Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
The transfer silly season has begun then. £5 million seems to be the starting figure for most Premier League transfers, so in my cost adjusted world, that is £3 million. Which for a player with one seasons experience in the Premier League, who if he does go to Arsenal would be no more than a squad player, is about right.

But where is Hazard going to? He says the big three have approached him.

City will throw money at him, he'd get a regular starting slot at United, and you can't discount Roman splashing out on him like he did for Torres.

It all depends what his motives are.

Money and Trophies - Man City
Development as a player and Trophies -Man Utd
Money - Chelsea

He would be perfectly suited for Arsenal, but I can't see them spending 3 years worth of transfer funds on one player.

Money - Chelsea

He would be perfectly suited for Arsenal, but I can't see them spending 3 years worth of transfer funds on one player.

Money is his primary concern then.

A lot of French players are I think. Hatem Ben Arfa is very up himself also. Still love the guy though :P

And I now know he is Belgian so that shows how much I know about him.

Last edited:
close to 5 million quid after tax per year, 5 million to his agent and apparently 35 million to Lille.

AS far as i'm concerned, Chelsea can have him for 45 million in his first season alone.

You've got the likes of Kagawa with slightly lesser stats, in a more difficult league, who happened to rip the arsehole out of the team that dominated Chelsea in their CL final for 120 minutes going for 15 million and probably 100k a week. He's also a proven winner and big game player for Dortmund.

Fergie sent his chief scout to watch kagawa several times last season..the press picked it up a few weeks back and then the rumour mill started..i hope we sign him, i think he's a great player...also sigurdsson has been having a medical at swansea after aggreing a fee of around 7 milllion..

Looks like Chelsea are getting Hazard then. I'm not celebrating until it's 100% confirmed after what happened with Robinho.

Money is his primary concern then.

Have you even seen him playing?

He's been nominated the best player of France's league two years in a row now. The premier league is by far the best place for him to become even better. And yes, I have seen him playing. And yes, he could be the next big thing.

Why not Chelsea? Personally I'd prefer to see him at United since I'm sure he would play every match, but Chelsea isn't a wrong choice either since he has Belgian teammates that play on the national team there as well. (Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois on loan at Atletico).

Have you even seen him playing?

He's been nominated the best player of France's league two years in a row now. The premier league is by far the best place for him to become even better. And yes, I have seen him playing. And yes, he could be the next big thing.

Why not Chelsea? Personally I'd prefer to see him at United since I'm sure he would play every match, but Chelsea isn't a wrong choice either since he has Belgian teammates that play on the national team there as well. (Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois on loan at Atletico).

I haven't seen him play, that's why I asked? :dopey:

If you read my post above the one you quoted, you will see the basis of my thoughts.

Money - Chelsea

How many trophies did United win last season? :sly:

I am a Chelsea fan and think Hazard has more chance of playing regular football at Chelsea than he has got at United. Chelsea are rebuilding and have been watching Hazard for over a year. You only have to look at Chelsea's attacking options they have added recently to see we are going to be a bigger threat next season.

Not to mention we may have Hulk to add to the roster soon as well. All we need now is Gregory Van Der Wiel :)

If Abramovich wants to splash anymore cash, Lucas Mourna or Neymar would be great for squad rotation :sly:

United don't look like they trust the younger generation as Scholes has not long signed a one year extension. Now the old guard of United are on their last legs Fergie seems to be struggling to replace them

Last edited:
GTP_Plato
How many trophies did United win last season? :sly:

United don't look like they trust the younger generation as Scholes has not long signed a one year extension. Now the old guard of United are on their last legs Fergie seems to be struggling to replace them

United won one trophy last season :P

Well they still seem fairly sure to sign Kagawa, so that's looking to the future, and also the present.

United won one trophy last season :P

Well they still seem fairly sure to sign Kagawa, so that's looking to the future, and also the present.

I never really class the community shield as a successful season :sly:

Kagawa does look to be a good signing from what I have seen of him at Dortmund, he can play wide or central midfield so he should have no problems filling Scholes or Giggs boots :dopey:

12 million sounds a good price though.

Back