NTSC Championship S1 - Round 3 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 137 comments

What Car Do You Want To Use For The Next Tournament

• 750pp Chevrolet Corvette C6 Tuned

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • 750pp Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 750pp Amuse Honda S2000 Tuned

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious about some of the time you guys are running. The best I can pump out right now online is about 2'19.xx (suzuka) when in the lead, and with no other times to compare it too, I have no idea if this is good or bad :indiff:

Luke

Just curious about some of the time you guys are running. The best I can pump out right now online is about 2'19.xx (suzuka) when in the lead, and with no other times to compare it too, I have no idea if this is good or bad :indiff:

I'm not in the event but I turned 2'19.xxx with a quick tuning (couldn't catch a Subaru though) The stock set up is fast at Suzuka...like it was made for the track. Low 2'17.xxx at HSR.

Oh. hey Eric. I'm glad it turns out to be you. I'd hate to think that there was another person out there with that kind of pace!

b

Thanks, but it's clear, you the man! I'd truly like to be doing some racing on Tuesdays, but I've got training in the afternoon/evening, for now. So, I'm just kinda following along with the cars and tracks. Someday soon.

I'm not in the event but I turned 2'19.xxx with a quick tuning (couldn't catch a Subaru though) The stock set up is fast at Suzuka...like it was made for the track. Low 2'17.xxx at HSR.

GRRRRR :mad: I thought I was doing great maybe even .5 sec or so faster than most, and I have been tuning and tuning trying to get it just right...

Luke

Ran a couple of high 2'18's at Suzuka, but in the free run mode. Not sure what I was getting when running Div.

BTW, that was some really fun racing. He would kill me down the straight in his f430, but I would catch up in the twisty bits. :D Very, very fun racing.

Ran up against slicecom at Fuji. That was a pretty good time as well. But there were alot more people running there. Good racing, as always, slice!

Ran a couple of high 2'18's at Suzuka, but in the free run mode. Not sure what I was getting when running Div.

BTW, that was some really fun racing. He would kill me down the straight in his f430, but I would catch up in the twisty bits. :D Very, very fun racing.

Ran up against slicecom at Fuji. That was a pretty good time as well. But there were alot more people running there. Good racing, as always, slice!

Crap... in free run mode 2'19.132 is the fastest I have ever ran in this car... :grumpy: The fastest I have ever done online is a 2'19.988 (while in front, not very far in front though, I was like 3 sec ahead almost the entire lap against a scooby) but that is when I was pushing it like crazy and didn't care if I ran off track and ended up in last. :lol: Spy will you try my setup and tell me what kind of times you run in it? That way I will at least know if I need to work on my setup, or driving. :) If you will then I'll PM you my setup.

Luke

Hey Earth,

To put the fire out on some confusion I think you need to change the wording of the allowed Preformance Points (PP) in competion.

It says now: "(1) - You must set your PP to no lower then 595. Other then that you are allowed to tune the car anyway you wish"

I have heard many say the way it is worded to be confusing. Some people don't know if it means you can tune down to no lower than 595 or if it means you have to have PP595.

Well i think you should change the wording to YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CAR TUNED TO PP595 or you will be DQ'ed from the event.

Thanks

The rule was intended to allow you to tune the car between 595 - 600, but I'll take your advice and clear it up, thanks for the headsup

Oh, so if we didn't have to have it tuned to PP595, then I am much prefer to have it at PP600. Really man, its something that is up to you, since you are the host of the tournament. Its just some people were confused about it, wheather it had to be PP595 or if it was between.

Its still your choice.

Either way, clearing it up will make some people happy, as they won't be confused no more.

I had it 5 less then the limit because some guys didn't like having to fight their way through the hacks, so 5 less should ensure we all start up front

I had it 5 less then the limit because some guys didn't like having to fight their way through the hacks, so 5 less should ensure we all start up front

Spot on, good idea, and it worked quite well with the F512BB, but the R8 needs as much power as you can give it. lol

Are you going to practice today?

I am currently watcing the Nascar race, but after that I would be happy to meet at any track for R8 Practice.

Spot on, good idea, and it worked quite well with the F512BB, but the R8 needs as much power as you can give it. lol

Are you going to practice today?

I am currently watcing the Nascar race, but after that I would be happy to meet at any track for R8 Practice.

Exactly what I was thinking, I wanted to practice with you guys after the NASCAR race but I couldn't get into the new chat room for some reason to talk to you about it

When do you want to start (sometime after cup AND IRL race hehe), where, and do we restart immediately or wait every 15 minutes Type up a quick schedule or something and i Will follow it

I think it would be a good idea to have official practices time and dates setup for the tournament every week

Hi,
If a race starts then gets disconnected (right from the start) are we waiting to make up that race or try to connect again?

Hi,
If a race starts then gets disconnected (right from the start) are we waiting to make up that race or try to connect again?

It's in the first post, There are two time scheduled to make up races where the host disconnects. :sly:

Luke

It's in the first post, There are two time scheduled to make up races where the host disconnects. :sly:

I have read the rules I'm just like to clarify that when a race starts and it diconnect's before the green drops cant we just restart,or wait for the make up races?
Thak you

I have read the rules I'm just like to clarify that when a race starts and it diconnect's before the green drops cant we just restart,or wait for the make up races?
Thak you

I just re-read the rules, it must have been in another post. Sorry about that, but don't just hit start again, wait until the make up times that are scheduled. :)

Luke

RedSuinit is right, just wait for the makeup races. If GT5P or the PS3 supported in game voice chat this wouldn't be a problem but it is with the current setup so its best to stay safe and wait for the makeup times

Notice I reduced the number of tournament races to 5

I have so many ideas in my head for race events but I have to focus on this Tournament first, then i can move on to the race events so I reduced the number of races to 5 so I can get to new race events faster.

I already know what the first event will be, I've wanted to run this event in GT5P for over a year now...I think everyone will like it, PAL too.

Or should I run it side by side with the NTSC Tournament?

But back to this tournament yes there will be official practices for #4 and #5.

Practice has helped me tune the car and find the optimum racing line. It's so much funner practicing with real people then just sitting there driving around the track in free run mode by yourself

another good day of practicing with Vanos, Noah, and Wonderwiley. Thanx for breaking out your R8's and having fun.

b

Can I get clarification on the passing rules? Are we using the Formula 1 method where the guy in front gets one move to defend his position, or are we using the pick your line and stick to it rule?

i alway will go in one direction only. if i'm on the far right, i'll only go left do defend, and then only on the last strait of the last lap.

Can I get clarification on the passing rules? Are we using the Formula 1 method where the guy in front gets one move to defend his position, or are we using the pick your line and stick to it rule?

One move to block and thats it. No swerving

And drivers, be careful trying to pass in the technical corners of Fuji

You have to pull out real wide and then cut in to run the fastest, and it may be tempting to dive to the inside of them and force them to let you have the line, but in my case I keep turning in on cars who dive bomb me because I simply can't see them.

If you're not right on a guy's tale don't try and pass them in the technical section toward the end of the track. I've seen too many cars including myself get taken out there.

My best in freerun is 2:17.8:sly:

Thanks Vanos. What's everyone's else's times on the tracks?

I'm running... um... 💡

2:35s in Suzuka
2:10s in Fuji
1:10s in HSR

Yeah... that's about right.

My last post was sort of a joke, but now you made feel bad. So here's my actual times in free run.

HSR: 1:16s
Suzuka: 2:17s
Fuji: 1:52s

Back