Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest though, "In a Casual way" in the description regarding a blog pretty much told me it wasn't going to be the news site Gran-Turismo.com is.

Its definitely about Gran Turismo, just not solely focused on the game as many were expecting.

Yay, more race cars. :(

YOAjbdy.gif

What's wrong with more cars? especially real life race cars?

And IF that car makes it to GT6, it would be a good thing in my opinion.

My opinion is that GT has been adding far too many race cars in recent years, and not enough "everyday" type cars like a normal person might actually drive on the road. More cars is good, but when there's a whole world of cars out there to choose from I think it's OK for me to have an opinion on what is chosen.

Good for you if you're excited for another race car. I'm not.

But more real life cars like what some people want *Smug Face*

56f12971_rvMr6.jpeg

My opinion is that GT has been adding far too many race cars in recent years, and not enough "everyday" type cars like a normal person might actually drive on the road. More cars is good, but when there's a whole world of cars out there to choose from I think it's OK for me to have an opinion on what is chosen.

It seems people want GT to be more of a Racing Simulator and less of the game it was. So maybe PD might be trying to cater to that? Not really sure myself but as much as I like race cars (If you couldn't already tell :lol:), I too think the game needs a more balanced Race car/Road car ratio.

As long as they add the new 2015 GT-R and NSX Super GT cars i'm all good , maybe chuck in there the GT300 Prius...

@Imari you got a point but they also add race cars because you'll never drive them too , nobody here will ever drive the 787b for example , so that's why racing games exist , so you can drive stuff you never will drive in the real world.

I respect your opinion, I can understand why you'd say that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, my opinion is completely different, I don't think they've added enough premium race cars. @JoaoSilva perfectly explained why more race cars are needed:

Me too , the only problem with GT is that you can't do a proper grid of race cars of the same class , and no multi class racing.

And @fortbo has a point,
I will say it here, GT should be a racing sim and current racing cars are a must. I would take a 2015 R18 E-Tron over a Mclaren P1 any day.
👍

The thing that got me into Gran Turismo in the first place was it's vast catalog of cars with it's large range of daily drivers to the rarest of supercars, most of which you could optionally turn into full on race cars if you so desired. Compared to other sims, GT is beaten hands down in terms of actual physics simulation, recreating a real life race day atmosphere, rules and procedures. Therefore, if it begins to lack in it's only advantage/uniqueness (road cars), I see no reason to pick up the next Gran Turismo over any other racing sim out there that do a much better job of reconstructing real life motorsports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back