Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That lamborghini drift trial car image looks so reminescent of the lamborghini competing in the drift championship this year...nice touch.
tumblr_nx5lx3oFHV1rohi97o1_1280.jpg

the nod to this car was also a nice touch.

This gives me some hope that more D1 cars are coming to future GTs :D At least we know that PD is aware of them and thinks they're cool enough to be used as a Seasonal poster 👍 Also hope to see Dai Yoshihara's S13 and that (forgot the driver's name) V8 LFA!

EDIT: I just realized the GT-R is using Rocket Bunny bodykit :eek: BRB I'm gonna recreate that in NFS :D

This gives me some hope that more D1 cars are coming to future GTs :D At least we know that PD is aware of them and thinks they're cool enough to be used as a Seasonal poster 👍 Also hope to see Dai Yoshihara's S13 and that (forgot the driver's name) V8 LFA!

EDIT: I just realized the GT-R is using Rocket Bunny bodykit :eek: BRB I'm gonna recreate that in NFS :D
Its not the one size fits all overfender that is featured in that game, its the newer Pandem line of kits, that is their demo car.

That lamborghini drift trial car image looks so reminescent of the lamborghini competing in the drift championship this year...nice touch.
Haha...PD straight up copied what GTP users were already doing. There have been photos posted on GTP of "drift Lambo, w/Matt Black & green rims" since Daigo's build started showing up on social media 6-8 months ago.

Also, there is no Lambo currently competing in any drift series in the world. The black and green Moster Energy Lambo that everyone is referencing is a demo car built by Daigo Saito, and it's only been used about a half dozen times. It is NOT a compitition car as of yet. He may try to use it for D1GP next year, but there are rumours that he won't, as he wants to build a Ferrari 458 drift car or something like that.

The only "Supercars" currently used in professional drift competions are Daigo Saito's Formula Drift HKS GTR, Robbie Nashida's Formula Drift Japan GTR, Kawabata's D1GP/FDJ GTR, and Imamura's D1GP LFA (which pretty much sucks)

Edit:

Don't get your hopes up. PD has been aware of D1GP, as they are a title sponsor of the series. They have also previously made GT seasonal events coincide with real D1GP events, like back in Spring '14 when they had the drift trial at Fuji on PD's ghetto version of the section. They also did the same thing with Daigo Saito's SC430. When he debuted that car at FDLBC in 2012, PD used a Matt Black SC430 in their poster for whatever drift trial was going on (this is back in GT5). I think they did the same thing when Daigo revealed his HKS GTR, except PD used the picture for a lame ass 4WD drift trial since we can't do drivetrain swaps.

So PD is very aware of the drift scene, they just choose not to include content for whatever reasons.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up. PD has been aware of D1GP, as they are a title sponsor of the series. They have also previously made GT seasonal events coincide with real D1GP events, like back in Spring '14 when they had the drift trial at Fuji on PD's ghetto version of the section. They also did the same thing with Daigo Saito's SC430. When he debuted that car at FDLBC in 2012, PD used a Matt Black SC430 in their poster for whatever drift trial was going on (this is back in GT5). I think they did the same thing when Daigo revealed his HKS GTR, except PD used the picture for a lame ass 4WD drift trial since we can't do drivetrain swaps.

So PD is very aware of the drift scene, they just choose not to include content for whatever reasons.

Maybe not for GT6, but I hope for GT Sport/7 and beyond. We have a couple of D1 cars (FC, Silvia, Blitz R34) already in the game, so it's not like PD is completely averse to including D1GP cars. Probably they just haven't managed to get the licensing or time to model it this time around.

Maybe not for GT6, but I hope for GT Sport/7 and beyond. We have a couple of D1 cars (FC, Silvia, Blitz R34) already in the game, so it's not like PD is completely averse to including D1GP cars. Probably they just haven't managed to get the licensing or time to model it this time around.
All of the D1GP cars, save for the ER34 Blitz Dunlop Skyline (the premium) are standards left over from GT4.

PD has been a title sponsor of D1GP since the early 2000s (not sure of the exact date). GT4 (2004) had 3 D1GP cars (HKS Silvia, Blitz ER34, BP Falken RX7), GT5 (2010) had one addition (Dunlop Blitz ER34), and GT6 (2013) had no new additions.

So PD has been a title sponsor of D1GP for 11+ years. In that time, we have seen a total of 5 drift cars (and technically, we've only seen 1 new drift car in the last 11 years), and not one single mention of anything even remotely resembling a drift competition, let alone actually specifically mentioning D1GP.

Compare that to SuperGT (GT500/300), and the contrast is quite sharp. I don't believe PD sponsors Super GT at all, so there's that bit of oddness, yet we have dozens of Super GT cars, old and new, in the game. In Japan, Super GT is much more popular than D1GP....but outside of Japan, Super GT is a relative unknown, compared with D1GP which is very well know around the world.

I'm sort of rambling, but I'm just saying, based on PDs history, the prospect of seeing more D1GP content in future GT games, to me, seems quite slim. Especially if you take PD's involvement with GT Academy, the FIA world championship thing; and also consider the direction that the current GT3 field is moving in (demands to see a complete lineup of the current GT3 roster in GT7 will be extremely high, based on the growth of the sport IRL, and the popularity of the class which I witness in PCARS). By the time GT7 is ready to come out, there will be a new fleet of DTM and Super GT cars which will be in high demand. Same thing for Aussie V8 Supercars, to a lesser degree. Then there's still NASCAR, F1, LMP, and WTCC/TCR. To me, all of these racing diciplines will take priority over anything drift related, especially if PD wants to go in the "E-Sport" direction.

Basically, if they haven't really given a crap about drift content for the last 10 years, why would they start now, especially as they now have more on their plate than they ever have had.

All of the D1GP cars, save for the ER34 Blitz Dunlop Skyline (the premium) are standards left over from GT4.

PD has been a title sponsor of D1GP since the early 2000s (not sure of the exact date). GT4 (2004) had 3 D1GP cars (HKS Silvia, Blitz ER34, BP Falken RX7), GT5 (2010) had one addition (Dunlop Blitz ER34), and GT6 (2013) had no new additions.

So PD has been a title sponsor of D1GP for 11+ years. In that time, we have seen a total of 5 drift cars (and technically, we've only seen 1 new drift car in the last 11 years), and not one single mention of anything even remotely resembling a drift competition, let alone actually specifically mentioning D1GP.

Compare that to SuperGT (GT500/300), and the contrast is quite sharp. I don't believe PD sponsors Super GT at all, so there's that bit of oddness, yet we have dozens of Super GT cars, old and new, in the game. In Japan, Super GT is much more popular than D1GP....but outside of Japan, Super GT is a relative unknown, compared with D1GP which is very well know around the world.

I'm sort of rambling, but I'm just saying, based on PDs history, the prospect of seeing more D1GP content in future GT games, to me, seems quite slim. Especially if you take PD's involvement with GT Academy, the FIA world championship thing; and also consider the direction that the current GT3 field is moving in (demands to see a complete lineup of the current GT3 roster in GT7 will be extremely high, based on the growth of the sport IRL, and the popularity of the class which I witness in PCARS). By the time GT7 is ready to come out, there will be a new fleet of DTM and Super GT cars which will be in high demand. Same thing for Aussie V8 Supercars, to a lesser degree. Then there's still NASCAR, F1, LMP, and WTCC/TCR. To me, all of these racing diciplines will take priority over anything drift related, especially if PD wants to go in the "E-Sport" direction.

Basically, if they haven't really given a crap about drift content for the last 10 years, why would they start now, especially as they now have more on their plate than they ever have had.

While I agree with the gist of what you said, but it never hurts to hope ;) There hasn't been as much iconic D1 cars over the last few years. The LFA and Murcielago is changing that and it could be the spark that we need, considering how much PD loves to throw in oddball cars. Of course with PD the mantra is always hope for the best, expect the worst :P

If you follow D1, theres a lot of cars people will consider iconic. Hell there hasnt even been a Team Orange car in GT ever so theres a start.

Iconic to the casual people is what I meant. An exotic drift car is more likely to capture people's attention than just another FR Japanese car, even if it is iconic to a D1 fan.

Iconic to the casual people is what I meant. An exotic drift car is more likely to capture people's attention than just another FR Japanese car, even if it is iconic to a D1 fan.

Then again, many iconic cars are in the GT series that aren't iconic to casual fans, like some SUPER GT cars and some of the Can Am cars.

Then again, many iconic cars are in the GT series that aren't iconic to casual fans, like some SUPER GT cars and some of the Can Am cars.

That is true as well. I was merely suggesting to Arixant that if PD is going to include more D1 content, the time is ripe now with the introduction of these new breed of exotic drifters. I'll be happy if they include any new D1 cars, even the obscure ones 👍

The only issue I see with that is the licensing, seeing as even NFS couldnt get overfenders on exotic cars I dont think PD can either. (Plus the lambo hasnt competed in a D1 event yet and the LF-A hasnt done anything except qualify for events.)

The only issue I see with that is the licensing, seeing as even NFS couldnt get overfenders on exotic cars I dont think PD can either. (Plus the lambo hasnt competed in a D1 event yet and the LF-A hasnt done anything except qualify for events.)

Really? The latest NFS can put widebody kits on exotics. Even the mobile game can so I don't think it's an issue. The only exception is Ferrari but even GT5/6 can put kits on some Ferraris (not widebody though).

Really? The latest NFS can put widebody kits on exotics. Even the mobile game can so I don't think it's an issue. The only exception is Ferrari but even GT5/6 can put kits on some Ferraris (not widebody though).
You get trofeo kits on the lambos, those are developed and produced by lamborghini.

You get trofeo kits on the lambos, those are developed and produced by lamborghini.

Doesn't NFS 2015 has a Liberty Walk kit for the Aventador?

In any case, this is Lamborghini we're talking about. They are the pinnacle of showing off and I doubt they would be as anal as Ferrari.

Doesn't NFS 2015 has a Liberty Walk kit for the Aventador?

In any case, this is Lamborghini we're talking about. They are the pinnacle of showing off and I doubt they would be as anal as Ferrari.

Well thats a shock, I never remember them adding that in. Seems lambo would be fine with it.

Id much prefer to have a current lineup of SuperGT, GT300 and GT500. Even the HSV is rendered obseloete by today. And the GTR has a vastly different engine and bodykit.

The only current ones are the BRZ GT300 which still used by today.

Looks like we may catch a glimpse of GTS at TAS 2016 then. That's what comes to mind when they said "technical demo".

Looks like we may catch a glimpse of GTS at TAS 2016 then. That's what comes to mind when they said "technical demo".

It's literally in the exact same line where they say what the technical demo is of, the motion rig. GTS hasn't even been properly revealed, I'm reasonably sure the first gameplay reveal won't be at a show floor demo.

They've already explicitly specified that the simulator tech demo is using GT6. It is not GTS.

I don't see mention of any specific Gran Turismo title in the blog, but it's most likely a demo version of GT6 like the one at TMS.

I can't read japanese so you'll have to throw stuff at me another day.

Kinda lost on what even is the point of basically telling everyone "Hey, we have a demo of a PS3 game you have with cars you don't have and we're showing an old video with literally nothing new about that game you barely know about".

Kinda lost on what even is the point of basically telling everyone "Hey, we have a demo of a PS3 game you have with cars you don't have and we're showing an old video with literally nothing new about that game you barely know about".

We need a Gran Turismo version of..

5141517+_a826c2639f55887775c4efa0359a4f4e.jpg

"That's PD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back