• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian Federation
Russia, Moscow
Dionisiy
About PITSTOP:
Hello everyone, this is the PITSTOP Editorial Team.

We’ve created a new place for sharing information with Gran Turismo fans: the “Gran Turismo PIT STOP”.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news.

At PIT STOP, a variety of authors in addition to its writers will be posting articles from all over the world. Visitors can also leave comments on these articles as well, but please keep in mind that there may be cases in which inappropriate comments or those that are unrelated to the topic in question may be deleted. You will need to login with a Facebook account in order to be able to leave a comment.

We are hoping that this new communication channel will be a great way to bring all GT fans together in a dedicated community platform, so please come join us!

1) Introducing the new ”Gran Turismo PIT STOP” service
<June 16, 2014> Posted by PIT STOP Editorial Team

2) Regarding Engine Sounds of Gran Turismo (Part.1)
<June 16, 2014> Posted by Kazunori Yamauchi

3) Nürburgring 2014
<June 17, 2014> Posted by EXP

4) The 24 Hour Race of the Freshmen (No. 1)
<June 17, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

5) Regarding Engine Sounds of Gran Turismo (Part.2)
<June 18, 2014> Posted by Kazunori Yamauchi

6) Nürburgring 2014: Arrival
<June 19, 2014> Posted by EXP

7) The 24 Hour Race of the Freshman (No. 2)
<June 20, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

8) The Shock of Nürburgring 2014
<June 20, 2014> Posted by EXP

9) The 24 Hour Race of the Freshmen (No. 3)
<June 21, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

10) The Calm Before the Nürburgring 2014
<June 21, 2014> Posted by EXP

11) From Nürburgring to Munich
<June 25, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

12) Goodwood Festival of Speed (Day 1)
<June 27, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

13) Goodwood Festival of Speed (Day 2)
<June 28, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

14) The 24 Hour Race of the Freshmen (Final)
<July 4, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

15) The GT-R was blue.
<July 9, 2014> Posted by EXP

16) REAL GT LIFE: Matching the Answers to the Questions
<July 11, 2014> Posted by EXP

17) Enthusiast
<July 18, 2014> Posted by EXP

18) Race Day
<July 22, 2014> Posted by EXP

19) Like a Midsummer nights dream: The battle continues to SPA Francorchamps
<July 23, 2014> Posted by EXP

20) Regarding Sound #3
<July 23, 2014> Posted by Kazunori Yamauchi

21) Rise after Falling – Nurburgring 24H 2014
<July 24, 2014> Posted by Kazunori Yamauchi

22) GT Academy Race Camp 2014, and Happy Birthday Mr. GT
<August 6, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

23) The finalists of GTAcademy Race camp 2014
<August 7, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

24) Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
<August 29, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

25) Regarding the Sound/Recording Engineer Job Offering
<September 9, 2014> Posted by PIT STOP Editorial Team

26) WEC 6Hours of FUJI
<October 14, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

27) BMW M4 M Performance Edition
<November 4, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

28) SEMA 2014 and GT Awards in Las Vegas
<November 13, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

29) Suzuka Circuit 2014
<November 17, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

30) LED Flasher Lights
<November 18, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

31) BoP (Balance of Performance)
<November 18, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

32) NISMO FESTIVAL 2014
<December 3, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

33) Katsuobushi?
<December 4, 2014> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

34) New Year’s Holiday Challenge
<December 16, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

35) RED BULL 5G 2014
<December 25, 2014> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

36) Auto Salon Special Night “Super Gran Turismo Competition”
<January 7, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

37) [Report] Auto Salon Special Night “Super Gran Turismo Championship”
<January 26, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

38) Customization Evolution
<February 3, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

39) Mégane Trophy Launch
<February 4, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

40) Wolfie takes on Bathurst!
<February 6, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

41) 30th Edition of the International Automobile Festival
<February 8, 2015> Posted by Takamasa Shichisawa

42) KING OF THE MOUNTAIN
<February 10, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

43) Mid-Field Raceway
<February 23, 2015> Posted by Hiroshi Murata

Last edited:
Pit Stop

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/

Editor's Note

Introducing the new ”Gran Turismo PIT STOP” service

Posted by PIT STOP Editorial Team | June 16, 2014

Hello everyone, this is the PITSTOP Editorial Team.

We’ve created a new place for sharing information with Gran Turismo fans: the “Gran Turismo PIT STOP”.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news.

At PIT STOP, a variety of authors in addition to its writers will be posting articles from all over the world. Visitors can also leave comments on these articles as well, but please keep in mind that there may be cases in which inappropriate comments or those that are unrelated to the topic in question may be deleted. You will need to login with a Facebook account in order to be able to leave a comment.

We are hoping that this new communication channel will be a great way to bring all GT fans together in a dedicated community platform, so please come join us!

<PIT STOP Editorial Team>

foto.PNG

Last edited:
Translator-san required :lol:

I see them recording a honda s800. I approve. 👍
We haven't got that Honda have we?

Posted by kaz apparently

On GT PLANET, a Gran Turismo news fansite and one of it’s biggest forums, there’s a consolidated wishlist of things wanted in Gran Turismo (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/kazunori-yamauchi-qa/) and all the items listed are things I totally agree with. And the top item on the list by far, is the “improvement of sound”. (ReadMore)

Hmm interesting they --seem-- to be recording sound on stationary cars. Perhaps this is why some of the sounds are so 'weak' - I know in my car (an Altezza RS200 with pre-cat removed, induction kit, sports manifold/exhaust, sports ecu etc) the sound of revving the engine stationary is totally different to the sound of the car when under load, accelerating, engine braking etc

You would have thought they would at least use a rolling road to help capture the 'real' sounds (albeit you'd still have an issue with compromised airflow on a stationary car).

Great to have :gtpflag: acknowledged though!

Edit: just read part two of the Sound blog - can see they are indeed starting to use a rolling road. 👍

Last edited:
I teed you hahaha , nah quite a shock hay he even said sorry for the shoddy sounds , the ice man just warmed up

Well was just trying to explain this to someone not 5 mins ago and was being told I was wrong, there's nothing like the game creator himself confirming exactly what I was saying. Thanks kaz didn't think you of all people would have my back

Why don't they put the car on one of those machines that measures horsepower? Top Gear used it once before, and if they're looking for the noise of a car in first (or whatever) gear, I presume that this would help achieve that.

Why don't they put the car on one of those machines that measures horsepower? Top Gear used it once before, and if they're looking for the noise of a car in first (or whatever) gear, I presume that this would help achieve that.
Rolling road , and use a soundproof box no one knows , but for the ps1 that would have been over the top ... Thease days no excuse. they should be one built at pd headquarters cost about 15 grand

A dynamometer (or rolling road). They are - part two of the sound blog states they are starting to use one they found that they can minimise rolling noise.

Edit: Tree'd

Hey, welcome to modern times PD! Something like this has been a long (loooong) time coming, very pleased to see this. Extremely glad to see acknowledgement of your core fan base and areas where the series needs improvement.

A very welcomed blog, I shall save it to my bookmarks straight away. Looking forward to future entries, keep up the good work.

He's actually going at the sound criticism head on. No deflecting, just putting the facts out there about what they're trying to achieve. Being honest and upfront is all we've ever wanted from PD, and it looks like Kaz is delivering at last!

We kicked off and it looks like it buddy I don't think kaz has realised we're moving fastest we ever had with technology and if he don't react , the franchise will fall to bargain bin graces and his vision would have been for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back