Nvidia New Cards

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 180 comments
I wouldn't put this as a major concern from nVIDIA's point of view.

Oh, I would. Intel has its own fabrication facilities; Nvidia does not. That is huge advantage in their favor, especially with things unable to resume normally without TSMC or Global Foundries being at capacity at least until the end of 2022. And that's at the earliest.

As long as their mid range and flagship cards perform comparably, that's demand neither AMD or nVidia can meet right now.

Oh, I would. Intel has its own fabrication facilities; Nvidia does not. That is huge advantage in their favor, especially with things unable to resume normally without TSMC or Global Foundries being at capacity at least until the end of 2022. And that's at the earliest.

As long as their mid range and flagship cards perform comparably, that's demand neither AMD or nVidia can meet right now.
Would be good for the competition, but unfortunately, the chips are not made internally apparently.

But perhaps most interesting of all for graphics insiders and Intel investors alike is where Xe-HPG will be built: not at Intel. As part of their Architecture Day roadmap, Intel has confirmed that the part will be made at an external fab.

Even if Intel did make them in-house, this is their first GPU series. There will be QC issues, driver issues, etc.

It will take them at least one generation to get things sorted and be a real competitive option.

@Team THRT Drift true, but any GPU is a good GPU right now. Hell, MSI joked about (it was a joke, right?) relaunching the GT 710, people are properly desperate at the moment.

Gamer Nexus' recent video on that Intel GPU (which was a slimmed down version of the mobile iGPU, in case you can't tell I'm not familiar with the nomenclature yet) did show some promise, but did also show some weaknesses in the software; good (for what it is) average frame rates but poor, irregular frame pacing.

but any GPU is a good GPU right now.
I know right? My 1070 GTX is slowly dying and the best thing I have to replace it with is an 8600 GTS. I really, really don't want to go down that road if I don't have to. I've been trying everything to snag a 3000 series, regardless of what it is. I'll take a 3060 with stupid RGB if I have too. But despite following every Twitter account I can think of that announces drops, entering the Newegg shuffle daily, being in the EVGA queue, and scouring all the marketplaces/eBay I'm coming up with nothing. I don't mind paying a bit over MSRP but I'm not spending $1,700 on a 3060.

I'm close to just buying a pre-built gaming desktop, stripping the GPU, and then selling off the parts.

@Joey D should the worst happen to my 1080 my only plan is unfortunately to sign up for GeForce Now, or maybe Game Pass Ultimate now that that allows for streaming. Or maybe I'll get my PS3 and 4 out again.

Not only can I absolutely not justify spending even the MSRP on a new card at the moment, I have absolutely no desire to go through what you're going through to get one. Hope you get lucky soon!

@Team THRT Drift true, but any GPU is a good GPU right now. Hell, MSI joked about (it was a joke, right?) relaunching the GT 710, people are properly desperate at the moment.

Gamer Nexus' recent video on that Intel GPU (which was a slimmed down version of the mobile iGPU, in case you can't tell I'm not familiar with the nomenclature yet) did show some promise, but did also show some weaknesses in the software; good (for what it is) average frame rates but poor, irregular frame pacing.

The DG1 is the Intel Iris Xe iGPU. The Xe-HPG DG2 is their "flagship" card and initial benchmarks put it on par with nVIDIA's 1050.

Like I said, in the context of competition, Intel is far away from making nVIDIA worried. Sure, it's another GPU option, which is much needed during this time, but is that worth putting up with the hassle of, what is essentially, a prototype?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. People are desperate, I know I am, but I feel people aren't that desperate.

I welcome the addition of a new GPU manufacturer, but we'll still have to wait a while longer. I hope I'm proven wrong though.

I'm close to just buying a pre-built gaming desktop, stripping the GPU, and then selling off the parts.
I've thought of going down that path but prebuilts are also becoming scarce and really expensive. At least in Canada :(

Last edited:
I'm close to just buying a pre-built gaming desktop
I did this in April. A full system, including OS and mouse/keyboard for the price of the GPU (3060ti) and CPU (i7-11700).

Capture.PNG

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Ya, I kind of wish I could've waited and I'm not exactly keen on doing a 3080 build since it now means a whole new setup instead of just swapping stuff out. But my 1070 is on its last legs and I'm not going to the 8600 I have as a backup.

I think my biggest complaint is going to be finding a case to fit the thing in that isn't just a bunch of RGB crap.

Ya, I kind of wish I could've waited and I'm not exactly keen on doing a 3080 build since it now means a whole new setup instead of just swapping stuff out. But my 1070 is on its last legs and I'm not going to the 8600 I have as a backup.

I think my biggest complaint is going to be finding a case to fit the thing in that isn't just a bunch of RGB crap.
Phanteks P500A. If you like its looks, very few cases have better airflow.

Phanteks P500A. If you like its looks, very few cases have better airflow.
Good to know, it doesn't look that expensive either. Although I'm used to paying like $30 for case, but I'm guessing with a GPU that's over a foot long it's going to need some decent airflow.

RGB can be disabled / left unplugged, no problem, but if like me you don't want a glass side that limits choice :(

I like my Fractal Design Define C, but it took a bit of 3D printing to make the airflow decent for the GPU. (Same problem with the Meshify C as well, even though air to the CPU is better).

Mid-to-late 2022 demand should ease up on graphic cards.
I think...think it could be a little sooner than that. GPU prices have steadily declined over the past couple of months. They're still ridiculous and will be for the next couple of months but there's a slight chance prices could drop faster if Ethereum enters proof-of-stake or whatever it is by year's end.
Good to know, it doesn't look that expensive either. Although I'm used to paying like $30 for case, but I'm guessing with a GPU that's over a foot long it's going to need some decent airflow.
If you do go with the P500A, make sure you get the non-RGB version as it's cheaper. Assuming you haven't already looked at it.

I was reading that things have let up a bit and prices were trending down in Europe. In China they were selling used cards from the crypto mines below MSRP, due to China's ban on crypto.

I think...think it could be a little sooner than that. GPU prices have steadily declined over the past couple of months. They're still ridiculous and will be for the next couple of months but there's a slight chance prices could drop faster if Ethereum enters proof-of-stake or whatever it is by year's end.

If you do go with the P500A, make sure you get the non-RGB version as it's cheaper. Assuming you haven't already looked at it.
I don't know, I'm slightly pessimistic when it comes to stuff like this. If it happens earlier, then great! I hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
ArIndeed, the availability is getting better.

What are the normal prices for an RTX 3070/3080(Ti)/3090?

These are the current prices.

rtx 1.jpg

rtx 2.jpg

rtx 3.jpg

Artikel voorradig = in stock
Wordt verwacht = To be expected
Niet op voorraad = out of stock

I want a Photonic supercomputer. :D

Last edited:
Writes down on list to remember to ban @David :lol:
:lol: I have EVGA "elite membership" so I got into the queue within the first 2 hours on release day (that was a nightmare). I was actually pretty surprised they got to my place in line this soon based on the rate things seemed to be moving for a while. Planning to take the 2080ti with me when I go home for the holidays to replace my dad's 1070.

My time has come. EVGA emailed and I can buy a plain 3060. I think I'll take it.

I signed up for a few queues, but I'm not sure if all are active or if they allow that.
They are all separate queues and will stay active until you buy or decline the item that the specific queue is for.

Back