Oceania now split from Asia - horrible decision

• Thread starter resarf
  • 200 comments
He did qualify however wasn't at the final event for some reason.
He was in the world finals in Monaco. He drove the Ford gt for semi final A, but didn't manage to make a good result due to the car's horrendous tyre wear. He was also in the repechage, but again he couldn't make up enough places to reach the top 16.

Hello who ever you are I have known beau for longer than Nik and yes Nik is a well mannered very polite and respectful guy and yes he is extremely fast and yes getting faster all the time and yes is defiently top 5 fastest atm and done a grab job in Monaco but beau if he applied himself and actually didn't play the game when he was 4 years old and didn't get out of the game what Nik gets out of it now he would be unbeatable ...he will probably race this year's nation's cup as he does not like losing to Japan guys as they are always on there and are able to maybe beat him in 1 lap but not over an entire race ..but he still does not realise he is faster...I have been friends with beau for many years now and do believe if any thing the game has shown me is that beau is bye far the fastest Australian driver that I have seen...ps I don't read what I wrote so hopefully it makes since...nothing against Nik either he is amazing and still so young and he is doing amazing ..but it's just my opinion

Proof is again beau was faster and probably did the time in 2-3 laps half pissed after a long day at work.
Beau also had absolute crap internet until about a year ago, and as such could not race as he would disconnect (always in lead) and is struggling again with his connection.
Nik is from wealthy family and his life is virtually devoted to the game. He has even traveled the world for the game.
TRL Immortal is a fast car driver, and supreme in those machines, Lightning and many early other "early" TRL's are as quick as beau or quicker. Some like TRLdoodle excell in road cars. But not Aug, etc I have many times been in lobbies with those guys and beau flogs them.
Why won't Nik Makozi race beau in ROOZ div1? He has often come into ROOZ practice lobbies and shown pace but was not same ballpark as beau.
No not boasting, which i have no idea where that comes from just I have known this for 2 and a half years. I practiced with Warrior and beau, beau was always faster. But the baton will be passed on as it always does.
TRL holl to Warrior to Mint to Beau to ??????

Beau's a little more than a tenth infront of Nik, that's not exactly in a league of his own.

And Nik would be pissed too after doing a whole week of uni + extra catch up work.

How in the world would you know he's wealthy?

He has something called dedication, and that is something people should admire. He's been traveling the world to find a door into motorsports and I doubt others wouldn't do the same. Those 15 odd years he's spent are towards something more than just being a si racer for sure.

Please tell me then, if Beau can do ROOZ, why couldn't he drive in the FIA races (since he had good internet from about a year ago) ?

I believe that Nik's given up on league racing after the GTP Karting Series screwed him over back in 2016 I think. He still competed in those FGT championships, but that was pretty much it until GTS came around.

2 and a half years you say? Back in GT6 a fully grown man beats a 13-16 year old (period of age that Nik would've been on the game)? You wait till he reaches Beau's age as he is today and we'll see if he's within the ballpark.

Have they raced together on GTS? I don't know. Maybe the should.

The thing is that you're diminishing the speed Cody Nikola has. He was the youngest World Finalist of anyone, one of the few A+ to qualify for the regionals and surprised everyone by getting 3rd (losing out to Mikail due to points disadvantage (actually they were equal for second place after Nik made up the point deficit), and an F3 national champion because Carazza bump drafted Igor for two thirds of the race) against all odds, out of nowhere.

If there's anyone that the baton should be passed onto, it is Nik. He still quite young, and in time we should all expect great things from him.:D

Edit: BTW exactly how old is Beau?

Hello who ever you are I have known beau for longer than Nik and yes Nik is a well mannered very polite and respectful guy and yes he is extremely fast and yes getting faster all the time and yes is defiently top 5 fastest atm and done a grab job in Monaco but beau if he applied himself and actually didn't play the game when he was 4 years old and didn't get out of the game what Nik gets out of it now he would be unbeatable ...he will probably race this year's nation's cup as he does not like losing to Japan guys as they are always on there and are able to maybe beat him in 1 lap but not over an entire race ..but he still does not realise he is faster...I have been friends with beau for many years now and do believe if any thing the game has shown me is that beau is bye far the fastest Australian driver that I have seen...ps I don't read what I wrote so hopefully it makes since...nothing against Nik either he is amazing and still so young and he is doing amazing ..but it's just my opinion

That is a nice way to put it. :)

You give Nik another year, and then we will decide how much better Beau is. :sly:

Last edited by a moderator:
K32
I beg to differ, Nik and Beau are only separated by little more than a tenth when it comes to hotlaps.

Proof is here (the current daily race C)

As for the racecraft itself I think they're both very good drivers, its just that Cody Nikola has been doing the FIA races, and Beau hasn't (he doesn't race too much in general as far as I know) . If he got more engaged in GTS, he would definitely be one of the guys to beat up there with Nik. They are equals...

What you're doing is boasting, and is actually not true. Yes Beau is an alien bit he's definitely not in a league of his own.

Edit: BTW Nik has been an alien since the age of 13/14, around the time he entered league racing with guys like TRL_IMMORTAL, LIGHTNING, EVOLUTION, AUGH, Fuvaros, DBRS001 (joined mid season) and Beau (quit the series after a couple of races).

I’d say nik got the pace over me these days, sadly work kills me from doing the FIA i’ll gotta try do it next year and hopefully give this game better effort next year because been bit slack, pretty sure MINT, Warrior and Holland can take him on :lol:

Having a 5am job when the races start at 9pm at the earliest would have a lot to do with it.

And having uni from 7am to 4pm when the races are from 12:00 to 17:00 would also be quite inconvenient for Nik too.

Btw @beau231 thanks for the post. I hope some of us can at least accept that its not just you and no competition whatsoever.

K32
And having uni from 7am to 4pm when the races are from 12:00 to 17:00 would also be quite inconvenient for Nik too.

Btw @beau231 thanks for the post. I hope some of us can at least accept that its not just you and no competition whatsoever.
Always more competiton out there mate

Not saying nik does this but some uni you can actually do at home from what I know of what could advantage him, but my job is really hard work mate and it takes it out of me by the end of the day, really hard to wanna try my hardest in A FIA race and about to fall asleep at the wheel :lol:

I’d say nik got the pace over me these days, sadly work kills me from doing the FIA i’ll gotta try do it next year and hopefully give this game better effort next year because been bit slack, pretty sure MINT, Warrior and Holland can take him on :lol:

Last edited:
K32
Beau's a little more than a tenth infront of Nik, that's not exactly in a league of his own.

And Nik would be pissed too after doing a whole week of uni + extra catch up work.

How in the world would you know he's wealthy?

He has something called dedication, and that is something people should admire. He's been traveling the world to find a door into motorsports and I doubt others wouldn't do the same. Those 15 odd years he's spent are towards something more than just being a si racer for sure.

Please tell me then, if Beau can do ROOZ, why couldn't he drive in the FIA races (since he had good internet from about a year ago) ?

I believe that Nik's given up on league racing after the GTP Karting Series screwed him over back in 2016 I think. He still competed in those FGT championships, but that was pretty much it until GTS came around.

2 and a half years you say? Back in GT6 a fully grown man beats a 13-16 year old (period of age that Nik would've been on the game)? You wait till he reaches Beau's age as he is today and we'll see if he's within the ballpark.

Have they raced together on GTS? I don't know. Maybe the should.

The thing is that you're diminishing the speed Cody Nikola has. He was the youngest World Finalist of anyone, one of the few A+ to qualify for the regionals and surprised everyone by getting 3rd (losing out to Mikail due to points disadvantage (actually they were equal for second place after Nik made up the point deficit), and an F3 national champion because Carazza bump drafted Igor for two thirds of the race) against all odds, out of nowhere.

If there's anyone that the baton should be passed onto, it is Nik. He still quite young, and in time we should all expect great things from him.:D

Edit: BTW exactly how old is Beau?

Luke Norris knows Nik and Beau well. Having driven so much with both of them would be the best judge.
In my minimal contact with Nik he seems a nice guy.
Btw I think the age gap is 2-3 years and Beau was youngest TRL driver ever in the club.
Btw Beau is also a great guy and far too modest.
It took me 18 months to convince him he was faster than warrior and Mint :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone else still getting random disconnects from lobby even though their connection test shows everything is perfect? It's very disappointing that it's still happening even with the supposedly "localized" servers.

Anyone else still getting random disconnects from lobby even though their connection test shows everything is perfect? It's very disappointing that it's still happening even with the supposedly "localized" servers.

I have ultra fast fibre, always a mint connection, still get kicked from lobbies a few times per day

Also, I'm hoping I'm not speaking too early but it seems the FIA race times still havent been changed since the region split. I wont be taking part anymore if the earliest slot for kiwis stays at midnight

Jesus it's bad enough that we can’t compare lap times from your friends across the globe but now that cut off is even more severe with these smaller regions :crazy:

I hardly play anymore and one of the last things I liked to do was practice and see how close I could get to friend's lap times from daily races. And many of those friends were Argentine, Brazilian and other Latin Americans. Now that's destroyed.

They should be expanding, not retracting! I should be competing with friends from Europe, Asia, Oceania on lap at the very least! PD have completely bottled this; they're going backwards :ill:

I have ultra fast fibre, always a mint connection, still get kicked from lobbies a few times per day

Well I figured out my problem. I switched ISPs recently because my old one was having severe slowdowns during peak hours. The new ISP maintains good speeds all day, but I noticed my NAT type has changed from 2 to 3. None of the usual old tricks worked (static IP, DMZ, port forwarding). Apparently it's a well known issue with this ISP because they have recently switched to CG-NAT. I gave them a call to opt out and all is good now.

BTW if you need to post something close together there is an "Edit" button on the bottom right of your post. The mods here don't take kindly to double posting.

Had a Race C race all by myself just now - pole (even though I had no qualifying time), fastest lap and win all counted to my stats and went up 15 DR. There was someone else who joined the lobby and left pre-race so not sure if that affects whether statistics are given out.

Had a Race C race all by myself just now - pole (even though I had no qualifying time), fastest lap and win all counted to my stats and went up 15 DR. There was someone else who joined the lobby and left pre-race so not sure if that affects whether statistics are given out.
Just 15 DR!?, seems very low and and insulting, I mean it's not your fault that no one else turned up (apart from one other).

Just 15 DR!?, seems very low and and insulting, I mean it's not your fault that no one else turned up (apart from one other).

We know how the formula works, the guy that left must have had 32.5K DR less. (80 - (DR difference / 500)) Quick peak at @ed24 and it must have been a DR.D driver that got booted before the race. Btw I have had a win count when driving all alone, just no DR. Everyone but me got kicked while the race loaded.

We know how the formula works, the guy that left must have had 32.5K DR less. (80 - (DR difference / 500)) Quick peak at @ed24 and it must have been a DR.D driver that got booted before the race. Btw I have had a win count when driving all alone, just no DR. Everyone but me got kicked while the race loaded.
Yes I believe they were DR D from memory.

Maybe there's a 'glass half full' in all this?

PD seem determined to shoot themselves in the foot with blunder after blunder with Sport Mode. Weeklies not Dailies. Barely tolerable penalty systems, ever changing fault detection systems. Track limit nonsense.

Now this, fracturing an already diminished player base.

But there is a solution... We go back to what worked in GT6. Public open lobby system rooms, run by decent hosts, with protests heard by humans that can kick offenders, witnessed by fellow racers. And the upside? No region limits whatsoever...

We dealt with lag in GT6 by asking laggers to leave and come back (which sometimes worked in GT6) or booting (which prevented re-entry). I raced against players from all over the world, 24/7, and lag was a non-issue. Regions prone to lag had a host from their own area start a room if there were enough players with the same problem. But on the whole, it was a fixable or avoidable problem.

Leagues like SNAIL and WRS had tightly controlled racing, and it was cleaner and fairer than anything I've seen in any Sport Mode room, even S/S rooms. Return position for dirty pass was the standard racing etiquette, which removes any advantage to hyper aggression without any 'time penalty' BS that ruins the realism of Sport Mode. 'Clean or Kick' casual rooms were always up, tons of stock setting rooms.

Basically, everything we would like in Sport Mode, but hasn't yet been delivered. With a player base no bigger than what we currently have.

I know it's a bit harder, a bit more trouble to pull off. But, in the end, if the result is the player base unites again and we regain the sanity that was GT6, isn't it worth it? Sport Mode has been an interesting experiment. But, I fear, a failed one ultimately, for the vast majority of the player base. Consoles (or even PC's) aren't yet powerful enough to provide human quality stewarding, the player base isn't big enough to allow this level of fracturing without some regions getting the short end of the stick.

Time to go back to what worked...
Sport mode's 3 race combo format cleary took some influence from the set up of snail , which was establisged over 8 years ago. Still Running strong 👍

So where do we all stand now that the dust has had a chance to settle?
For me, on the downside I'm now waaay less likely to be racking up wins as from my experience the lobbies have definitely gotten a lot faster.
On the upside in my opinion the vast majority of players in any given pool seem to be far more highly skilled, not just faster but cleaner and more courteous/professional than the combined region and the races have definitely benefited in that regard.
Reduced lag has also made super close door handle to door handle racing a lot better.
The pool has definitely suffered and the filling of grids can be an issue at times, but overall I'm "mostly" enjoying the increased degree of difficulty and challenge.
I do miss the Japanese though, by and large they were great fun to compete against.

Thank goodness I am predominantly an offline player and find plenty to do in this mode otherwise I would be furious.

For anyone still experiencing lobby kicks with good connection and Nat Type 2, try going into Game Options and clearing your game cache. I do this almost every time I start up the game, especially FIA events and Sport Mode. Before I began doing this, I would simply restart the game when this occurred and I wouldn't have any problems for a few more races. However, the cache seems to be the problem. Clearing it every time you play has been my best result. [GT Logo Menu]>[Options]>[Network]>[Delete Temporary Data]>[Delete]>[Yes] Hope that helps.

Smaller fields aren't always a bad thing if it allows you to get better results... Larger fields do make for a better challenge but it also makes for more frustration, and I hated that. A lot more shenanigans went down and I struggled to get decent results at A S rank. I just couldn't compete with guys who were 2 seconds quicker than me, so I usually got stuck in the mid-pack.

Personally, DR/SR ratings are meaningless now in AU/NZ server because everyone (and I mean everyone from S to D) gets lumped together. Your quali and first corner is even more critical than ever. If you can break away from the rest of the pack though, I find the standards of racing is much better (both speed and cleanliness). Because DR/SR doesn't matter anymore, I find myself racing normally now (previously I would alternate 1 win with 1 last place to sandbag my DR and not get matched with super aliens). So in a way, I'm ok with the region split now.

I'd still prefer if leaderboard times are WW though. And to my dismay I just realised we can't use the top replays as ghost, only to watch. What a bonehead decision yet again by PD :banghead:

For anyone still experiencing lobby kicks with good connection and Nat Type 2, try going into Game Options and clearing your game cache. I do this almost every time I start up the game, especially FIA events and Sport Mode. Before I began doing this, I would simply restart the game when this occurred and I wouldn't have any problems for a few more races. However, the cache seems to be the problem. Clearing it every time you play has been my best result. [GT Logo Menu]>[Options]>[Network]>[Delete Temporary Data]>[Delete]>[Yes] Hope that helps.

I don't get kicks anymore but the dreaded error CE-34878-0 still haunts me from time to time. Nothing I do will fix it once I got it, including restarting the PS4/modem/wifi/cache. Just have to let the game cool off for a day and try tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder what Sony does with all these error reports. Every PS4 firmware update is just "stability fixes" but nothing seems to ever change :rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back