Nurburgring 24h/4h should be accessible for the casual players!

  • Thread starter Thread starter digitalic
  • 114 comments
  • 8,585 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how obnoxious that sounds?
God.

You get the same thing on every game-related forum on the internet. There's a small but loud minority of gamers who need to shout about their superiority in video games because they think it's actually important in some way. The irony is that they're rarely the ones who actually excel at those games - those players, in my experience, rarely seem to bother with boasting.
 
All you need is golds in the intermediate AMG driving school. The track is dry and the gold times are not too low, they are achievable for anybody with a little practice. The "casual" players shouldn't be complaining. If they want the drive on the Nordschleife, they will need to improve and graduate from being "casuals". "Casuals" shouldn't be on the ring in the first place, it isn't a casual course.

Actually it is a track for casual driver, there's many people going there each days that arent professional driver but just casual driver that want ot test out a bit the limit of there cars.

That's what all about Nordschleife, been there already with a friend in a M3 and some others guys and we were all far from beeing "pro" driver.
 
and if I'm not mistaken, all them "pros" were once casual drivers at one point.
 
Dude anyone who cries about some stupid gold should reconsider 24 friggin hours dude you playin' the wrong game man.
 
Last edited:
Dude anyone why cryes about some stupid gold shud reconsider 24 friggin hours dude you playin the wrong game man.

Pardon?
 
Dude anyone why cryes about some stupid gold shud reconsider 24 friggin hours dude you playin the wrong game man.

Maybe you should consider on learning how to type properly and respect others in a civilized manner. Nobody is crying here. I'm just expressing my opinion on something that I feel strongly about. Grow up a little bit.
 
People should have to 'gold' a typing test before 'unlocking' a forum :indiff:
 
I think this thread is only going one way, shame really as it highlights a key area.
 
What a nice total lack of respect for lesser skilled GT fans.

"It' easy" "Its not hard" Well for some of us its not that easy... It was easy for some of you good, that does not mean its easy for anyone. If it were that easy there would only be Gold and no Bronze or Silver. I can probably unlock it but the effort and time VS reward isnt worth it. I'd like to do hot laps for fun not try to set world records. Unlocking tracks this way is silly in modern gaming.
 
I think its the right descision. If someone playing the game can't drive at a decent race pace around the Nurburgring then how on earth is that person supposed to race a 24hr/4hr race on the track? Bear in mind that the 24hr version includes night, and the Nurburgring at night is a totally different experience.

That said, it would make sense for the layout of the 24hr track to be available in arcade mode, and you would just not be able to race the 24hr race unless you gold the relevant special event.
 
I think its the right descision. If someone playing the game can't drive at a decent race pace around the Nurburgring then how on earth is that person supposed to race a 24hr/4hr race on the track? Bear in mind that the 24hr version includes night, and the Nurburgring at night is a totally different experience.

That said, it would make sense for the layout of the 24hr track to be available in arcade mode, and you would just not be able to race the 24hr race unless you gold the relevant special event.
 
Unlocking tracks this way is silly in modern gaming.

QFT 👍
GT5 does quite a few of those silly things, though, in my opinion.
 
Great, so with a little bit of "practice" I will win GT Academy! Poppycock!!! I'm a silver to bronze driver. Locking tracks like this is BS. GT4 didn't have tracks locked to the special events. Did it? Memory recalls, they unlocked during the natural progression of racing events. And did so pretty early.

Please put a language warning on that video post.
 
But all gold on the AMG Intermediate is not an easy task at all. Silver is within many people's grasp but gold is tough.

Agreed. I have turned hundreds of laps on this track in a number of different games. Yeah I have silver on every one of the tests but golds continue to elude me. This is one of my favourite tracks and I know it quite well but it is by no means easy to get golds on.
 
I can't really focus on enjoying the game, because most of the time I'm trying to either grind so that i can unlock things and progress in the game or repeatedly attempt these Special Events to unlock things. It's a very tedious and boring process, and may I add very frustrating as well.

Like others have suggested, a natural progression unlock would've been a much better choice for tracks such as Nurburgring. But with the way PD has implemented it, I'm guessing that only a select few will only be able to access these 2 variations of the track. Oh well, I'll keep trying. I am far away from even reaching silver, doubt I will ever get gold in each and every event. Just really wish I had more time to waste or else I wouldn't mind trying so much.
 
you realize there are suggestion threads about this. if you can't unlock nurburgring 24h you don't deserve to play it.
 
I managed gold in the first stage of the course on beginner and intermediate. But its difficult to do this on all 4 stages PLUS keep it up at that desperate pace for a full lap with traffic on the circuit too:/
 
I agree. I have some friends that are trying to get into this game (because of me) and they are having a hard time to have fun. getting a bronze is also a challenge for them and unlocking cars, buying them and leveling up is just not worth to them because they will have to grind a lot.
 
s32
you realize there are suggestion threads about this. if you can't unlock nurburgring 24h you don't deserve to play it.

What kind of reasoning is that and what does that have to do with anything? I'd like to be able to have access to Nurburgring 24h/4h layouts so I can use to drive around for my own personal reasons. Just because there are some of us who aren't as good as others doesn't mean we should be restricted from a certain track. Nurburgring is just another famous race/road track like any other such as Circuit De La Sarthe, Laguna Seca. So does that mean we don't deserve to play those tracks as well? Like seriously?
 
I've also done hundreds of laps on Nordschleife in various sims/games and the thing that helped me was track knowledge and watching the "demos" on each part. I got gold on all sections in the intermediate AMG a few days back. I only beat the time by .8 seconds and had several tries .5, .6 and .8 seconds slower. The key is to watch where the demo is passing the other cars and watch the gear "he" is in. The car has a lot more traction than you think. Also I have found that it's easier to drive fast without all aids except ABS at 1. If you enable the aids then the car looses the feel in the wheel. I'm using a Logitech Driving Force Pro and a wheelstand. But that's my own opinion. I do think that most players with a wheel can make it with some practice and advice from fellow GTP members, I sure did (Thank you all that answered my frustrated questions). How on earth DS players can do it is beyond my comprehension, hats off you guys and girls. It's quite a hard event and don't try to beat it unless you're rested and alert. Try to practice part by part. I E try to pass the first car on time, and the the first and the second... and so onwards to the rest.

I can understand how people feel about not having the track from the start. But this is the way the game is designed, like it or not. Post in this thread if you like to have the not so great lap replay from me. I will gladly try to help people to get this great track.
 
s32
you realize there are suggestion threads about this. if you can't unlock nurburgring 24h you don't deserve to play it.

Mighty fine attitude you got there. No wonder people start to think sim racers are a bunch of elitist jerks.
 
Is it possible to play the ring in multiplayer before you've unlocked it in the game?

So if you set it up in your own room, would that work?
 
What kind of reasoning is that and what does that have to do with anything? I'd like to be able to have access to Nurburgring 24h/4h layouts so I can use to drive around for my own personal reasons. Just because there are some of us who aren't as good as others doesn't mean we should be restricted from a certain track. Nurburgring is just another famous race/road track like any other such as Circuit De La Sarthe, Laguna Seca. So does that mean we don't deserve to play those tracks as well? Like seriously?

1. there are already like 1000 threads KAZ YOU NEED TO FIX THIS THIS PART IS BROKEN
2. If you can't get gold on the 'ring, you have no business driving around it in the pitch dark. Silver is NOT HARD, boom 4hr race unlocked.

also, it's not like they will actually fix this, so why bitch and moan about it in the first place
 
LOL Why would you want to drive the ring in the dark/rain for 24h when you can't even drive 1 perfect lap of it in the dry???
 
s32
1. there are already like 1000 threads KAZ YOU NEED TO FIX THIS THIS PART IS BROKEN
2. If you can't get gold on the 'ring, you have no business driving around it in the pitch dark. Silver is NOT HARD, boom 4hr race unlocked.

also, it's not like they will actually fix this, so why bitch and moan about it in the first place

Nobody's telling you to read this thread. If it bothers you that much, why even bother reading it in the first place. If you have nothing better to say than "oh it's not hard, or theres 6736x threads like this already." then please don't waste your breath and move on.

It's even worse when somebody comes in without offering any valuable input but at the same time makes pointless replies that doesn't add or help with the current topic.

and btw, I've driven the ring in the dark before thank you. I can drive the ring in the pitch dark any way I chose to do so. Who are you to tell me otherwise. Take that snobbish attitude elsewhere.
 
Last edited:
The AMG school is actually pretty hard. Don't know what all of you guys are talking about, but only the rain versions can be easily golded, the others don't.

I eventually golded all AMG challenges a few days back. I use a DS3 by the way.

I only have a couple of licenses open for gold and the impossible Eiger Nordwand Grand Tour challenge which eluded me for gold by .072

A-Spec level 27.

So by no means a rookie. Played this track in GT4 also alot.

You should get what you bought. Why is it so hard to add an 'unlock all' option for the ones that like.
Not to mention that the fact that we missed out on alot of tracks anyway (Spa, Hockenheim, El Captain etc.) so it is unfair to unlock the few that ARE in
 
Last edited:
digitalic, you're spot on mate:)

btw, cutting across the grass on the special events makes silver/gold a bit easier...I never do it elsewhere but like yourself I wanted this track!
 
Is it possible to play the ring in multiplayer before you've unlocked it in the game?

So if you set it up in your own room, would that work?

No, but if somebody has it you can join that room too and use it. I'll probably host it (24H version) one or two evenings/nights before Christmas. Will have restrictions on HP and weight. About 350HP max and 1000kg min. Tires Sports hard ,no aids except ABS and low damage.
 
Nobody's telling you to read this thread. If it bothers you that much, why even bother reading it in the first place. If you have nothing better to say than "oh it's not hard, or theres 6736x threads like this already." then please don't waste your breath and move on.

It's even worse when somebody comes in without offering any valuable input but at the same time makes pointless replies that doesn't add or help with the current topic.

and btw, I've driven the ring in the dark before thank you. I can drive the ring in the pitch dark any way I chose to do so. Who are you to tell me otherwise. Take that snobbish attitude elsewhere.

this thread doesn't bother me. people with 200+ posts that don't understand the concept of reducing clutter by posting in the correct section do. If you want some valuable input here it is; "go grind because you're wasting YOUR breath creating a thread about something that we both know ISN'T going to be fixed any time soon." Also it's ironic that you say you can drive the ring in the pitch dark any way you want to, because you CAN'T
2heUt.gif
. I'm not gonna stop you from unlocking it, but PD and your lack of skill will.
 
s32
you realize there are suggestion threads about this. if you can't unlock nurburgring 24h you don't deserve to play it.

Pathetic post here tbh. 👎

People who aren't used to the track need to practice on it, but can't practice on it until they unlock it. They can't unlock until they are proficient at the track, but can't get proficient until they unlock it and practice on it, but can't unlock it until they attain gold, but can't get gold until they practice, but can't practice for gold until it is unlocked. ETCETERA.

Nurburgring was unlocked from the beginning on GT4. This was probably because of driving mission #34, and the amount of practice the average gamer would need to pass it, as well as for licenses IA15 + S16. I don't understand why this time around it is locked at the beginning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back