Official F1 Manager Game Launches for Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, May 13, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. flatdarkmars

flatdarkmars

A well-made, in-depth, licensed F1 management game would be awesome.

I'm confidently predicting that this isn't it, though.

3. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

Apparently Motorsport Manager is the much better game to play. I'm sure this game will be fine for F1 fans who prefer more casual on-the-go games, though.

potvinsuks likes this.
  4. Gulyo

Gulyo

I don't care F1 anymore...so...disinterested the whole thing

Cerebral303 likes this.
  5. Slapped

Slapped Premium

I was kind of interested, but then I saw "Free to Play" which generally means pay to win or progress.

So I'm giving it a miss.

Cerebral303 and crooky369 like this.
  6. Famine

Famine Administrator

There is an MT mechanism - you can buy "bucks" for money, and spend them on upgrades or in-game coins (which can also be used for upgrades) - but I can't say it's bothered me so far. It spits coins and crates (with coins, bucks and upgrades in them) at you pretty regularly, but bucks are slower progress.

Screenshot_20190514-013737_F1 Manager.jpg

I beat someone else's Lewis Hamilton (level 7 driver) with both my Albon and Stroll earlier, with pit "strategy". Hope he didn't spend any money on that!

Screenshot_20190514-092931_F1 Manager.jpg

The race animation is super choppy though, and you really are guessing at some of the tyre/fuel "strategy".

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  7. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

Hutch?

No thanks, I'll pass.

8. Rouward

Rouward

Though like all apps available there, this game's unplayable without online. Wish there's a paid app I can play offline.

9. crooky369

crooky369

Agreed. Went back to a few mobile games last year and even the ones that were once good have been bought by a new publisher and they've added a tonne more micro transactions...

10. De_Breuk

De_Breuk

You also need to have Facebook to have a game save if you want to have to option to switch device or it you want to continue after a clean install or reinstall of the app...

11. BradLTL

BradLTL

I actually think it is a bit better than Motorsport Manager, but that is probably the age of the last version I played. The mechanics are roughly similar. I agree that the play to win hasn't bothered me yet. Tire strategy does matter, specifically there usually is 1 fast strategy and everything else is garbage. If your drivers are close to each other they share a pit space and the second car will have to wait to get their service.

An offline mode would be nice, but it does make it more interesting when it is a real person you are racing. MM would get too predictable and easy to win.