NTSC GT4 - 982 Car Garage - (1st Post new d/l Links, cbs or ps2) Mar. 20th, 2011

• Thread starter GrumpEone
  • 91 comments
Nobody can for GT4. It's too large to post for it to be "PS3 friendly."

However, there is a PS3 friendly GT3 game save that can be found here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89773

Are you saying the GT4 gamesave is too large in general or this particular save is too large? How can it be too large to fit on a simulated 8MB PS2 memory card on the PS3? I have a GT4 PS3 gamesave that I got from here, but it only has a couple of hundred cars.

How To Share PS3 Game Saves: UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD YOUR PS3/PS2/PSOne GAME SAVES HERE!

Are you saying the GT4 gamesave is too large in general or this particular save is too large? How can it be too large to fit on a simulated 8MB PS2 memory card on the PS3? I have a GT4 PS3 gamesave that I got from here, but it only has a couple of hundred cars.

How To Share PS3 Game Saves: UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD YOUR PS3/PS2/PSOne GAME SAVES HERE!

You're looking for a 'PS3 Friendly' version. It cannot be done here at GTPlanet because of the file size limit. Storage space of the PS3 Virtual Memory Card has nothing to do with it.

The file size limit here at GTP is too small for not most but all PS3 friendly GT4 game saves. However, you can ask a friend or download the zip GT4 games saves with you PC, uncompress and then unlock it and then move it over to the PS3.

You're looking for a 'PS3 Friendly' version. It cannot be done here at GTPlanet because of the file size limit. Storage space of the PS3 Virtual Memory Card has nothing to do with it.

The file size limit here at GTP is too small for not most but all PS3 friendly GT4 game saves. However, you can ask a friend or download the zip GT4 games saves with you PC, uncompress and then unlock it and then move it over to the PS3.

Ok, since you're in the know, would you mind uploading it here: http://megaupload.com/ so we can all enjoy it? I was not expecting it to be uploaded here to GTPlanet as an attachment, like a picture file. Believe me, I already know about the PS3's required directory path. PS3\EXPORT (not SAVEDATA because that's where PS3 data goes\data.

GrumpEone has expanded his garage to 982 cars!

http://www.filefront.com/14419149/GT4-982cars-PS3-NTSC-GrumpEone.rar

This is a "PS3 Friendly" NTSC GT4 gamesave archived in a .rar format, which needs to be extracted; right click to "extract".
Once extracted, copy the "PS3" folder as is to a clean SD or USB thumbdrive on your computer. Using a clean storage media will avoid confusion. The directory path of this file is: PS3\EXPORT\PSV\data file.

Use the PS3's utility to create a Virtual Memory Card and once you've inserted your storage media back into your PS3, copy it to the VMC you just created.

To avoid any further confusion, I created a specific Virtual PS2 Memory Card on my PS3 for this prized gamesave.

If you find the link dead, please let me know and I will be glad to upload it. Finally, please post some Photo Mode shots.

"DuckyVirus" on the US Playstation Forums converted this.

As it happens, ive had 1000 cars in my garage - but i keep it down to about 990 now, just so i can always get more. And btw, ive got 3 of each black racer - and black f1 car. :D

hey solid thanks for the download that you shared awhile back.

right now im frustrated as ****, i know people have bitched about B-Spec mode for the longest time, but for me it has finally come full circle.

on my way to maxing out my bspec points i decided to see just how skilled my driver was as racing other Lemans/group C cars @ La Sarthe II 24hr with an '04 pescarolo (touted the best lemans car in the game) NOT. and boy was i not only annoyed, angry and disappointed im left here sitting why the hell did i wait this long for gt5. (basically the final straw that broke the camels back x10)

my bspec stats are:

i know they arent high at all but in some B-spec'd races i couldnt even pass the first guy in front of me (5th place guy). WTF!

so back to why i have to thank you again. your save has a bspec driver at
100!

naturally im thinking ok i can finally race your pescarolo (you had an '04 also, but changed it to stock horsepower settings with suspension tweaks from GTvault)
to my surprise, im stuck racing 3 4 5 place cars and never really catching up to 1-2 (sauber mercedes and forgot the other car).
so i added the stage 3 turbo giving your used pescarolo 889hp and thinking finally my driver can take 1st place by the end of 3 lap at the latest... WRONG ****EN WRONG.
now im thinking 3 things.
1: why did i wait for gt5 and why the hell im i still playing gt4 on a ps3?
2: maybe the pescarolo isnt a good car to be b-spec and is a POS?
3: maybe i should just resort to getting the biggest turbo or switch to an f1 car...

but at this point i want to crush my gt4 disc with a hammer to encourage me to get an xbox to fulfill my racing/car needs.

sorry for my long rant.

btw i downloaded grumpeones garage, finally!

Due to recent interest, anyone who wants this save just send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send it to you. It makes for a great PhotoMode Competition resource, which is why I created it.

Also enter some Photomode Competitions here: Photomode Competitions

Anyone know of a good no BS file-hosting site where I can make this NTSC save available:

982-02.jpg

982-01.jpg

Right now I have it saved in .ps2 and .cbs formats (but the .ps2 didn't like the changed icon, so only the .cbs has the changed icon)

Last edited:
GrumpEone
Anyone know of a good no BS file-hosting site where I can make this NTSC save available:

Right now I have it saved in .ps2 and .cbs formats (but the .ps2 didn't like the changed icon, so only the .cbs has the changed icon)

Try FileFront or MegaUploads?

Pleased to report the .PS2 save works great.

Except for the boring normal icon.

Thanks for confirming!

Also the first post in this thread, has both links, plus the PS3 friendly version

Last edited:
I'm going to transfer this updated version to my PS3 (the one I have on it now is the far older version, back when the car number was in the 700s), so I'll post a link when I get it done.

I'm going to transfer this updated version to my PS3 (the one I have on it now is the far older version, back when the car number was in the 700s), so I'll post a link when I get it done.

Cool, thanks. When you post the link I'll update the 1st post with it too.

Hey Grump, few years ago I hosted yours and Z's saves Here in a permanent link. If you want any updated version of your game save in this permanent link, you can contact me. Thanks for this cool save!

GLadius

It Is A Real shame that this does not seem to be in a PAL format. Unfortunately I have never been any good with programs like Save Builder etc etc etc so I couldn't convert this even if I wanted. I think this would've been cool so I could have put it onto another memory card and had like my own car dealer, who could get any car with 0 miles on in my casual palythrough I'm doing. Oh well I can dream. sounds like a great save though.

Greetings from the North-East of England. :D Toon Army :DDD

Never done or said this before, not even sure if I would say this here but

*Bump*

Nice gamesave- I'm trying to build an garage with full 100% and with all cars with every single colour.
Hey there just thought if you get it done shoot me a PM please because Your Portuguese version should work for me as it will be PAL European. :)

Thanks. My game is PAL version, too.
Ah good if you want then, I can upload Gran Turismo 3 I have every winnable car and all of the Broken in cars in their colours, same for the winnables, so say for instance the Mazda RX-7 Race Car I have it in Blue Silver Black Green Etc. so if ever you want them... Remember me and thanks again. :)

Ah good if you want then, I can upload Gran Turismo 3 I have every winnable car and all of the Broken in cars in their colours, same for the winnables, so say for instance the Mazda RX-7 Race Car I have it in Blue Silver Black Green Etc. so if ever you want them... Remember me and thanks again. :)
Cool. 👍

If anyone has a save for a pal version with every car unlocked in Arcade Mode - i'm interested. I play mainly arcade mode so it would be great. (I used to collect cars just to have them in arcade, I don't have many race and concept cars)

If anyone has a save for a pal version with every car unlocked in Arcade Mode - i'm interested. I play mainly arcade mode so it would be great. (I used to collect cars just to have them in arcade, I don't have many race and concept cars)

sorry to reply to an old post (again) but if you want check my thread all cars/colours, there I have uploaded saves for every single car and colour for gran turismo 3 and I am in the process of doing it for GT4 as well :)

anyone know of a GT4 save editor, basically, I want to just give myself loads of credits at the start of a new game, thanks
Game Shark and Action Replay Max; might be difficult tracking down a copy though.

Getting lots of cash early in the game without cheat codes is really pretty easy, though.

Back