Official GranTracker Thread

What do you mean by "manually added a race".
I meant using the "Add a custom race letter" feature. I'd already downloaded the update for the standard 3 dailies on Monday, then today I added a new race letter for the GTWS race.

I meant using the "Add a custom race letter" feature. I'd already downloaded the update for the standard 3 dailies on Monday, then today I added a new race letter for the GTWS race.
I get it now. I thought you meant you manually added a race result, and I couldn't figure out how you did it, because I haven't implemented that yet! :lol:

I'll check it out. Thanks for the report.

Here's another bug report for you
Code:
App Version: 3.1.1

message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getRows')
at file:///C:/tools/GranTracker/resources/app/src/renderer/ui/tabulatorTableHelper.js:1057:27

Stack Trace:
at file:///C:/tools/GranTracker/resources/app/src/renderer/ui/tabulatorTableHelper.js:1057:27
It happens fairly repeatably after I've manually added an extra race or two. It doesn't happen when I add the races, it happens when I import a result from a screenshot for one the added races. The good news is when I restart I find the import has worked and every thing is okay.
Unfortunately I can't duplicate the problem.

We can just let it go, unless you want to try and help figure it out.

If you think you can duplicate the problem, then do the following:
  1. Add the new Custom Race and save.
  2. Import a race that hopefully causes the issue.
If you DON"T get a crash but want to try again, close GranTracker and open it again before repeating step 1-2 above. Or just give up.

If you DO get a crash, send me:
  • The most recent "normal" zip file in the Backups folder. The file timestamp (NOT the file name) should be around when you saved the new custom race.
  • The details of the new custom race you entered.
  • The screenshot file you used.
You can send it to me as a PM here.

Thanks.

Was able to get the app Grantracker.com on my Mac. thanks for the very clear directions, the wording used was slightly different for my macOS is running Sonoma 14.5 . So I turned on my PS5 and took a screen shot from my profile page and was trying to drop it on thegrandtracker app to see if that might work and it came back saying : "the Image aspect ratio must be 16:9" so I came here and tried searching with these words to see first if someone else had the same issue I could read and figure it out and not bother you. I tried to reformat the image to 16.9 aspect and even changed on my phone and retook but think I am going about adding it incorrectly.

I am semi retired and have even been in some races with you a couple of months back and that's where I learned about what you were doing but got distracted with something else but now I am so into GT7 and when I got the PSVR2 for Christmas, and a 3 months later a Logitech pro wheels and pedal coming from a G923, wow my ratings took a hit from DR/B to DR/D SR is usually an "S" but occasionally goes to "A" I don't seek to take out other racers and not vengeful.

Here is my screen shot from today;
IMG_1431.JPG

also haven't won many races but just love the thrill of being immersed in the race, have an understanding wife helps ;)
IMG_1430.JPG

Last edited:
The size of the screenshot above is 1024x576, which is indeed 16:9, but it needs to be at least 1920x1080.

How are you taking the screenshot? Are you using the PS5's "Take Screenshot" feature? And how are you transferring the screenshot to your Mac?

Amen to that!
Thanks for getting back so quickly, was not using the screen shot feature on the PS5 will try that and then try to figure out how to get on my Mac first, then follow up with questions if I get stuck. BTW, Where about in So Cal are you, I am in Santa Monica?

Thanks for getting back so quickly
No problem!
was not using the screen shot feature on the PS5
Yeah, that's a must.
will try that and then try to figure out how to get on my Mac first
I use a USB thumb drive - it's the easiest. You can save up a few of them before bringing them over to the mac - the PS5 names the files with the date and time, so your races will have that part correct. But you'll want to save (write down) your start and finish position.
Where about in So Cal are you, I am in Santa Monica?
I'm in Orange County (Placentia), relatively near Disneyland.

I am using a USB Stick (Format exFat) and make three screenshots (Starting Position at begin, Ending Position and profile page), because i am also using VR2 and i don‘t want to take off the vr2.

I am using a USB Stick (Format exFat) and make three screenshots (Starting Position at begin, Ending Position and profile page), because i am also using VR2 and i don‘t want to take off the vr2.
Excellent idea!

I tried the VR2, but unfortunately I couldn't overcome the motion sickness - which wasn't really a surprise since I get motion sickness easily anyway. Too bad, because it looked pretty cool!

Thanks for getting back so quickly, was not using the screen shot feature on the PS5 will try that and then try to figure out how to get on my Mac first, then follow up with questions if I get stuck. BTW, Where about in So Cal are you, I am in Santa Monica?
I'm near Westwood and I've wound up in a few lobbies with GrumpyOldMan. I've been pretty focused on TTs rather than races lately but I think I'm going to make a push for A+ in the not so distant future so if you see C. Rackhaed in a lobby give me a shout.

I use a USB thumb drive - it's the easiest. You can save up a few of them before bringing them over to the mac - the PS5 names the files with the date and time, so your races will have that part correct. But you'll want to save (write down) your start and finish position.
"I am not so tech savvy but will ask a neighbor.

I also at the end of the race always save the race which I can always go back and write down the starting position and finishing shows up on the first view screen. sometimes I remove the VR head set and take a snapshot. Always on the few races I have won :lol:

Also since I create my own liveries will always change the color of the car for each race. The liveries I have remain the same and changing the color ahead of time is so easy.

Hopefully will figure this out by the weekend, gotta find a thumb drive now. :yuck:

to use the vr2 in GT is awsome and only in GT7 i didn't get motionsthickness and that's very good. In Online Racing i had sometimes problems to see where the other cars are and you can't see the positions and pit stops.
Also no motion sickness for me either. My neighbor use to race real cars and came over and tried out my set up in VR and said he also had motion sickness, but did some research and said that you can train your eye muscles so that you will not. He will be back!

Yes I only do online races now and 95% of the time in VR. Unfortunately Race C is longer with pitstops and as a VR driver we are at a disadvantage when it comes to when knowing if your competition changed tires and knowing how far ahead or behind your are. We have the advantage in VR of taking and hitting the Apex more accurately and consistently closer than others.

Will probably never get to race against you Brinki cuz you're in Germany. (that is so cool) Hope to visit there some day!

I'm near Westwood and I've wound up in a few lobbies with GrumpyOldMan. I've been pretty focused on TTs rather than races lately but I think I'm going to make a push for A+ in the not so distant future so if you see C. Rackhaed in a lobby give me a shout.
Wow, so close. I am near Bristol Farms on Wilshire. Will keep an eye out for you but if you're in the "A" lobbies, most likely not. If you ever wanna try out PSVR2 give me a shout out and will see if we can set something up. Time trials have about 5 or 6 online friends who we compare the different TT's which is good to see what time they were able to post. The YouTuber I first watched to grind credits to be able to buy so many cars his site is naffantait@youtube.com
He has his own racing league and I've gotta tell him about this Grand Tracker for his subscribers that are so interested in this.

Oops sorry GrumpyOldMan for taking this off topic.

Also since I create my own liveries will always change the color of the car for each race. The liveries I have remain the same and changing the color ahead of time is so easy.
I do the same, although I don't always change the color for each race. It depends more on whether I think my color will stand out better, and also when I'm having bad luck I'll change the color.
Oops sorry GrumpyOldMan for taking this off topic.
It's not a terrible problem, but it probably would be better to continue it on the other thread.
I am not so tech savvy but will ask a neighbor.
It's pretty easy to use the thumb drive. If you need help, ask me some specific questions and I'll see what I can do.

Back