Nurburgring 2h40m - Finished

• Thread starter PTLobo2
  • 201 comments
Thanks to @PTLobo2 and @Raptor013 for the great race and hosting. Awesome time, my hands are killing me and I think my knees have seized up.:lol::cheers:
That was a wild fun time, loads of fun. And a real test of endurance and focus. Now to fix the bizarre track limit penalties there.

Have fun at the Nord in 3 weeks. I cant make 3 laps of it in the daytime, not even attempting 19 at night:nervous:.

Great fun, good racing:cheers:👍👍👍:gtpflag:

Thanks to @PTLobo2 and @Raptor013 for the great race and hosting. Awesome time, my hands are killing me and I think my knees have seized up.:lol::cheers:
That was a wild fun time, loads of fun. And a real test of endurance and focus. Now to fix the bizarre track limit penalties there.

Have fun at the Nord in 3 weeks. I cant make 3 laps of it in the daytime, not even attempting 19 at night:nervous:.

Great fun, good racing:cheers:👍👍👍:gtpflag:

No surprise about the hands and knees. I covered 675.8km in that race.

A selection of photos from Le Mans

Part 1

20200912093138.jpg
20200912093145.jpg
20200912093150.jpg
20200912093155.jpg
20200912093204.jpg
20200912093209.jpg

Yeah I got disconnected, but it didn't matter because my race was nothing to write home about.

I could only stretch the fuel for 7 laps so I had no hope of catching up with the guys in front, and early in my third stint I spun and hit the wall which messed up my front aero and suspension so I was losing 10 seconds per lap but if I had pitted not even halfway through the stint that would've been the end of the race. So I did my best to limp my way through the stint and save as much fuel as possible hoping to shorten my next pitstop.

Pitted after lap 21 as planned, this was my first time changing tyres too. I could have stretched them another stint but I was planning on pushing harder now to make up time so I wanted fresh ones. Managed to fumble my wheel during refuelling which cancelled the refuelling so I only had enough for one more lap... Pit again after lap 22 to refuel! Only managed half a lap after that before disconnecting.

I hope Nurb is going to be better for fuel!

Yeah I got disconnected, but it didn't matter because my race was nothing to write home about.

I could only stretch the fuel for 7 laps so I had no hope of catching up with the guys in front, and early in my third stint I spun and hit the wall which messed up my front aero and suspension so I was losing 10 seconds per lap but if I had pitted not even halfway through the stint that would've been the end of the race. So I did my best to limp my way through the stint and save as much fuel as possible hoping to shorten my next pitstop.

Pitted after lap 21 as planned, this was my first time changing tyres too. I could have stretched them another stint but I was planning on pushing harder now to make up time so I wanted fresh ones. Managed to fumble my wheel during refuelling which cancelled the refuelling so I only had enough for one more lap... Pit again after lap 22 to refuel! Only managed half a lap after that before disconnecting.

I hope Nurb is going to be better for fuel!

Did wonder what happened. I was right behind you and Dexter heading into the first Chicane down Hunaudières when you went straight on.

@PTLobo2 thank you for organizing the race. It was super :) !

:eek::( My qf lap:
lm2410.jpg

Sorry if my ghost caused troubles :S . I tried to auto drive to the pit, hoping the "cutscene" bugging me back, but nope :( . Black screen and no sound. Fortunately the race started without this glitch.

And... I'm sorry, I'm clumsy as hell with faster cars :( . At least three times I've almost murdered @Spinerkopin and one or two times @PTLobo2 :( . Those LMP cars are so fast, the radar didn't help to positioning myself - especially in the Porsche and Corvette curves :( . Two times I was so scarred I just overshot the Mulsane braking zones and spinned/crashed - pit and repairing... :D .

@kungtotte_ thank you for the first few laps :) . It was awesome to chase somebody :) 👍 - then you left me in the dust :D . I'm sorry for the DC :( .

@Raptor013 nice pictures as always :) :cheers:.
(Not from the race but maybe it's a good tribute to this awesome race :) )
lm2411.jpg

Managed to fumble my wheel during refuelling which cancelled the refuelling so I only had enough for one more lap...
I did this same thing on my first stop! I bumped my controller while picking up my coffee and clicked the do not refuel button. Luckily had enough to go the full lap all out, but not what I wanted to do to set the tone.

@Kuraudo Thanks for the comments on the pics. Those are just from the opening 8 laps. I would have gone through the whole race, but for some reason when I wanted to skip ahead the game would crash. And there was no way I was going to re-watch the entire 2 hours 48 minutes for picture taking.

@Redneckchef just an update on that distance driven. Just completed tonights FIA race and have now clocked up 805km for the day. Needless to say, from a driving point of view, I'm shattered.

@Kuraudo Thanks for the comments on the pics. Those are just from the opening 8 laps. I would have gone through the whole race, but for some reason when I wanted to skip ahead the game would crash. And there was no way I was going to re-watch the entire 2 hours 48 minutes for picture taking.

@Redneckchef just an update on that distance driven. Just completed tonights FIA race and have now clocked up 805km for the day. Needless to say, from a driving point of view, I'm shattered.
I dont know how you did all that. I did the Le Mans lobby. About 10 laps practice for Tsukuba and the race. You are crazy for all that. Hope FIA went well.:gtpflag:

That is correct. I may change the fuel to x1 in the meantime though.
Thank you :) .
I'd like to race but I had some problems with the faster cars even at Le Mans :( - and that track has a ton of long straights :( . At the 'Ring I think I only would cause big world record size pile-ups :D .

@Kuraudo you were fine at Le Mans. The best advise when in the slower class is to hold your line and be predictable when the faster guys catch up to put a lap on you. It's up to the overtaking car to make the pass cleanly and the faster class should be patient when lapping the slower class in the more technical areas.
Thank you for the advice :) . Sometimes I'm trying too hard and... crash. I have to be more relaxed:scared:.
I switched to bumber cam - for the mirror. It's strange after x months of hood cam (we need mirror there too :( ), but maybe will help to let go the GR.3 cars easier :) .

Thank you for the advice :) . Sometimes I'm trying too hard and... crash. I have to be more relaxed:scared:.
I switched to bumber cam - for the mirror. It's strange after x months of hood cam (we need mirror there too :( ), but maybe will help to let go the GR.3 cars easier :) .

Anytime mate. We use that rule in Sports Sedans to great effect. My car is one of the slower in the field being a Division 3 car, and there's been races where I've held the leaders up for 3 or 4 corners as they've caught me at a part of the track where passing is extremely risky. It can be frustrating (for both the leader and the lapped driver) but that's racing sometimes.

Also I agree the bonnet cam really should have a rear vision mirror.

Honestly, i could use your help here. Im thinking x1 because with x2 you can only go around 35 mins with a gt3 iirc. Thats 4 laps only at the Nurb. And 2 laps only between in and outlap. Its not enough imo. So yeah, make it 1x, but im happy to change it if you dont agree with it

Back