Official F1 Manager Game Launches for Android and iOS

I was kind of interested, but then I saw "Free to Play" which generally means pay to win or progress.
There is an MT mechanism - you can buy "bucks" for money, and spend them on upgrades or in-game coins (which can also be used for upgrades) - but I can't say it's bothered me so far. It spits coins and crates (with coins, bucks and upgrades in them) at you pretty regularly, but bucks are slower progress.

Screenshot_20190514-013737_F1 Manager.jpg

I beat someone else's Lewis Hamilton (level 7 driver) with both my Albon and Stroll earlier, with pit "strategy". Hope he didn't spend any money on that!

Screenshot_20190514-092931_F1 Manager.jpg

The race animation is super choppy though, and you really are guessing at some of the tyre/fuel "strategy".

Last edited:
Though like all apps available there, this game's unplayable without online. Wish there's a paid app I can play offline.

I was kind of interested, but then I saw "Free to Play" which generally means pay to win or progress.

So I'm giving it a miss.

Agreed. Went back to a few mobile games last year and even the ones that were once good have been bought by a new publisher and they've added a tonne more micro transactions...

You also need to have Facebook to have a game save if you want to have to option to switch device or it you want to continue after a clean install or reinstall of the app...

I actually think it is a bit better than Motorsport Manager, but that is probably the age of the last version I played. The mechanics are roughly similar. I agree that the play to win hasn't bothered me yet. Tire strategy does matter, specifically there usually is 1 fast strategy and everything else is garbage. If your drivers are close to each other they share a pit space and the second car will have to wait to get their service.

An offline mode would be nice, but it does make it more interesting when it is a real person you are racing. MM would get too predictable and easy to win.

I'm hoping they're freeing up the F1 Manager name for a 'Football Manager' full fat F1 manager game to come out in the future.

I know there's Motorsport Manager but I didn't think it was in any way similar to how a real F1 race plays out. Overtaking was far too easy and sometimes cars would be side by side for half a lap...

I played as Red Bull (or whatever the equivalent was) twice on separate occasions when they were the third fastest team and managed to win both races quite comfortably by splitting strategies. I found it difficult to get any satisfaction out of a game that doesn't simulate the sport.

I'm hoping they're freeing up the F1 Manager name for a 'Football Manager' full fat F1 manager game to come out in the future.

I know there's Motorsport Manager but I didn't think it was in any way similar to how a real F1 race plays out. Overtaking was far too easy and sometimes cars would be side by side for half a lap...

I played as Red Bull (or whatever the equivalent was) twice on separate occasions when they were the third fastest team and managed to win both races quite comfortably by splitting strategies. I found it difficult to get any satisfaction out of a game that doesn't simulate the sport.
Yeah, but the game not simulating the sport has an advantage such as bring free to create a fantastical and immersive world around its drivers, cars and tracks. It's free to do things that the license would’ve normally restricted and creating an alternate world. Unless you talk about the race mechanics not being realistic.

Yeah, but the game not simulating the sport has an advantage such as bring free to create a fantastical and immersive world around its drivers, cars and tracks. It's free to do things that the license would’ve normally restricted and creating an alternate world. Unless you talk about the race mechanics not being realistic.

Yeah it's the race mechanics I'm not fond of.

Apparently the modding community is fantastic for Motorsport Manager so maybe there is a mod that simulates F1 far better than the original base game.

Back