Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i will get flamed for this but i'm gonna say it anyway; i find a lot of GT fans a bit naive to say the least; sales are down a lot for GT6, many reviews are worse than ever before, tons of people have been complaining for a long time now that the series is going down the drain and PD isn't doing anything about it, so they practically HAD to do something to counter all the negative feedback no? (especially in light of the sales numbers).

Even despite all of that this community had to make the first step and literally go knock on their door in order for them to acknowledge something (anything) and now, because of this, they decide to start a blog where they will communicate more with the fans...

Immediately many here look like a dog that has just been thrown a small bone and is wagging it's tail for whatever it's master chucks at them next. I find it all a bit pathetic to be honest, if any other developer would have treated their fans like the ugly girl at the dance as PD did so far, they wouldn't have gotten away with it this easily just by starting a bloody blog.
Here you go buddy:cheers:

Flame suit.jpg

I agree with the first part, but to say that "many here look like a dog" is a bit too much. I think you have to realize that PD is a fairly small company compared to, let's say Turn10 (who probably have their own marketing department), so it really takes a lot of effort for PD to even develop the game, let alone communicate with fans.

You also have to realize that most people at PD probably don't even speak English at all, which may have been the main reason they didn't previously communicate as much. Even now with PitStop, all the blog posts has to first be translated by someone, which is rather time consuming. I honestly think PD is putting a lot of time/effort into this... I mean, they could've just had Sony Entertainment set up a blog, but instead they've created a blog that they themselves manage, which is quite something!

So there's nothing wrong with fans appreciating PD's effort in trying to reach out to the community...yes, this communication was long overdue, but hey, better late than never! Be thankful that it's finally here (and hopeful that it'll last).
Hire someone bilingual, it's not hard. Problem solved.

People were constantly complaining about lack of communication. Communication happens, people complain that there is communication.

It seems complaining is the new gaming.
The reason why I left most German message boards, annoying that this trend can bee seen here too nowadays.
Constructive citicism is okay, but seeing the same people spamming the same threads over and over is getting tiresome. No wonder @amar212 rather posts on NeoGAF than here.

grumpyToko said
Ugh, why is there no grass in all tracks? Why are there only certain amount of cars that have interiors? Why on earth is there no Course Maker? WHY IS THAT NISSAN VGT CAR SO UGLY!? RAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't they get anything right!? I said I wanted a livery editor, not communication!
:lol:

Last edited:
@SSQES

grumpyToko said
Ugh, everyday there are those who complain about me complaining all the time? Why can't they understand that I'm just trying to help improve the franchise the way "I" want it to be? You know what, I [instert bad language here]

Hope the mods don't me adding my little friend here, I think I'm having a lot of fun having this guy complain instead of me. :lol:

Last edited:
Announcing you "reached a turning point" in recording sounds eleven years ago, is hardly an update for GT6 and sound issues. That sounds like...GT4? Before my GT5/GT6 time.

So far, telling us getting sounds to appear authentic is difficult is deemed an answer in the Q&A thread. Sounds like a Ouija board response, not informational.

Announcing you "reached a turning point" in recording sounds eleven years ago, is hardly an update for GT6 and sound issues. That sounds like...GT4? Before my time.

So far, telling us getting sounds to appear authentic is difficult is deemed an answer in the Q&A thread. Sounds like a Ouija board response, really!

How are you arriving at such definite conclusions when they have only put up two parts of their series of posts addressing sound issues? You kinda have to let them finish first.

How are you arriving at such definite conclusions when they have only put up two parts of their series of posts addressing sound issues? You kinda have to let them finish first.

When... December? What year?

So far he hasn't shared anything, really.

Difficult? Check.
Tried other methods in past? Check.

GT6? ....

That is not 'answered' in my opinion.

When... December? What year?

So far he hasn't shared anything, really.

I repeat, the blog's not even been up for five whole days.

Difficult? Check.
Tried other methods in past? Check.

GT6? ....

That is not 'answered' in my opinion.

He's addressed two of the three aspects you'd expect him to address with the two parts that have been posted so far, as you Americans say, do the math.

Where is this? I want to have a laugh too... :lol:
Oh I just write out the name, than bold it, and I begin writing out what he saids. :) It really feels a lot more better, and funner, to have my imaginary person complain for laughs. :lol:

He's addressed two of the three aspects you'd expect him to address with the two parts that have been posted so far, as you Americans say, do the math.

The posted question had several parts: Where is the update? When is the Update? How will you do the new sounds?

Which two did Kaz answer? My math says one, albeit ummm, not here. Jordan must have thought Kaz's answer was fine (or whatever Moderator put the Answered icon on the thread in Q&A) but Kaz has not answered.

Yes, PD cracked open a line of possible communication they hadn't opened before, but not much has come out so far. I am just not yet trusting I will get any useful information if the responses thus far count as "answers" to the requested info on sound updates: Where? When? How?

At best, Kaz has 1 for Where...(not here), 0 for the When and another 0 for some backstory background info on How.

I am not even hugely interested in Sound, I am more interested in the process of if or how PD may eventually respond to inquiries about features or bugs.Personally , I had hoped for a Course Creator and a Livery editor - even a few vinyl stripe options and numbers would be nice(r). In time, Kaz may answer some of those questions in the Q&A thread. We'll see.

Last edited:
The posted question had several parts: Where is the update? When is the Update? How will you do the new sounds?

Which two did Kaz answer? My math says one, albeit ummm, not here. Jordan must have thought Kaz's answer was fine (or whatever Moderator put the Answered icon on the thread in Q&A) but Kaz has not answered.

Yes, PD cracked open a line of possible communication they hadn't opened before, but not much has come out so far. I am just not yet trusting I will get any useful information if the responses thus far count as "answers" to the requested info on sound updates: Where? When? How?

At best, Kaz has 1 for Where...(not here), 0 for the When and another 0 for some backstory background info on How.
Well there maybe more than 3 parts to his posts on sound. Currently he's at the nurb 24hr race (lavishly blowing the £35 or £10/£15 profit I generously gave him)((sarcasm)). So if part 3 isn't up to your expectations, let us know. Maybe next week we can expect the rest. Until he's finished his posts on sound, keep your hair on.

I am not even hugely interested in Sound, I am more interested in the process of if or how PD may eventually respond to inquiries about features or bugs.Personally , I had hoped for a Course Creator and a Livery editor - even a few vinyl stripe options and numbers would be nice(r). In time, Kaz may answer some of those questions in the Q&A thread. We'll see.

Pitstop Handlebar bug.

Tourist Trophy 2 confirmed

Well there maybe more than 3 parts to his posts on sound. Currently he's at the nurb 24hr race (lavishly blowing the £35 or £10/£15 profit I generously gave him)((sarcasm)). So if part 3 isn't up to your expectations, let us know. Maybe next week we can expect the rest. Until he's finished his posts on sound, keep your hair on.

I'm actually going to have to go ahead and disagree with Sircarltonlotus on this one. Please DON'T tell us if part 3 isn't up to your expectations...

@ironman44321

grumpyToko said
Well my expectations is that promised sound update better be in GT6 after part 3 has been written! I don't want to wait till next year or far into the future when everybody, even PD, are dead. I want it NOW!!! What's taking them so long, my girlfriend is literally yelling at me for ignoring her while I'm typing this, GRRR! :mad:

Last edited:
I guess I can expect to check those who claim 'answers' when they have not really appeared then, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back