Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand, though...

They keep adding new cars to GT6 - that's beyond awesome undoubtedly.

But why do they use old sound samples for some of them? The Lotus 97T sounds absolutely phenomenal, while hearing the new racing Lexus IS or that Toyots TS030 thing makes me want to grab PD's employees by ear and shout childish insults at them... Are they only re-recording certain cars for GT6?

Also do the pictures attached to the second sound-related blog post mean they are working on improving the sound of the LFA? :D

Anyone down to make the Thank You thread? :D:D But I guess Johnny's "It's not bitching, it's passionate feedback" one is good enough LOL

We really appreciate this Kaz!! This was all the fans were clamoring for really; honest, straight to the point, and no vague "too accurate" BS statements. We look forward to hearing more.

Now Part 3 of the engine sounds issue and a statement on when we can expect our promised content can finally, finally, assuage this turbulent place.
The Era of Good Feelings is upon GTPlanet folks. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Absolutely correct:tup:👍 Some call it bitching but I would call it "passionate feedback" because that's what it is for the most part. The vast majority of the critical feedback to PD from GTP was truthful and honest and from the heart. 99% of people complained because they loved the series, not for any nefarious purpose, something those that are continually apologizing on PD's behalf never accepted. I wonder if we'll be getting a thank you any time soon?:lol:

Thank you :)

In the other hand, it works both ways and it's important to let them now what they do well. Feedback is important both ways. (Or you create a bunch of depressed people) That's why some people feel the need to also talk about the good stuff. And there's the correct way to say it.

Anyway, it's all passionate feedback as you said and, we did it.

I still cannot believe. I'm shocked.

I guess they don't have dynos in Japan???? Why on earth would you record a stationary vehicle? Dynos are the obvious way to record the sound. I just assumed that's what they did. It isn't like a dyno is hard to find.

ppppssssttt...read part 2.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/37

I'm stunned. 100% blown away by this. They started with the most popular question, and are giving a full on, in depth answer. Well done PD, Well done.

I'm not trying to be a negative-nancy, and I know Pt.III is still coming, but so far all we have is an explanation, not a solution. I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

The surprise content is nice, and the promise of better communication is a good start, but there is still the back-log of delayed, missing, and otherwise-removed content and/or features. I do hope updates stay frequent, informal, and get more technical as the rest of the communities questions are answered. 👍

PD has regained my trust.
They gained mine back as well. :) This is what I said in the latest news article on GTPlanet.

PD are actually communicating? YES! This is all I ever wanted, and now it’s finally happening. :’) Thank you so much Kaz and PD. :D

Honestly guys. From this day forward, grumpyToko is officially gone because all I wanted was PD to communicate with us. Best day for me! :D

all I wanted was PD to communicate with us. Best day for me! :D
We knew it was coming - that's why they asked us for the Kaz Q&A forum in the first place - but not the format it was going to be in.

As I said in the thread currently found in Site Feedback, I'm more interested in the mere existence of this dialogue than the actual content of it and I hope PD and GTPlanet (and the rest of the GT community) overtly work together to keep GT where it belongs for a very long time.

I think the blog serves 2 purposes: answering question, and showing behind the scenes and events.

Now if GT has a Tumblr/Deviantart profile to show their/some car manufacturers/VGT sketches :D

I bet next will be addressing course maker. Its the second most popular question.

We knew it was coming - that's why they asked us for the Kaz Q&A forum in the first place - but not the format it was going to be in.

As I said in the thread currently found in Site Feedback, I'm more interested in the mere existence of this dialogue than the actual content of it and I hope PD and GTPlanet (and the rest of the GT community) overtly work together to keep GT where it belongs for a very long time.
I feel so bad now, due to saying the Kaz Q&A was only there for... Darn it, can't remember. Well if I do, I deeply apologize to you, Jordan and all those who were involved in the making of the Kaz Q&A. :guilty: Please forgive me.
I__m_Sorry_Smiley_by_Mirz123.png

I also hope PD and GTPlanet can work together to bring back GT where it belongs. GTP may even get back others who used to be a part of it. :D

Nah. What is this new Pd case? I don't liked. They listen us and given information. Kaz u are the guru. You don't have to listen or answer. Too you'r thing.

I'm not trying to be a negative-nancy, and I know Pt.III is still coming, but so far all we have is an explanation, not a solution. I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

The surprise content is nice, and the promise of better communication is a good start, but there is still the back-log of delayed, missing, and otherwise-removed content and/or features. I do hope updates stay frequent, informal, and get more technical as the rest of the communities questions are answered. 👍
Which is my question as to why "Sounds", as important as they may be to the 766 folks who liked it, were the very #1 issue in the minds of the GTPlanet fanbase. Sounds are nice, but not #1 for me. Not even Top 5.

An explanation is still great, otherwise everyone assumed PD staff was deaf. :D

A solution might come, some cars, as we all know, already sound really nice in-game. :)👍

Finally, a blog like this is what I've always said they needed. It's a good start, I just hope it doesn't go the way of the other blog where the updates end up only being about Kaz's racing career and not about the game.
I hope it doesn't end up like that either. :nervous:

So am I misunderstanding thinking from this, that pd requested the q&a forum? By the way famine, everyone appreciates all the work the gtplanet team put in, it's a great site. Thanks to all involved for the hard work :gtpflag:

Wow PD finally reaching out to the community and responding to feedback. That’s seriously amazing news!!! :) Nice to see that one of their top priorities and known issue is the audio. Made me very happy to read that even KY is not happy with the audio. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of the community feedback with the interaction of PD. This is something they should have done years ago. It will only help the series. The even better news is the fact they are still fully supporting GT6.

Last edited:
Yeap. It so pleasent the hear the voice of lotus. So same for every car is very good thing. And if u can't make sound right how the rest thing is going to be. Just for little bit this way and that way or make it so real than it is possiblity and you don't have to regret it later on.

What appears to be happening is He's explaining the methods they have utilized to record sounds (which may explain the results that end up in the game). Its the most in-depth explanation we've ever gotten about anything from Kaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back