Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the original creator of the thread has abandoned it because of constant communication complaints or the thread going a completely different direction. The thread stays on topic for a couple posts, then falls back to communication complaints until another article is posted.

While that's likely, it should also be pointed out that the thread OP simply hasn't been present on GTP much this year.

While that's likely, it should also be pointed out that the thread OP simply hasn't been present on GTP much this year.

Well, you can hardly blame him, what with all the disrespect, anger, the closet fan base rebellion, theoretical blog dynamics and race car emoticons clogging up his thread.

Again, your narrow definition of what is and is not a GT fan is nothing more than self serving and short sighted. All us discontented fans of the series post here because we want things to change, we want the game overhauled and brought back to being the kind of game we loved for many years. It's ok for you to disagree with our opinion of the state of the game and the franchise, but you don't get to decide on our behalf whether we are fans of the game or the franchise.

It's surprising how often the "no true Scotsman" fallacy comes up when fan on fan action arises.

They coudn't even spell Stirling Moss properly.:rolleyes:

Sad and disrespectful at the same time:tdown:.

Mikel Shoemakker and Airten Sennah say hello.

pitsop blog
The Mercedes SLR driven by Sir Sterling Moss. 7 out of 8 cars existing in the world gathered at Goodwood this year.

The true living legend, Sir Stirling Moss.
As it's been spelled corectly the 2nd time, that'll be a simple typo made by someone who is probably not even using their own alphabet, never mind language.

Why does every single simple error have to be picked apart so minutely? Spell Stirling's name wrong? How dare they? It's as if they've just killed your mother...

As it's been spelled corectly the 2nd time, that'll be a simple typo made by someone who is probably not even using their own alphabet, never mind language.

Why does every single simple error have to be picked apart so minutely? Spell Stirling's name wrong? How dare they? It's as if they've just killed your mother...
I'm sorry to have caused this mess and want to apologize. Strangely, the first time I read the article both times it was Sterling.

Their translations are usually fine, and you'd think as a close Nissan partner they would avoid the common Infiniti misspelling. @Ferraridriver27 noted it in a simple one line post which was followed by an overproportion of reactions criticising him. Neither he nor anyone else who mentioned it said that it's a huge deal, that's an implication of the reacting posts to have something to pick upon.

Was thinking the same myself, interesting to see the human drama Kaz and his team have achieved. :lol:
Their translations are usually fine, and you'd think as a close Nissan partner they would avoid the common Infiniti misspelling. @Ferraridriver27 noted it in a simple one line post which was followed by an overproportion of reactions criticising him. Neither he nor anyone else who mentioned it said that it's a huge deal, that's an implication of the reacting posts to have something to pick upon.
It is probably due to autocorrect.

preferredpunishment.gif

:gtpflag:

Has it really been 6 months already?

What is meant by this comment?

And yet again you have regurgitated an old quote of mine (which you have done before playing these silly games) from a completely different thread.
What I posted in that thread was totally within reason.
That thread has absolutely nothing to do with the topic in this thread.
And yet you can't help yourself but post that quote and twist it to take it way out of context in an attempt to promote it as something it wasn't.

Sad.

My apologies.
I bite my tongue most times.

But please understand, when I am quoted and then the responder doesn't address anything in my post, and instead decides to leave a snide remark and then quote me so ridiculously out of context that it is essentially deliberately misleading, I'm going to respond to set the record straight.

The way the blog is described doesn't exclude the type of articles I mentioned. In fact why would they post the article about sounds if it did ?

Then there was article about how the PD staff went to the Ring to get the "racing feel" to make the better game.

That was all great but shortly after it all stopped.

You're making it out as if the description totally justifies the content but it doesn't.

In fact it's quite the opposite - "about Gran Turismo" means "about Gran Turismo" and not "about everything AROUND Gran Turismo, Kaz, sponsorships and races"

To me it implies that first and foremost we will learn about "Gran Turismo - the game" because first and foremost we are the players of the game.

Instead it's now "Gran Turismo - the culture".
Good reasoned response. 👍

It seems we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Each to their own.
And if you initially expected more from the blog, then you are entitled to be disappointed.

But it seems fair to me, after comfortably well over 12 months of PitStop Blog posts, that surely there is now enough precedence of what type of posts we should expect.
Whether people are personally happy with those posts doesn't change the fact that we all should be well aware of the type of posts that will more than likely appear on this blog.

So for people to continually complain every time a new post is added simply because it doesn't suit their expectations, seems to me to be complaining just for the sake of complaining.

We should all know by now what to expect.
If you're interested, read it.
If not, don't bother.

But to complain about every post, after the history of the blog is well established, ... ??

Good reasoned response. 👍

It seems we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Each to their own.
And if you initially expected more from the blog, then you are entitled to be disappointed.

But it seems fair to me, after comfortably well over 12 months of PitStop Blog posts, that surely there is now enough precedence of what type of posts we should expect.
Whether people are personally happy with those posts doesn't change the fact that we all should be well aware of the type of posts that will more than likely appear on this blog.

So for people to continually complain every time a new post is added simply because it doesn't suit their expectations, seems to me to be complaining just for the sake of complaining.

If not, don't bother.

But to complain about every post, after the history of the blog is well established, ... ??
But to complain about every poster who doesn't agree with my reasoning, ... ??

Pretty sure my original post was completely relevant to the Pit Stop Blog.

Once again, I'll respond if others wish to challenge my posts on a personal level.
And it's no surprise to many, that those that always have a go at my posts are the same usual suspects.

Perhaps you should have thought about not replying to a post made on July 12 and starting an argument on the PITSTOP BLOG!

Last edited:
I replied to a post that directly quoted me.

My apologies if my frequency of visiting this forum is a little lax according to your standards.

And BTW, I simply acknowledged and accepted the posters reply.
I then put forward my interpretation.
I instigated no argument in any shape or form, unless you consider me stating my personal opinion as an immediate form of argument.

Do you have anything to say regarding my comment of the history of the Pit Stop Blog?
Do you not agree the history of the topics posted on the Pit Stop Blog is well and truly established?
Or do you simply wish to attack my apparent slow response because it isn't up to your standards?

My mistake I guess. Looked to me like you weren't commenting on any of the content of the blog at all, but rather just complaining for the sake of complaining, not about the blog, but about those that continue to express their dissatisfaction in the direction the blog has taken and how far it has strayed from it's intended purpose, ... ??

If not, don't bother.
But, back on topic I guess.

Probably fair to say that I'm not a huge fan regarding the results of regional GT Academy finals.
Interested to a point, but not that keen on knowing the results.

But, although I guess it's in someway understandable, the preference towards posting largely Japanese events only seems a little out of kilter to me.
Is there a reason we don't get blog posts for, let's say, the US , UK, or Aus. GT Academy finals?
More international guest blog posters perhaps?

That being said, this latest post is at this stage purely for the Japanese language site.
So I guess there's some logic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back