Nvidia New Cards

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 180 comments
Also you cant feel bad for stupid people choosing to overpay for stuff. I definitely dont.
True for many, but not all. A buddy who uses his PC for work recently had his 2080 Ti die on him. He had no choice but to pay scalper's prices for a replacement.

Last edited:
Nvidia apparently accidentally released a driver update that removed the mining nerf for the rtx 3060.

:boggled:

520n1h.jpg

Come out ahead of the paper launch and play it off as if you're for the consumer, while removing said limitations behind the scenes.

Whatever "boosts" sales, right?

Last edited:
I wanted to buy an HP Reverb G2 and get a new gaming computer. My current GTX970 is not powerful enough for the Reverb. I can't get a new graphics card, so I'll have to wait until nVidia's card are back in stock.

I wanted to buy an HP Reverb G2 and get a new gaming computer. My current GTX970 is not powerful enough for the Reverb. I can't get a new graphics card, so I'll have to wait until nVidia's card are back in stock.

Why not try and get the Reverb G2 and wait for the graphics card? Your current graphics card might be able to run it in a test environment to make sure the headset works.

Last edited:
I could run the Steam VR test to see if this pc is good enough. But I doubt it.

Oh no, no, I meant to run the VR headset to make sure it works and then just hold onto it until you upgrade your graphics card. This way it ensures that you have a VR headset for when the time comes instead of having to wait for stock to show up again as well as shipping.

That's just one option, if you don't want to hold on to a product you can't use, that's more than understandable.

Sounds like the 3080ti is pretty much as powerful as the 3090 but without the big honkin' cooler and with half the VRAM, and the 3070ti is somewhere approaching the 3080 but with less GDDR6X and in the compact form factor. Theoretically $1200 and theoretically $600.

Definitely want a 3070ti since a 3080 won't fit in my case, but lol good luck to me.

Last edited:
Sounds like the 3080ti is pretty much as powerful as the 3090 but without the big honkin' cooler and with half the VRAM, and the 3070ti is somewhere approaching the 3080 but with less GDDR6X and in the compact form factor. Theoretically $1200 and theoretically $600.

Definitely want a 3070ti since a 3080 won't fit in my case, but lol good luck to me.

I'm personally still aiming for a 3090. I need the VRAM for Blender renders, Solidworks and video editing schtuff.

If you're already spending that amount of money on a 3080ti, might as well spend a little more and get a 3090. To me that's a no brainer.

I thought the 3080ti was going to have either 20GB or 18GBs of VRAM, not 12GB. 12GB is hardly an upgrade.

Oh, well...

Exactly.

I thought the 3080ti was going to have either 20GB or 18GBs of VRAM, not 12GB. 12GB is hardly an upgrade.
I think the pricing of all the cards due to the supply/demand issue is ridiculous but I have to agree that only a 2gb increase on the 3080TI model makes this card due to its increased pricing value wise much lower overall.
But of course with all the cards being about as common on the shelf for sale as a bottled Unicorn fart mixed with pixie dust they will sell everyone they can make and actually get out the door.

I'm still happy with my old GTX970.

I would be happy too if I had one. Seeing as I'm still using my 2012 Toshiba Satellite with an Intel Celeron and integrated "graphics", I'm dying for an upgrade.

This year I was supposed to build my first PC as I've finally settled down and havent had the need to travel in over four years, rendering my need for a laptop obsolete.

Since the market won't normalize until 2023, at the earliest, I'm just going to spend my money on other priorities and hobbies... like finishing my kitchen restoration... archery.. scale modelling... graduate studies, etc.

I'm done with the PC market for now. Been following it closely for years but I'm burnt out.

Last edited:
I'm still happy with my old GTX970.

Same, my existing card (GTX 1080) is still fine, I mean I definitely would've upgraded if I could but that's really more because I had some spare cash from being in lockdown rather than because I desperately need it.

The other thing is there aren't that many graphically demanding games coming up that I want to play. Oh and I also still have around 150 games that I already own that I want to play, those will easily last me a few years even if I completely stop buying games (which is a possibility, not because I've fallen out of love with the hobby, but because I do actually want to play these games I've already got). Those games will all run perfectly fine on my existing card too because the majority of them are as old as or older than it, so that's a thing too.

I must admit though, I'm tempted to pay for GeForce Now so I can play Control with ray tracing enabled.

Market for prebuilts seems to be drying up as well. nVidia no longer making the 3060Ti doesn't help there.

I must admit though, I'm tempted to pay for GeForce Now so I can play Control with ray tracing enabled.
It's how I played Cyberpunk at launch. 5 bucks for a month or something like that, plenty enough time to play and complete a game. :)

Last edited:
My HD7950 works alright, but it was giving me some issues and it's getting a bit long in the tooth. I was looking around, but decided to wait for the next generation to come out. But I'll just have to wait patiently again for a year or three.

Plenty to work with currently with the PS5, PC backlog if the 7950 cooperates, and the option of GeforceNow or some other streaming service if I need it.

Got tricked by the evga queue update. They are sending emails that they are switching people over to the low hash rate card version queue. It also seems that they are ramping up production a bit on those, so things may be improving.

Cards are probably still way too expensive. I'm going to wait.
They likely won't be going down in price anytime soon, if ever. The makers see that they can sell them at this price point so they're going to continue to do so.

They likely won't be going down in price anytime soon, if ever. The makers see that they can sell them at this price point so they're going to continue to do so.

I wouldn't bet on this, personally. Nvidia is already trying their best to combat the second hand market by bringing back the 2060 (which they've since decided to kill again because it's taking away from any potential 30-series cards) and all this would do (once tariffs normalize again) is force people into focusing even more on that market.

There's also the fact that Intel is launching their Xe-HPG cards maybe by the end of the year, but definitely in 2022 so that's yet another factor in why Nvidia would be positively boneheaded (not that they aren't already) in doing so. If we're talking AIB cards, those are always more expensive but even those won't stay at the inflated prices once things settle down. They can't, or else the market will crash and burn. No one is paying $2200 for a 6900XT or $3500 for a 3090 when they're readily in stock.

Back