Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
I think we found a first proper chibi Golf here. shame no door for the left side, since I assume the car was sawed or something.
CnfCBHko.jpg

But God, give me that, I want to take it for a spin. Ah, and eat your heart out Mini Cooper.

Unique as modifications to BMWs go, but pretty on-the-nose with the current trend of Devil-may-care, let's-piss-people-off-just-to-stand-out-on-social-media customization.

SVX
I wonder how well that thing would tow?

As well as it did before the engine change, towing capacity is rated on chassis and body type most times. Obviously when you couple an engine with it it plays a part. If a chassis that could pull 5000 pounds, but is using an engine that only allows the power to do 3000...you aint pulling 5000. Also tire size plays a role, and with low profiles it would hinder it.

As well as it did before the engine change, towing capacity is rated on chassis and body type most times. Obviously when you couple an engine with it it plays a part. If a chassis that could pull 5000 pounds, but is using an engine that only allows the power to do 3000...you aint pulling 5000. Also tire size plays a role, and with low profiles it would hinder it.
Rating loss due to the tires may be supplemented by the presumed brake upgrade, though.

I have a better picture now of the Festiva. Once they finish the bodywork it might be tasteful.

26022370673_1fb9332a8a_c.jpg

if I didn't know any better I would swear that was "Fester's" "fiestevil" but that was almost 10 years ago... surely his car is further along by now...

if I didn't know any better I would swear that was "Fester's" "fiestevil" but that was almost 10 years ago... surely his car is further along by now...
Do you have any pictures of the Fiestevil for comparison? Cant find any on the internet.

I would have to try to resurrect a hard drive from days long past...
I remember helping fab some real cheap rear quarter flares similar to those.. I know the car was red with 1 teal fender (cant remember wich) a blue hatch and a white passenger door ( atleast back then)

the car I was refferring too was built in southern Indiana and ran with our Louisville area SCCA

his was driven by the motor and trans out of an SVT contour

Last edited:

Funny, this car came to the owners with the teal fender ( stock body ) and a stock motor and trans. Can't believe another teal fendered car was autocrossing before it :lol:

I helped put the fenders on this car and do a motor swap for another stock Festiva motor when the original motor started getting glitter in the oil with a side of rod knock

If you are a soccer mom who thinks minivans and crossovers are too mainstream, then this is the perfect vehicle for you:
View attachment 543620 View attachment 543621
The Dodge Grand Cara-Ram.

Looks like it escaped from the automotive prototype cutting board! :dopey:

Somehow that Ram Van made me think up an interesting question...

"Would it be better if it was dark green, with a set of gold BBS RS wheels, pinstriping like the Cara-ram but in gold, and if it was lowered a little bit?"

Not sure if this counts as odd modification but, changing the paintjob would count...r-right?
ITxXm2Zi.jpg

Very well done and awesome, plus if you notice the brand...it's quite the SMART play on words.

...I'm not sorry.

:lol:

I actually love that, its funny and clever. Not in the slightest way "odd" to me. Would easily ride around in that (Provided I can actually fit my tall ass in there :lol:)

SVX

That actually works surprisingly well. Not a fan of the chin attachment but other then that, I'd say its tasteful modification material.

That is bad ass. I'm sorry, but "Odd" doesn't even come close to describing this.

When you want your car to match the assorted doilies around your house.

Or when you decided Drugs and Water paint was a fantastic way to spend your weekend.

View attachment 537331 View attachment 537332

It's an MR setup, powered by the 3.2l V6 out of the Acura CL-S. I like this.

Damn, that's nice. Who do I have to kill to get one? Again, not "odd" at all to me.

But it is a Trocious.

:P

giphy.gif

;)

Back