Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some crazy mods at the Tokyo show!

The painted rear wing thing is a nice touch. The custom wings helped the look of the cars a bit, but with them all being black they still stood out too much. I think it's a good sign that they are working towards further customisation before GT7.

Now that's a nice blog post. Info about Tokyo Auto Salon and some upcoming Japanese motorsports for 2015, and a nice tidbit of info about GT6 at the end of the article.

Why can't they post more like that? It doesn't even have to be anything significant. Just a small update with a "what are we working on currently" note.

I swore I saw a suggestion for a paintable rear wings in the Features Suggestions section. If anyone knows it, please tell me. :)

I had to look up the term Ken and Mary:

From the blog:
This may be a combination of the popularity of FIA GT3 cars; cars based on commercial cars made low and wide, plus the 1970′s styles in Japan where the boxy skylines and Ken/Mary Skylines were popular.

Wikipedia:
The C110 Skyline was better known as the "Ken & Mary" or "Kenmeri" (ケンメリ) Skyline, stemming from the advertisement campaign in Japan at the time which featured a young couple (Ken and Mary) who relaxed and enjoyed the countryside in Ken and Mary's Skyline (ケンとメリーのスカイライン).

I think that the KPGC110's description in GTPSP/GT5/GT6 mentions the Ken and Mary term as well.

This is kind of nice. I can see it being used as a differentiating highlight for teams in series. Just need something like paint able mirrors or something. Better than having tacky coloured wheels.

Just more evidence for me that we will get a lot (maybe Livery editor and swaps) more customization in GT7.

I think with all that combined, there's gonna be a hell of a lot more then a brick being flipped.

If a livery editor doesn't turn up in GT7, people are gonna flip a brick.

Exactly and with the Japanese car culture being that mental (they always have been it's been cranked to 11 lately), PD must surely understand that, I honestly am 80-90% sure we will get a Livery editor.

If a livery editor doesn't turn up in GT7, people are gonna flip a brick.

Quote me on this...

GT7 will be graphical improvements (standard cars notwithstanding), 32 car racing, and maybe some AI improvement. A few new tracks and cars as well.

No livery editor.
Improved sounds only on 'new to GT7' cars.
Damage will be the same

They already told you what to expect from GT7 when they said standards would make a return. Stop pining for it... its just going to be more of the same. I'd rather they improve and finish GT6.

Heh. Paintable spoilers huh? How bout some paintable tires next?

C24208RED.jpg

I had to look up the term Ken and Mary:

From the blog:

Wikipedia:
My favourite GT-R. Still Standard. Still fun. :D

But on that subject, never mind paintable wings, we need tyre size options - the capability is built in, but there is a content barrier in the form of setting sensible limits per car.

Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back