NTSC Championship S1 - Round 2 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 108 comments

What car do you want to use for the next tournament

• 500pp Honda Integra

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 600pp Audi R8

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 750pp Chevrolet Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was running my 512 setup at Suzuka last night, and found it competitive in all but the esses, where I had to run a good 10 mph slower than the pack. I would let people by at my earliest opportunity, and then catch them again on all the straights.

Running at Fuji, I was contending or leading every race.

It definitely takes a light touch on the throttle on all the corners.

ive actualy gotten pretty decent with the 512BB. as long as i dont do anything stupid like making over aggressive pass attempts and just wait for an opportunity to present itself (which im sure it will) i have no problem in fact i was leading for half a race in the 512 until someone finnaly got impatient for a clean pass and forced his way thru

The car is like a beast! But pretty enjoyable. Surely this will train me for gaining positions by out driving my rivals not just trying (and hoping) to make a bold, clean, spectacular pass. As Cuda said we are GTP members, we fear nothing! :) What if I fail and come in last, I would have tried when others wouldn't. :sly:

The only problem I see is that Suzuka is raced twice, and it's the one where the car (or me) is less strong and the mayority of people enters on Evos and Scubbies. Other races are less populated and the speed of the car shines!

The car can be controled, just remember to never ______ the ______ on _ or __ gear. Did you think that I would said that out loud. LOL

Entry list updated, I can't believe I overlooked some drivers. They are in now.

Again sad news, I've removed my name from Group B, I'm not even 50% sure I can make the race, but if I can you will see me appear in one of the groups. This is very discouraging. At this pace I may end up being just a race director and not a racer too.

I hope you can make it Earth! I'm in GTP_Dbo129. These races will sure be interesting, but fun I'm sure. Good luck everyone!

Sorry guys I had to widthdraw my name too, my wheel broke. I am going to replace it today before the race, but I will be at the race all night and working all day monday, So I won't be able to practice for the tournament. I might be in the tournament, but as a observer..just to keep track of the times.. ;) (That means I will park the car on the side of the track)

Good luck guys.

Sorry guys I had to widthdraw my name too, my wheel broke. I am going to replace it today before the race, but I will be at the race all night and working all day monday, So I won't be able to practice for the tournament. I might be in the tournament, but as a observer..just to keep track of the times.. ;) (That means I will park the car on the side of the track)

Good luck guys.

I know i'm not involved in this, but you could be a camera car, ya know, use the bumper view and an easy to drive car that can match pace with the guys. Then you can record the whole race from a different perspective. :)

I know i'm not involved in this, but you could be a camera car, ya know, use the bumper view and an easy to drive car that can match pace with the guys. Then you can record the whole race from a different perspective. :)

I would love to do that man, but there would be a lot of controlversy about what if things. Like what if I wasn't there and what if they didn't have to pass me and what if i bumped someone..

Its not a good idea, so I won't..Strictly a record keeper.

EDIT: Just got my replacement wheel..However still will not be participating. Thanks

That Ferrari 512BB with the S2 tires is going o be tough!! Trying to find grip, I have a feeling its going to be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. I might as well apologize in advance for running into other, well let me rephrase that....slide into other racers. As well I anticipate getting slid into myself by other racers. I'm sure this will be alot of fun. :nervous:

Man, the thing is tomorrow. Gotta find a pack happy tune. Time Trials are great but, when you throw a hand full of guys on the track that tune goes out the window.

I have to cancel my participation, I will work tomorrow :ouch:

Sorry

PSN: Pepin_21

No problem, but I will fill your spot as I'm now 80% sure I can make the Group B races.

I don't like the physics of S2 tires on this car, it feels like you're driving during a torrental downpour, it's way too hard.

Also, for the next tournament the poll will feature either 3 500pp or 3 750pp cars to ensure we get variety, because I don't want this to become a 600pp only tournament.

No problem, but I will fill your spot as I'm now 80% sure I can make the Group B races.

I don't like the physics of S2 tires on this car, it feels like you're driving during a torrental downpour, it's way too hard.

Also, for the next tournament the poll will feature either 3 500pp or 3 750pp cars to ensure we get variety, because I don't want this to become a 600pp only tournament.

I would like to be reinstated into the the tournament.. I got my replacement wheel and I did practice enough I think..so I would like to be in the tournament.

Its a points race and I need to get as many as possible for the championship.

With CWR's entry there are now 7 drivers in Group A and B.

Group C is not needed and has been deleted.

The entries and times are now set in stone. Nothing will be changed.

Start making time for the races

Thanks for letting me back in. You understand my concerns with my wheel, but it all seems fine to me..Since its a points race and I am currently 3rd overall..I need to be in it. lol Regardless if I had enough practice or not. lol

And great I was put with the big boys.. darn..lol

What are the rules in regards to actual driving? Four wheels on the track at all times? Two wheels on the track at all times? Acceptable contact with other cars? What to do in the event of breaking any of these rules?

What are the rules in regards to actual driving? Four wheels on the track at all times? Two wheels on the track at all times? Acceptable contact with other cars? What to do in the event of breaking any of these rules?

Just be a good GTP racer. If you spin someone out and it's 100% your fault and not a racing incident do what a GTP racer would do and wait for him to rejoin.

Of course a good GTP racer won't wall surf, use others as brakes etc etc. The penalty system will take care of course cutting. But if you see anyone not being a good GTP racer, report them and they may take a points penalty.

Just be a good GTP racer. If you spin someone out and it's 100% your fault and not a racing incident do what a GTP racer would do and wait for him to rejoin.

Of course a good GTP racer won't wall surf, use others as brakes etc etc. The penalty system will take care of course cutting. But if you see anyone not being a good GTP racer, report them and they may take a points penalty.

Sounds good, Earth. I'm really looking forward to this tonight. I practiced on Fuji and Suzuka last night and got bumped and punted all over the place. Watch your back, guys. Hopefully, with 5, 6 or 7 of us in a race together, things will be a much cleaner. Good luck everyone!

Update: I just saw this thread over at the PlayStation Forums:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=granturismo&thread.id=347771

I ran into (no pun intended) many of these guys last night. Mostly clean driving, but it could be a concern for our event if we're shooting to get 7 of us on Fuji at the same time these guys are running. Their event was supposed to have been run last Sunday night, but they also list dates of May 26 through June 1, and speaking from experience last night, there were at least half a dozen of them running in most of the races I ran at Fuji.

DR

Unless the guys that I am racing suck..I am doing well with the car right now in practice. I have it @ PP595 and it works like a charm. The car is fast. A lot faster than most running in PP600

I will share my setup with you if you want.

Yeah. Stretching the legs in my 512 right now..Pretty sturdy in HSR..

Best of luck to you all tonight. I'd be there if I could!

I had an idea for races going forward: assign PP tuning values based on current standing. Racers at the bottom of the current standings receive the maximum value; each spot up receives one fewer PP for their tune. New racers all start with maximum PP.

This would have two effects:
1) Races would have a set start order ("fastest" to "slowest")
2) A built in handicap system (above and beyond the boost)

Best of luck to you all tonight. I'd be there if I could!

I had an idea for races going forward: assign PP tuning values based on current standing. Racers at the bottom of the current standings receive the maximum value; each spot up receives one fewer PP for their tune. New racers all start with maximum PP.

This would have two effects:
1) Races would have a set start order ("fastest" to "slowest")
2) A built in handicap system (above and beyond the boost)

That is an excellent idea, I have been pondering it myself.

I was thinking about the winner of each race losing 1 or more pp so he started last for the next race and so on for each race winner during a particular tournament.

Keep bringing in the good ideas

I have an update on the PS Forums event conflict. I communicated with many of the members over there involved in their event at 600PP Fuji with the GTR. They seem to be pretty cooperative in coordinating race start times. I will get on their TeamSpeak server at race time, or as close to it as possible. My girls go to bed around 8:30 EDT, so I may be a little late. I have suggested that they plan on starting their races on the "2's" and "7's" on the minute. IE 8:32, 8:37, 8:42, 8:47, etc. That will hopefully give us enough of a buffer to get into our races at 8:30, 8:35, 8:40, etc.

I have an update on the PS Forums event conflict. I communicated with many of the members over there involved in their event at 600PP Fuji with the GTR. They seem to be pretty cooperative in coordinating race start times. I will get on their TeamSpeak server at race time, or as close to it as possible. My girls go to bed around 8:30 EDT, so I may be a little late. I have suggested that they plan on starting their races on the "2's" and "7's" on the minute. IE 8:32, 8:37, 8:42, 8:47, etc. That will hopefully give us enough of a buffer to get into our races at 8:30, 8:35, 8:40, etc.

Thanks for trying to clear that up.

Are they going to be racing every Tuesday night?

I am so sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. I'm still stuck at work here, I honest thought I would be done by now but it is looking like an all niter here I am afraid :(

Wish I could have let you know sooner but this just came up at the last minute :( My bad.

Thanks for trying to clear that up.

Are they going to be racing every Tuesday night?

From what I gather, they are doing a weekly event on Sunday nights, but their group likes to run together all week long before hand. They all communicate on a TeamSpeak server.

I am so sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. I'm still stuck at work here, I honest thought I would be done by now but it is looking like an all niter here I am afraid :(

Wish I could have let you know sooner but this just came up at the last minute :( My bad.

No sweat, this is just for fun and will be run every week

Hope to see you next Tuesday

From what I gather, they are doing a weekly event on Sunday nights, but their group likes to run together all week long before hand. They all communicate on a TeamSpeak server.

Well tuning 5pp less should keep us starting ahead of them and if they start racing with us then we just race.

To all Group B racers: I have had almost no practice at HSR and I will do my best to stay out of your way. My goal is just to finish. Just in case you want to pass and don't know if I'll block or not - I won't.

EDIT: I have a little snag here. I tried to get on TeamSpeak to coordinate with the PS Forum guys, but the damn application keeps crashing and I cannot communicate with them in real time. I posted another message on their forums asking that they start races on the 2's and 7's. Hopefully this works. I'll try to get TeamSpeak working again asap, but there is just not enough time to do it now. In fact, it's time to put my girls to bed. I'm hoping to be back in time for HSR. If not, I'll be on for race 2.

DR

Back