Official car list. Complete w/ PI 482+cars +31 DLC +17 Unicorns

• Thread starter zr1chris
  • 2,282 comments
Why did they have it as an Auto in the movie? That makes just about as much sense as putting dinosaurs in the next one.

Hollywood. Go figure. 2.slow (ABA 2L 8v motor) w/an auto tranny, rather than a VR6 (AAA 2.8L) w/manual tranny.

Don't quote me on this but right before the 1st F&F movie, my school buddy's cousin had a dark green mk3 GTI VR6, ridiculously modified and fast as all hell. He was contacted by one of the producers and they wanted his car in the movie. Thing is... few nights later he was doing an illegal run against a Toyota Supra and he crashed the GTI at 140+mph (Supra clipped him as he was pulling on him). So they apparently ditched his totaled car and went with the white monstrosity that you saw in the movie. 2.slow auto and all. That was his story, but he doesn't really lie about these things so not sure if really true.
I remember his car though. The only thing I didn't like on it was the huge VW stickers across the back half of the car, along with the over abundance of sponsor stickers throughout the car. True euro approach is 'less is more'

Last edited:
Why did they have it as an Auto in the movie? That makes just about as much sense as putting dinosaurs in the next one.

Did you expect that the producers of Fast and Furious to actually care about what's under the bonnet of the cars? F&F is the ricer movie, no wonder the cars also reflect that...

They were a bit late today but better late than never,

Welcome the 1957 Ford Thunderbird, 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R, and 2010 Ford Taurus SHO to the Forza Garage!

Did you expect that the producers of Fast and Furious to actually care about what's under the bonnet of the cars? F&F is the ricer movie, no wonder the cars also reflect that...

True, it was the movie which started the whole ricer seen.

They were a bit late today but better late than never,

Welcome the 1957 Ford Thunderbird, 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R, and 2010 Ford Taurus SHO to the Forza Garage!

I wonder if they will include all of the cars from FM3? I'm hoping for some of those really special cars. And please include the Ariel Atom. I think there has only been 2 or 3 games with it in. TDU2, and PGR3.

Just in from FM.net
1971 BMW 3.0 CSL
1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
2011 BMW X5 M
2010 BMW Motorsport #79 Jeff Koons BMW M3 GT2 Art Car
FM4_2010_BMW_79_M3GT2_article.jpg

OH NO!
Looks like grey-white wheels are back :(

Dont ever scare me like that again!!!
I really hope they fixed the whole white wheel thing.
Anyways I googled that car and none of them had those wheels. They all had these and all were gray. I wish they had the proper wheels in the Forza version.
3309-web.jpg

BMW has had different wheels on their E92 M3 GTR models. I remember that mesh style zr1chris posted as being the main wheel for that car but I've also seen a 6/7 straight spoke wheel and some ugly curvy set of wheels for Le Mans. I too did a quick google search and mostly found that mesh style wheel on this art car.

Thats one of the things I only truly hate about Forza, white grey wheels.
Maybe its the way the game is coded. I really hope they fix it.
Grey TE37s don't look good to me IMO

This car is looking more and more wrong by the minute. Where is this area in the Forza version?
2ryozs5.jpg

Also the mirrors are not the same.
jeff-koons-bmw-m3-art-car-79-le-mans-19-570x347.jpg

Forza 4 version
FM4_2010_BMW_79_M3GT2_article.jpg

Appearently, they just took the ALMS M3 and added the livery.

alms_1920x1200_1.jpg

Same mirrors, same "flat" front end (no canards), same wire-mesh stuff in the bumper, even the rims are that of the ALMS M3 (from Rahal Letterman Racing, if I'm not mistaken).

They probably didn't want to add a whole new carr just so the livery could be on the right car. All in all, the car is modelled correctly, the Art Car livery was just on a different one.

I would have rather them not had the car at all if they were going to do that. They could have just left that for us to do if we wanted to. Its really not a complicated livery to replicate using the livery editor for your average player that is familiar with the livery editor and it could have also been sold on the storefront by someone who is an extremely good livery editor. Its a waste of a car IMO. Its typical from Forza though. They have multiple race cars that are identical except the livery.

I would have rather them not had the car at all if they were going to do that. They could have just left that for us to do if we wanted to. Its really not a complicated livery to replicate using the livery editor for your average player that is familiar with the livery editor and it could have also been sold on the storefront by someone who is an extremely good livery editor. Its a waste of a car IMO. Its typical from Forza though. They have multiple race cars that are identical except the livery.
I agree with this. I dislike it if games count cars with different liveries as different cars. Makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

Well, it would make sense if they used the M3 GTR that was actually used for the 2010 Le Mans, as it is different, but that way, yup, it's pretty much wasted. Sadly, that's pretty much the usual way to go for racing games, these days. At least Shift 2 didn't do that...

That bumper is wrong. C'mon T10... these lil details were known in previous Forzas, for new cars get it right!!
Seems off by a year. BMW had the smooth version and the new one with the 2 new curved features on the sides are the newer version bumpers. I googled and every art car image I came across were the newer bumper versions. Even the factory team white one has the new bumper now.

Well, I guess they just took the exact M3 they had, maybe upped the poly count and passed it off as a 2010 model because of the livery :indiff:

I wouldn't even mind, but they just had to declare it as a 2010 car themselves.

Well, I guess they just took the exact M3 they had, maybe upped the poly count and passed it off as a 2010 model because of the livery :indiff:

I wouldn't even mind, but they just had to declare it as a 2010 car themselves.

Either they are blind and didn't notice the car was different or they thought we were.

Either they are blind and didn't notice the car was different or they thought we were.
I guess they thought nobody would care about the difference... They must've looked close enough at the art car to recreate the livery.

And if they didn't list the car but declared the ~2008 M3 GTR ALMS to be available with the 2010 Art Car livery, everything would be okay, as far as I am concerned, but nooooo, they had to do this :grumpy:

Just posted on twitter

Welcome the 2011 Ford Falcon #4 IRWIN Racing FG Falcon, 2009 Holden HSV w427, and 2010 Joss JT1 to the Forza Garage!

Nice to have confirmation the W427 is still in it, but everyone's still hanging out for Aussie classics. We already knew the Joss was in from the other day when someone posted Top Gear Test Track footage which included the Joss.

I don't think there are any visual differences between 2009 and 2011 V8 Supercars except some guys may have changed their ducting in the front grille and the Commodores will have Series II sheet metal I think.

HELLAFLUSH240SX
Its been confirmed grey white wheels are back.
Look at the CTR, It has white wheels but they are grey.

And you came to this conclusion based on one image? Brilliant.

Since no customization features have been announced... nothing concerning customization, rim paint, etc. is confirmed one way or the other.

Back