 1 race i started...
(-;

b

no i didnt say that i just confirmed that it was 3 points. like i said in my post reporting the unofficial results for group 2

I guess I used the wrong words in that post. The question should be to Earth...the original intent of the bonus points was to give a player some points if he was sent to another race without the GTP guys. But what should happen when the entire race is disconnected? Group A had 2 disconnects, so those guys only get total overall points for 3 races. While the group B guys got in 4 races, they get more overall tournament points. Should everybody get some bonus points when a disconnect happens?

Or maybe we're all taking this WAY too seriously. It should be fun, friendly competition, not worrying about the scores so much.
Again, thank you Earth for organising this tournament.

i guess if the whole race gets blown up, everyone would get the 3. Personally, i'd rather rather race for my points, but i think earth has come up with the best possible plan.

b

Originally Posted by L_Hamilton
Right on,, up to second in the points!..Hope I win the Championship.. CudaDude is gonna be hard to beat..

Naa, i did lose 1 race i started...
(-;

b

LOL...:dopey:

Last night became a nightmare for me that got worst and worst.

First race I make it, but I have no sound. So I have to race with no sound. Then right from the get go my pedals are acting up, its the usual I can only get 90% gas and after repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting the pedals DURING the race it still acts up. Then the brake pedal starts to fail randomly. I enter the esses in the middle of the HSR track and just go straight into the wall and crash at least 2 times which costs me big time.

At Suzuka I'm running last at the start of lap 2 because of some mysterious force in nature I missed spoon corner, maybe it was the pedals. Going into turn 1 lap 2 I pass someone outside of GTP going into the first turn, I slightly nudge him but he doesn't go off and stays right on my tail. On the short straight after the double right hander he pulls along side me and feels what I did to him was so bad I deserve to crash so he jerks the wheel towards me and takes us both out. I limp the car home.

I try to join the second Suzuka race but I am put into another group and then I get disconnected.

So I move to Fuji and start running practice laps, and then with 1 minute to go until the start I look at the modem and there is only one light on. I try to reset it even though its too late to make the first Fuji race and it won't reset. I turn on the TV and the cable is gone. Everything. I call the cable guy and he says they're working on it.

Fuji #2 start time goes by and nothing. I go to the movie theater and watchy Indy and come back in the early mourning and still nothing.

Now I am here.

Now after looking through the posts I see more controversies, especially with how to deal with one group missing a race and another not and how that affects overall points.

I'll update this post in a bit with the solution to this, and I'll update the first post with the results.

Here is my take on things.

In motor sports most racing leagues run every race, even if it takes a week. In Nascar for example, if it rains Sunday they run it on Monday. If it rains on Monday they run it on Tuesday. So with that said, I think that any race we do miss(as in host problems) durning a tournament should be raced after we finish the last race on the schedule.

Anyone (just one, not the group) that is present for the tournament and misses the race her or she was suppose to be in should be awarded 3 points just for showing up. I don't believe that if they meet up with another GTP member they should get their full points. I think straight out, if you miss a race you get your 3 points.

If the group misses a race, we run the race after the last scheduled event. This way the points even out.

-------

Earth I am sorry you had such a hard time..I was looking forward to racing you in group 1..

Here is my take on things.

In motor sports most racing leagues run every race, even if it takes a week. In Nascar for example, if it rains Sunday they run it on Monday. If it rains on Monday they run it on Tuesday. So with that said, I think that any race we do miss(as in host problems) durning a tournament should be raced after we finish the last race on the schedule.
Here's a suggestion regarding that...have contingency races scheduled. The schedule should have, maybe 2 or 3 start times scheduled, after the last real race is scheduled. Time but no location. That way, let's say race #2 is a disconnect, everyone racing will know to go to the location of race #2 at the first contigency time. If race #2 and race #5 are disconnects, we go to race #2 location at the first contigency time, and race #5 location at the second contigency time.
And if it's a really bad night, postpone the times to the next night.

After reading GTP_phantom and CWR's posts I've decided on the following

- For this and ONLY this tournament Group A drivers who had their race ruined by a quitters will receive 6 points each for that race. Group B drivers will receive 5 each.

That is an even distribution for the amount of drivers who showed up and the points that were on the line.

- It's too late to rerun the races that were ruint in Tournament # 2

- For the next tournament there will be times set for 2 make up races in case a quitter or lag ruined any of the 5 tournament races.

Check the first post for final standings

Back