NTSC GT4 - 982 Car Garage - (1st Post new d/l Links, cbs or ps2) Mar. 20th, 2011

• Thread starter GrumpEone
  • 91 comments
United States
Rochester, MI
GrumpEone
I have created a Garage in Gran Turismo 4, that contains much nicer color options, than just using the 'Full Garage" Code, All Cars have 0.0 Miles. Also, included in this Garage is the Black Beauties (Formula, 787B, R92CP, GT-ONE, R390 GT1, & NSX-R Prototype LM), all in beautiful Black.

In addition, all of the Cars have HP Power Ratings (unlike if you just use the Full Garage Code), so you can sort the garage by HP. Also all of these cars have not been Upgraded, and are just Base Power. This Save works very well for PMC competitions.

982-02.jpg

982-01.jpg

Saves can be downloaded @:
Download link for cbs save @ Megaupload (Codebreaker v9)

Download Link for ps2 save @ Megaupload
(Gameshark v5 - the newer version of GS)

If you do not have a Codebreaker, you can convert the file using
PS2SaveBuilder located @: \/ \/ \/
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?lid=74&op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle=PS2_Save_Builder

All I ask in return, is a simple post in this thread, with opinions, comments, suggestions.

PS3 friendly version follow the link in quoted: (Although the PS3 version doesn't have all the updated stats)

GrumpEone has expanded his garage to 982 cars!

http://www.filefront.com/14419149/GT4-982cars-PS3-NTSC-GrumpEone.rar

This is a "PS3 Friendly" NTSC GT4 gamesave archived in a .rar format, which needs to be extracted; right click to "extract".
Once extracted, copy the "PS3" folder as is to a clean SD or USB thumbdrive on your computer. Using a clean storage media will avoid confusion. The directory path of this file is: PS3\EXPORT\PSV\data file.

Use the PS3's utility to create a Virtual Memory Card and once you've inserted your storage media back into your PS3, copy it to the VMC you just created.

To avoid any further confusion, I created a specific Virtual PS2 Memory Card on my PS3 for this prized gamesave.

If you find the link dead, please let me know and I will be glad to upload it. Finally, please post some Photo Mode shots.

"DuckyVirus" on the US Playstation Forums converted this.

Last edited:
Well done, I hope people will take note of your hard work and get some cars that people want. Maybe you should put a link in your sig as well, let people know what and where you've done.👍

Well done, I hope people will take note of your hard work and get some cars that people want. Maybe you should put a link in your sig as well, let people know what and where you've done.👍

EDIT: Thanks (forgot to say that)

Good Idea; I figure I put a lot of time putting the garage together, why not let everyone else enjoy it.

EDIT: any Requests for the next Update?? (and before you say all the Formula's I still don't have the white one.

He knows, but you don't get a choice of colours with that, this one has better and/or rarer colours.

So every car in this save is 0 mile, except for the Beat and the (used) black cars? That sounds like a killer save file, if only to buy cars from for a main save file. It makes me wish I had some sort of PC-to-PS2 save transferring device.

there is a Full Garage code

Yes, and the Full Garage code only takes the first available Color as default.
Download and see the difference, no Black Beauties in the Full Garage Code either.

So every car in this save is 0 mile, except for the Beat and the (used) black cars? That sounds like a killer save file, if only to buy cars from for a main save file. It makes me wish I had some sort of PC-to-PS2 save transferring device.

Yes, Very "Killer". Get yourself a codebreaker, or Action Replay MAX, you won't regret it! ($20 only, around here in MI)

He knows, but you don't get a choice of colours with that, this one has better and/or rarer colours.
Thanks for fielding that one.

If you liked the Garage Before, You'll have to check out the update in a day or so, finally got all 11 Formula Colors, all 17 Speed 12 Colors, and so far 8 RX-7 LM RC Colors. Also the NSX-R Proto. Road Car in Silver, White, and Black. Oh yeah, and all the VW Cup Cars (Lupo, Lupo GTI, & Bug). Still a work in progress, but up to 831 Cars now.

Hmm, you see I'm not personally really into to getting the rare colours that much plus I already have the black beauties. Not to mention I don't have the stuff to get that kind of data transfer, but I do appreciate what you've done and I hope others can make good use of it. 👍

sounds like a hellova lot of work GrumpEone I'm up around 960 cars right now, so the thing that really interests me here are the formula 1 colors. After all one can only race 'that' race so many times. Unfortunately I have no CB or ARMax though I might get AR to transfer video files. Is there no way to copy this data onto the ps3? I do have the USB memory card reader. . .

how can i make the download on the ar max code? becaurse i will have the nsx-r lm concept in black. and the othercars too.

ps. sorry that my english isn`t so good, because i´m from germany

how can i make the download on the ar max code? becaurse i will have the nsx-r lm concept in black. and the othercars too.

ps. sorry that my english isn`t so good, because i´m from germany

Actually you need either an ARMAX (with USB Drive Support), or a Codebreaker (with USB drive support), or some other way to transfer a save from your computer to your PS2.

Are you just concentrating on race cars or including road cars too on this Grumpe??

I'll give you one anyway. Your FTO Super Touring Car, I have it in Red. ;)

Mafs!!

Are you just concentrating on race cars or including road cars too on this Grumpe??

I'll give you one anyway. Your FTO Super Touring Car, I have it in Red. ;)

Mafs!!

Right now, I'm tring to get most of the 'Win Only' Race Cars, in all colors. But I did get all the Colors (17) of the Speed 12 for the next update. Most of the Road Cars you can just buy.

My next update has it in only 4 colors of the FTO, Grey, Blue, Green, & Yellow. There's a Red one, well I guess I'll have to zip through a few more endurence races.

Now 840 Cars

I have created a Garage in Gran Turismo 4, that contains much nicer color options, than just using the 'Full Garage" Code. All Cars have 0.0 Miles, except the '93 Beat Version Z (has aroung 40K something) Also, included in this Garage are the Black Beauties (Formula, 787B, R92CP, GT-ONE, R390 GT1, & NSX-R Prototype LM), all in beautiful Black.

In addition, all of the Cars have HP Power Ratings (unlike if you just use the Full Garage Code), so you can sort the garage by HP. Also all of these cars have not been Upgraded, and are just Base Power. This Save works very well for PMC competitions.

Also, the following are contained in this Garage:

• Formula Gran Turismo (in all 11 colors)
  • Speed 12 (in Chameleon (Special Color) and the other 16 Colors)
  • Playstation Pescarolo C60/ Judd Race Car (in both Red & Green Sub-colors)
  • Pescarolo Courage C60/ Peugeot Race Car (in both Red & Green Sub-colors)
  • Audi R8 Race Car (both Red & Yellow Sub-colors)
  • NSX-R Prototype LM (in Black, White, & Silver colors)
  • Mazda RX-7 LM (in all 8 colors)
  • FTO Super Touring (in all 7 colors)
  • Integra Type R Touring (in 3 colors)
  • Acura DN-X (in both Red & White colors)
  • S2000 LM (in 3 colors)
  • 350Z GT Limited (Z33) (in 2 Colors)
  • mm-R Cup Car (in 12 colors)
  • Motor Triathlon (in both 7 colors)
  • New Beatle Cup Car (in 8 colors)
  • Lupo GTI Cup Car (in 6 colors)
  • Lupo Cup Car (in 6 colors)
  • GSX-R/4 (in 7 colors)
  • RSC (in 4 colors)
  • Motor Sport Elise (in 8 colors)
  • Seven Fire Blade (in 12 colors)

The Savegame file is located @ \/ \/ \/ and is in .cbs (codebreaker save) format.
Link Died, not enough people downloaded it.

If you do not have a Codebreaker, you can convert the file using
PS2SaveBuilder located @: \/ \/ \/
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?lid=74&op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle=PS2_Save_Builder

All I ask in return, is a simple post in this thread, with opinions, comments, suggestions, or any cars I missed or should include in the next update.
I have had 3 d/l's and only 1 comment.

Also, when I get more cars/ colors, I will update the garage![/QUOTE]

That is quite a list of cars there GrumpEone.

IMO: I would add the Zonda LM car into the frey. The R89cp (I think that's the name of it) would be a nice addition too. It would allow the people that can't beat mission 34 a chance to drive it. Actualy any of the cars from the mission hall would be a good addition.

I'm not a big fan of the Motor Triathlon car. They are pretty easy to win in the 4WD hall.

That is quite a list of cars there GrumpEone.

IMO: I would add the Zonda LM car into the frey. The R89cp (I think that's the name of it) would be a nice addition too. It would allow the people that can't beat mission 34 a chance to drive it. Actualy any of the cars from the mission hall would be a good addition.

I'm not a big fan of the Motor Triathlon car. They are pretty easy to win in the 4WD hall.

The '01 Pagani Zonda LM Race Car and the '92 Nissan R92CP Race Car (Black Beauty) are in that garage too. I didn't list every car, I'd be typing all day...lol
I think I have every model on that save, any of the listed cars, are cars I have in more than one color.

I DL'ed your save before the update (what did you do, anyway? I can't tell...), and I totally love it! The cars are all there, and in the more tasteful colours available. Excellent!

Also, I took an MR-S rallying in arcade mode on your save, with interesting results. I'll try to post pictures soon.

Finally: I've entered the 'max money' code on the file of your garage, and I'm thinking about loading it up with a few tunes that I've found here and fallen in love with. Would it be threadjacking if I eventually posted it here, or would you consider it a help? I wouldn't want to offend you in any way.

I DL'ed your save before the update (what did you do, anyway? I can't tell...), and I totally love it! The cars are all there, and in the more tasteful colours available. Excellent!

Also, I took an MR-S rallying in arcade mode on your save, with interesting results. I'll try to post pictures soon.

Finally: I've entered the 'max money' code on the file of your garage, and I'm thinking about loading it up with a few tunes that I've found here and fallen in love with. Would it be threadjacking if I eventually posted it here, or would you consider it a help? I wouldn't want to offend you in any way.

Also, I think I won all the Licenses on the update.

Very Useful for Photomode!! Feel free to post a link to your additions.

Also, I would like to build a power upgrade guide spreadsheet, like I did for GT3 ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99714 )
But I don't have the time to do it, if it ever got built it would have to be a collabrative effort. But it would make an excellent hybridding guide, to find the most powerful setup.

I loaded the game save to my memory card, uncrushed it and started the game. GT4 starts with no game save present. Could this be a PAL/NTSC problem (I have PAL)? I used AR Max to copy and uncrush the file.
In the PS2 browser it appears with the correct file size and symbol.

I loaded the game save to my memory card, uncrushed it and started the game. GT4 starts with no game save present. Could this be a PAL/NTSC problem (I have PAL)? I used AR Max to copy and uncrush the file.
In the PS2 browser it appears with the correct file size and symbol.

NTSC, here; I really didn't think the saves would be setup different, I'll check around to see if there is a way to convert it.

I noticed though that you mentiond 'Un-Crush', now I am not all that familiar with the ARMAX, but it sounds as if you compressed the file. With the codebreaker, some gamesaves end up corrupted when you compress them. You may want to, (if possible) not crush the file, if crushing is the same compressing.

I tried both the original file after converting it with the software mentioned in this thread as well as the uncrushed (uncompressed). After the conversion my PS2 browser showed it as a ARMax file. After uncompressing it, it showed up as a normal GT4 save. Also there was a difference in file size after the conversion. Maybe I will try some other formats given in the software.

Hm..i have both an ARMax and the GameShark 5.4 (but couldn't get a Codebreaker, and am locked out because of automatic password change)

ARMax automatically "crushes" a gamesave or other files.

I'm looking for a gamesave that has a TRUE "all vehicle" set...including in Arcade mode.

German Wunderkind: I remember having exactly the same problem when unknowingly trying to put PAL hybrid files on my NTSC setup. I'm pretty sure that's the problem here.

If you can figure out how to convert the identity of the save, then (a) show me how you did it, because (b) your problem is solved.

I'm still drooling over that 170 hp motorcarriage...

I do not know how to seperate between PAL and NTSC file. But I found a code for AR Max (PAL) which freezes your money count. It has been around named "All cars free" but actually whatever you do in the game (buy or sell or win races) your money count does not change.
In addition to that it also allows you to buy prize cars in the respective dealer area (e.g. you can buy a Toyota RSC or the black LeMans cars with 0 miles).
It might take some time to buy all the cars and I will not get used cars with 0 miles but let's not be greedy here.

@ EA11R: I converted the game save with the software (PS2 save builder) mentioned in the first post in this thread ("save file as.."). The original one was not recognized by AR Max. You can choose in which format the file will be saved. There are .cbs, .pws, .max, . npo, .sps, .mg, .p2m, .xps. I am not sure you can convert a file in any format you want.

I've seen no remaining code converters between either reigons (PAL/NTSC) or devices (AR/Codebreaker/Gameshark) that have NOT been removed from the net for some sort of software infringement violation. otherwise, if we could find a pal/ntsc and cheat device converters, we would have no problem with some codes.

the problem with PAL and NTSC is that the memory locations in the different regional versions are all in different spots.

Hey Guys, Is there a way or any way to get this save in normal save. Dont have a device just a normal PS3.
Thanks for the work you are doing.

I've seen no remaining code converters between either reigons (PAL/NTSC) or devices (AR/Codebreaker/Gameshark) that have NOT been removed from the net for some sort of software infringement violation. otherwise, if we could find a pal/ntsc and cheat device converters, we would have no problem with some codes.

the problem with PAL and NTSC is that the memory locations in the different regional versions are all in different spots.

What do you mean by that? The only useful (and the best) converters that you'd want are PS2 save builder and maxconvert v0.71, and they're certainly available everywhere. Or maybe you work one of those companies (Datel, Pelican, Mad Catz) and are trying to stop us from violating your patents :D

Converting codes between different regions is another matter all together. A calculator or maybe even a spreadsheet program with hex support is the most suitable tool for that.

What do you mean by that? The only useful (and the best) converters that you'd want are PS2 save builder and maxconvert v0.71, and they're certainly available everywhere. Or maybe you work one of those companies (Datel, Pelican, Mad Catz) and are trying to stop us from violating your patents :D

Converting codes between different regions is another matter all together. A calculator or maybe even a spreadsheet program with hex support is the most suitable tool for that.

1. when I did searches online, most of the resuts came up, after investigation, with "page removed"...and a couple have actually said they've been issued a cease and desist.
2. if I was working for a video game company, I sure wouldn't be HERE, now, would I? I'd be over in europe with my parner or buried in a computer, trying to IMPROVE some of these aftermarket peripherals.
3. I grab no programs that aren't free or shareware, and then I only use a shareware program untill it cuts me off. I don't pay licence fees or renewals because of the potential for identity theft, it takes too long to GET there (they call it snail mail for a reason!) , and I was raised to be a bit cheap.

Such an impressive thread, nearly dead because there's not much to continually say about it. It's a shame, really. Thus, I shall not disguise it:

*Bump*

(Also, I'm DLing the new version of the save with 840 cars)

EDIT: Bummer, link's dead.

Back