Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that GT has been adding far too many race cars in recent years, and not enough "everyday" type cars like a normal person might actually drive on the road. More cars is good, but when there's a whole world of cars out there to choose from I think it's OK for me to have an opinion on what is chosen.

Good for you if you're excited for another race car. I'm not.

Go play driveclub or Need for Speed then.

It's minor, but it's a matter of respect, they spelled Infiniti "Infinity" too.

Yeah , how can they be so disrespectful towards him even tho Kaz hung out with him and they probably had a great time , shame on you PD , shame on you.

It's already corrected btw , they are humans too , they make mistakes , are you gonna judge them just because they misspelled his name? Cut them some slack people , geez.

Yeah , how can they be so disrespectful towards him even tho Kaz hung out with him and they probably had a great time , shame on you PD , shame on you.

It's already corrected btw , they are humans too , they make mistakes , are you gonna judge them just because they misspelled his name? Cut them some slack people , geez.
Internet: Serious business.

It seems people want GT to be more of a Racing Simulator and less of the game it was. So maybe PD might be trying to cater to that?

Maybe, maybe not.

I think people forget that if you count the cars in GT1 and GT2 by the modern standards, they were almost half race cars. Almost every model could be race modified.

GT5 and GT6 count those as extra models, but GT1 and GT2 didn't. GT1 probably had well over 200 cars by modern standards, and GT2 was probably nearing 1000 at least.

That's the game that GT was, one that was half race cars. So why do I dislike that they're adding more race cars?

I don't dislike them because they're race cars. More cars are a good thing. However, the difference between modern GT and old GT is that most of the race cars were linked to their road going counterparts where possible. If there were to be an RCF race car in GT2 then there would be a stock road going RCF, and you could tune and upgrade that. Possibly the race modification turns the road going RCF into the GT3 version.

That's the GT that I loved, the one that married road going cars with racing. That showed the links between them. That allowed you to build up from daily driver to street monster to full on race machine.

There are cars for which this style doesn't work, like the 787B or the HSV-010. That's fine, those should be included too, they're remarkable cars. But wherever possible I think PD should be aiming to include the "road to race" style that was so prominent in their early games.

If anything, GT is less of a racing simulator today than it used to be. Ignoring stuff like physics, which were constrained by the hardware at the time, the overall design of the game was much more geared towards racing.

You may be right that they're trying to make it more racing-ish, but if so I think that they're missing the point. If people want to go straight to race cars, there's stuff like the F1 games or pCARS for that. GT used to offer something else, the relationship between road and race, and I think that they're missing that.

Me too , the only problem with GT is that you can't do a proper grid of race cars of the same class , and no multi class racing.

This too.

I'd be a lot more amenable to lots of race cars if they were building a grid for a series. I'd rather have a full LMP grid than one each of a bunch of different series. A racing simulator should attempt to be able to simulate real races, and you need enough for a grid of cars for that.

Neither of which are even remotely simulations.

Maybe you should go play Angry Forum Simulator 2015. ;)

You want a game for racecars, go play pCARS :rolleyes:

....such a childish stance.

I think @Imari hit the nail on the head, about GT bridging the gap between road cars and racecars. There's lots of games out there dedicated to street racing, and there's even more that are dedicated race sims. What there is a lack of is a game that allows you to experience things like grassroots racing, club racing, etc.

I think the introduction of online in GT5 has greatly changed the dynamic of the game, as the social aspect of car culture has become a rather big part of the GT online experience.

There's also much more diversity now in terms of what people are actually doing in GT. Track days, tandem drifting, drag racing, cruising, cops & robbers, photo runs, montage videos...the list keeps going...have all become pretty prevelent aspects of the online community. Of course, these go along with any all the various forms of racing possible.

In my opinion, a Nurburgring Touristenfarten lobby is as valuable to the overall online community as dedicated LMP or GT500 lobby is.

I'll never understand why some people don't seem to be able to grasp the idea that there is a large group of people out there who want experience a wide array of road cars in a game that has a good physics engine. Just because people like driving road cars doesn't mean they don't like legit racing, and also doesn't mean they have a desire to play NFS.

Read this. It was never supposed to be a Gran Turismo news website.
To be slightly more precise, it is meant to be a Gran Turismo "blog-style service" that takes "an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news."

It is also a place for fans to leave comments via Facebook, which the official website doesn't cater for.

What it isn't is a GT6 dedicated website.

It seems to fulfill it's purpose quite well from what I've seen.

To be slightly more precise, it is meant to be a Gran Turismo "blog-style service" that takes "an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news."

It is also a place for fans to leave comments via Facebook, which the official website doesn't cater for.

What it isn't is a GT6 dedicated website.

It seems to fulfill it's purpose quite well from what I've seen.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way

Yes, I have the ability to read what you posted earlier.

The full quote is ...
"The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news."

And your point is ... ?

The full quote is ...
"The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news."

And your point is ... ?
Started here. You can follow the rest.

The full quote is ...

And your point is ... ?

There was barely anything regarding the game at all there. More like

"so Kaz was there to talk"

"GT banner was there"

"Kaz had a race there"

"there was a GT competition there"

but nothing about the game itself like the sound article in the beginning. There's no need to share all the secrets and perhaps the articles about the production process would dry up quite fast but still they could've made few of them.

Here's what I and maybe others here had in mind:

More about sound

About car modeling

About the beginning of GT

PS3 limits

Track modeling

Traveling to scan cars

Meeting owners of famous cars

Meet the PD team

and so on.

There was barely anything regarding the game at all there. More like

"so Kaz was there to talk"

"GT banner was there"

"Kaz had a race there"

"there was a GT competition there"

but nothing about the game itself like the sound article in the beginning. There's no need to share all the secrets and perhaps the articles about the production process would dry up quite fast but still they could've made few of them.

Here's what I and maybe others here had in mind:

More about sound

About car modeling

About the beginning of GT

PS3 limits

Track modeling

Traveling to scan cars

Meeting owners of famous cars

Meet the PD team

and so on.
Exactly:tup: I thought we'd see bio's and interviews of various team members, introducing a more personal side to PD. More detailed (without giving away and secrets) analysis of what actually goes into modeling a car from scratch, perhaps following the process in real time of bringing a car to the game. Searching out and doing some interviews with famous GT fans, including pictures of the man (or woman) caves.

We were promised a blog about GT6. Instead, for the most part, we got everything but:tdown:

Wow.
Where does the Editors opening post describing the purpose of the PitStop blog state anything regarding GT6.

"Hello everyone, this is the PITSTOP Editorial Team.

We’ve created a new place for sharing information with Gran Turismo fans: the “Gran Turismo PIT STOP”.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news.

At PIT STOP, a variety of authors in addition to its writers will be posting articles from all over the world. Visitors can also leave comments on these articles as well, but please keep in mind that there may be cases in which inappropriate comments or those that are unrelated to the topic in question may be deleted. You will need to login with a Facebook account in order to be able to leave a comment.

We are hoping that this new communication channel will be a great way to bring all GT fans together in a dedicated community platform, so please come join us!"

I'm fairly certain I pointed that out rather clearly just a few posts ago.

And yet ...

We were promised a blog about GT6. Instead, for the most part, we got everything but:tdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back