Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Dionisiy, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks Imari. I heard that Far Cry has one of the best map editors there is on a console. I don't know if this is true. But apparently you can create tracks with elevation and tight corners etc on that and drive cars around it. How ironic that a "non racing franchise" can do better eh :lol:

I heard about ModNation too. And V Rally 2. I don't think I ever played V rally 2, but I did play V Rally. You know I really can't remember but there are so many games out their with track editors which on their platform could do so much better than Gran Turismo 6 has done on the PS3.

Maybe PD's excuse is that in fact the PS3 was too hard to code on and took a long time to figure out. They shouldn't have this excuse with the PS4 being PC based instruction set X86. So they can't use that excuse again. We'll see how well they can do with something much easier and which the developers feel much easier and more comfortable to code with. GT7 will be the proof of the pudding. But i'll not take my hat off yet.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Not trying to give PD excuses but given the interesting things I've read regarding Japan's growing love for mobile games (which slightly leaves me worried about their Arcade Gaming scene) and learning that both Nintendo and Konami are now entering the Mobile gaming market, I'm left to wonder...Is there a possibility that the implementing of Course maker as a Mobile-only feature (for now anyway) was more of a Sony decision?

Renan_ likes this.
  3. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

:bowdown::D

4. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Actually you could do 90° and tighter, but you have to tweak this bit idiotic v1.0.0 editor user interface to do those.
    = several places you have to do first lower angle turns and connect next pieces of track to it before you start tightening that desired tight angle corner.
    Several stupid things:No ability to change:
    -Start/finish line, size, lenght, width, shape, always Kingsize width and lenght.
    -track piece default "corner" width, have to first lay it on wide piece and then shrink width (Not speaking about lane width, that should be also changeable between different width around track, but not)
    -only one end of track piece has Bezier pins, other is end joint with other piece Bezier value.
    -multiple parts selection and simultaneous moving.
    -overall UI needs BIG overhaul(changeable sensitivity, etc), but definitely it's now on good starting point, far away from good end product.

Then comes long list of bugs, and designer faults on basic UI.. Not those now, I really want/wait PD to test their product, or open some contact channel for reporting bugs, or giving opportunity for some users to join their team as dedicated TESTERS.

Check my tracks and you'll see those "90"s.. (Not saying at editor is good for those, or at those are fine now, but somehow manageable to overdo)

5. Imari

Imari

Have you posted some up? I'd like to have a look.

I've also played around with getting tighter corners, and I agree that you can get some way there. But there's no way to get tighter than the width of the area alongside the track reserved for objects. Which means you can't make something like say, Seattle, because you can't a crossroads-style right angle on a corner.

If I'm wrong, please teach me how because I want to use those sorts of corners.

6. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

After earlier post started this, soon shared:
    krunikka.png
    One illegal one-way opposite way :) only because wanted to try close each other ninety degrees.

About 150m difference on real-life distance on route, GT6 is longer that 150m than real is, my mistake on scaling.

Shared now.

Edit: Seattle with 9m wide track and tighter than this is hard to go.
    seatle.png

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    GTRacer22, k12power, ProjectF and 4 others like this.
  7. Imari

Imari

Yeah, that's looks about like what I've managed too. I struggle to get below about a 29-30R, even with placing the corners and tweaking afterwards. It's not bad, it's tight-ish, but it's not quite there for most street circuits.

8. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

With narrowest track width and decrease turn radius (mid corner + straights before and after) my record is 21R. You need to get the straights perfectly lined up and the hairpin needs to be one section.

Like this:
    -------->)
    --------<)

> referring to anchor and ) referring to the hairpin.

The problem is you are then making all your street circuits with track width 6m, which is horrible for racing. For tracks like Seattle which is quite wide it ruins the whole atmosphere of the track. Essentially it's a trade off between correct layout vs correct width.

After 2 years, I really expected more. As it is the program is still very limited, while being a lot clunkier to use and test your tracks.

9. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

24/25 on any width.
    Mostly I have run in to problems with margin space needed on side of track, two tracks just can't go close enough.
    Reproducing real-life tracks like Sportsland SUGO chicane on middle of 110R, or pre-working several corners at once and dropping them then on place on Sendai Hi-Land Raceway, and that ..king start/finish-line straight, Sendai had to reproduce on 32% bigger than real-life.. I want to do 1:1 tracks..done several of 1:1 already, and doing more.. That start straight just drops out many good tracks.. There is change to have better editor later, or I believe so.
    But I'm having big hopes for this editor, only because of it's versioned 1.0.0.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    ProjectF and Imari like this.
  10. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

The size of the straight is so they can fit the pitlane I think. Then again, there's no reason why they can't scale the pitlane (and max grid size) according to the straight length.

ProjectF, Imari and OdeFinn like this.
  11. Hetare21

Hetare21

There is a new article, but it is just an advertisement of "Manga, Anime, Games from Japan," which is being held in Hyougo Prefectural Museum of Art.

sokira likes this.
  12. sokira

sokira

13. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

14. Imari

Imari

Heh, Japanese people always wonder why the foreigners giggle when they say they live in Kinki. :D

Johnnypenso likes this.
  15. tankuroded

tankuroded

ProjectF likes this.
  16. TayeezSA

TayeezSA

17. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

18. poumpoum

poumpoum

I love the idea that they keep working on a motion sim. Perhaps they will be able to sell an affordable motion sim at some point :)

19. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Want this rig !!! Sega F355 cabinet with H gate shifter was epic in 1999, and this is a good step up.

JKgo, k12power, ProjectF and 2 others like this.
  20. poumpoum

poumpoum

I'm curious to see the size of the "piston's displacement" compare to the standard d-box ones :confused: I hope someone will make a video.

21. KiroKai

KiroKai

At least they're being clear about it. This is a huge communication improvement for PD :p

Il_Conte_Sky likes this.
  22. R5

R5 (Banned)

To the surprise of...

You, I guess. It seems obvious that GT6 is dying now that GT Sport is close, and will be killed off once the game is released fully.

23. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

They'll be on PS4 since it's confirmed they won't be in GT6.

24. AKps3

AKps3

ProjectF and Carffeine like this.
  25. Hetare21

Hetare21

If you are not going to Okayama International Circuit on 6, December to see LM55 1:1 model, there is nothing to see in this article. It is just an advertisement.

Carffeine likes this.
  26. Samus

Samus

So the potential of this blog was not realised. Why am I not surprised.

VBR likes this.
  27. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

It was at some point, but it's got derailed and now it's just that.
    Not waiting on something worth reading from there until PSX gets closer, honestly.

28. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

I'm surprised they didn't do a blog post on this weekend's Nismo Festival. :lol:

29. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

They will in about 2-3 weeks.

AJHG1000 likes this.
  30. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Pessimism.

TeamCZRRacing and trustjab like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.