Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
Merely hours after this update came out and the Toyota is already my most used car; it has the most wins of any of my cars, and the most distance on the odometer.

Will be uploading photos of both the car and my personal stats for it in a short while.

Toyota on top just like it should have been last week. I had 1 quick spin and a corner cut penalty.
DSC_0340.jpg

I love this car. It breezed to victory, in Le Mans spec, at the 24m of Spa too.

Last edited:
Wow, a lot of people sure like this car. Too bad I'm low on credits and there's a event in Soul Calibur Broken Swords. :indiff:

I was too until I remembered something: Red Bull.

I'm too lazy to do the championship with the fully fledged one, but the Junior Red Bull challenge is short and pays around 500k per championship run. Do that two or three times, gold the VW VGT seasonal, the TS030 & CCS-R seasonals and BOOM! TS030 kickin' in yo!

I'm too lazy to do the championship with the fully fledged one, but the Junior Red Bull challenge is short and pays around 500k per championship run. Do that two or three times, gold the VW VGT seasonal, the TS030 & CCS-R seasonals and BOOM! TS030 kickin' in yo!
Why? Do with SRF on and tcs 2. Its far shorter with 2 of the race in less than 3 minutes and net >2 Million without even completing the Nurburgring one.

Really? All this time I was doing the Standard championship and getting 200,000 credits per race (which adds up to 1,000,000 just running four races) and the 1,000,000 bonus. Is that also with the maximum log-in bonus?

I golded the Senna challenges. I only got silver and waited for my multiplier to reach 200% again. Good thing too. :D

Even still, I need to do 8 Red Bull races to the car. I usually don't get more than silver on the seasonals so gold is not good for credit earning. I tried the RB standard championship but I never seem to beat Apricot Hill, which means restart. All I do is Silverstone because it's fool proof.

I know it's a bit offtopic but hey, it's a 2 million CR car and it can't be earned by races. I think PD gave up on that microtransactions since the RB update, but that's another story.

I want to hug this car. Lick it. Rub my skin on it. Like...properly weird love. I'm in love with this car to an extent that enters the realm of the abnormal.

It's :censored:ing great.

I had a lot of trouble with races like Apricot Hill 20 mins, the GT World Championship at the Norsdchleife and with the Dream Car Championship: basically, with every event that the AI enters with a McF1GTR/Group C beast and cheats you til' you die death of boredom. The cure? TS030. It'll slap silly whatever Group C car the AI uses. It'll slap ANYTHING to oblivion! And the best part is that you'll have fun doing it. This is a car that's unbelievably pleasing to drive. It's great for begginer and advanced players alike and itll have you grinning as you explore the limits of grip and catapult out of the corners.

It's the single best drive I've driven in GT6. Better even than my beloved Ameniya FD3S. Mind you, high praise right there. I always thought LM cars in GT were undriveable and rarely fun at all, but this...this!!! OMG OMFG ZOMFG ZOMFG KAZ GOOD JOB!

:gtpflag:

tl;dr: It's awesome. Go buy it. And give Kaz feedback on it's awesomeness.

I noticed something odd with this car while driving it on rain, the hybrid meter goes to 100% even though you brake just a bit and sometimes that 100% just turns to 0 in less than a second when you accelerate.

I noticed last night that the hybrid system kicks in from 120kmh. Toyota could have it working from any speed, below 120kmh included, while Audi had to wait until 120kmh because it had 4WD. Minor detail which doesn't detract from it in anyway though.

My only complaint with the TS030 is that FAP is not in the name. So I can't say FAP FAP FAP.

Outside of that, it's a brilliant surprise.

It was the peugeot that was the FAP. I'm currently installing the updates (quite a *long* way behind) so hopefully should get the chance to have a play later today.

How much faster is it compared to the R18? Because in reality the TS030 is a bit faster (but not as reliable). I can't make accurate statements because I can't afford to buy it yet, only drove it in the seasonal.

How much faster is it compared to the R18? Because in reality the TS030 is a bit faster (but not as reliable). I can't make accurate statements because I can't afford to buy it yet, only drove it in the seasonal.
A tiny bit. Maybe 0.8/1.5 seconds over a la Sarthe lap?

I noticed something odd with this car while driving it on rain, the hybrid meter goes to 100% even though you brake just a bit and sometimes that 100% just turns to 0 in less than a second when you accelerate.
Was this in an endurance race?

Because what I've noticed, is that in races where "fuel usage" is sped up, the depletion of the hybrid power is as well.

This is especially noticeable in the 24 minute races, the electric power doesn't last as long. It is treated as a fuel and it's depletion is sped up.

The harvesting of electricity is also sped up in these races it would appear. If you were in an endurance race when noticing this, then that is your answer.

For me it's actually around 3-5 seconds faster with no oil change and reductions in downforce and toe. Top speed in the Audi is something like 317 kph without a ride height change while the Toyota easily does 328 kph in the faster section. These are my observations in Arcade Time Trials with both vehicles using RS tires.

I drove it on the Le Mans time trial. It was disappointing.
Quite understeery, but at least it was just about manageable. What wasn't was its sheer ineptitude at travelling down the Mulsanne. We're talking weeks to get from one chicane to the next.

By the way
I want to hug this car. Lick it. Rub my skin on it. Like...properly weird love. I'm in love with this car to an extent that enters the realm of the abnormal.
Mind if I put this in my sig? Not in the context of the TS030 obviously. As a general statement for something that one would do the above on.

Last edited:
grumpyToko said
GAAAHHH!!! Okay, so I tried this (so called) TT seasonal event because, you know, I LOVE the Toyota TS030 to the point I WANT to merry it because I think it's better than that ugly 🤬 Audi blah blah, and I can't pass it!!! Why can't I pass this stupid event, it's SO DUMB AND HARD!! The car can't even turn through the corners at 180mph like in NFS, it turns like a dumn brick on wheels!!! I'm getting so fustrated AHHHHH!!!

Unlike him, I passed this event. :sly:

Last edited:
Unlike him, I passed this event. :sly:
Same here, my only real mistake was overshooting the turn at the end of the Mulsanne straight on the first run. :P

Aside from that it's actually quite a nice event to get used to the cars hybrid system. :)

This is the 2012 version of this car and that year it was out qualified by some two seconds by both versions of the R18TDI. So it's faster in game but in real life that was not the case.

I think there's a pretty good chance the Audi makes a lot more power than the 540hp+ that was claimed. Either that or the massive shove from all that diesel torque just isn't modeled correctly in GT6 perhaps.

Last edited:
I drove it on the Le Mans time trial. It was disappointing.
Quite understeery, but at least it was just about manageable. What wasn't was its sheer ineptitude at travelling down the Mulsanne. We're talking weeks to get from one chicane to the next.

By the way

Mind if I put this in my sig? Not in the context of the TS030 obviously. As a general statement for something that one would do the above on.

Minimize the downforce and you'll get a pretty good push at high speed. As I mentioned before it's something like 328 kph about 204 mph between Tetre Rouge and the first chicaine down Mulsanne. To get rid of some of the understeer make the front toe 0.00 and the rear 0.20. Also, make sure to use racing soft tires.

This is the 2012 version of this car and that year it was out qualified by some two seconds by both versions of the R15TDI. So it's faster in game but in real life that was not the case.

I think there's a pretty good chance the Audi makes a lot more power than the 540hp+ that was claimed. Either that or the massive shove from all that diesel torque just isn't modeled correctly in GT6 perhaps.

R18's, and it was outqualified at Le Mans by a second but was quicker pretty much everywhere else. The R18 wouldn't have had much more power than they claimed, it was with the new regulations and was quite a bit slower than the 2010 cars. If we wanted to compare the Audi properly we need the 2012 version with the hybrid system.

Back