Official GTP_Race Event 01 (SpecIII: Closed)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 758 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left Stick = Steering
Right Stick = Gears
R2 = Accelerate
R1 = Brake

👍
Thanks for the controller config, Grim! I'm definitely gonna try that - wonder why I never tried other configs, but it's never too late... Back on the track!
:cool:

(Is that your very own Skyline on the avatar picture?)

👍
Thanks for the controller config, Grim! I'm definitely gonna try that - wonder why I never tried other configs, but it's never too late... Back on the track!
:cool:

(Is that your very own Skyline on the avatar picture?)

No It isn't. Wish it was though. Quickest thing I have got at the moment is my V6 Vectra SRi, ex Met Police car, my other car is a Mondeo,:ouch:

I have only started with that config since Prologue came out. I for years used auto gears all aids on and thought I was good. Only joining everyone here did I see the light and went for it. Now after many hours of practise, it has become second nature. No aids, Manual gears all the way. 👍

I think you have "rmk700"s times plugged in for me...:)
Sorted and leaderboard updated. EDIT updated up to post 729 to include ErnstJ's laps in the board - welcome!
When I need to enter a split/laptime for a new player I copy the line of the (alphabetical) predecessor in the Luxy php-doc. If I then forget to punch in the posted times your times are the same as those from the other player :ill:
Left Stick = Steering
Right Stick = Gears
R2 = Accelerate
R1 = Brake
Interesting configuration and I will try that out tho I normally try to stay away from the sticks as far as possible :dopey:

Last edited:
Sorted and leaderboard updated.
When I need to enter a split/laptime for a new player I copy the line of the (alphabetical) predecessor in the Luxy php-doc. If I then forget to punch in the posted times your times are the same as those from the other player :ill:Interesting configuration and I will try that out tho I normally try to stay away from the sticks as far as possible :dopey:

I was the same previously never used the sticks for anything. With practice and patience, you will be suprised by the control you get from them.

I've always used the sticks and manual gear, but with the new advanced R1 and R2 buttons on the sixaxis this new config really sounds much better - it gives the option to apply speed and break simultaneously which is crucial to balance and in-/exit-speed around the corners. Can't wait to try it!

Finally got some clean runs after 3 hours of trying.

Spec III
L2 1'49'815
L3 1'48'726

G25
Div3 Bronze

These events look like fun, I think I might register so I can join in.

Was finally able to complete a race without the ai ramming me

Spec III
L2 1'56.500
L3 1'54.576

G25
Div 4 Silver

Last edited:
Was finally able to complete a race with the ai ramming me
Hi XO. I'll place your laptimes on the board when you confirm that you meant to say 'withOUT the ai ramming me' :lol:

These events look like fun, I think I might register so I can join in.
You're very welcome to join in but if you need to qualify first you might be a bit late since the deadline for this event is tomorrow at midnight 👍

Well this has been a very interesting journey.
As i am very new to the Gt fraternity I think I was alittle caught up in the sprint of the moment when trying to post a good time - trying to prove myself amongst some increditable talent. The dirty replay I supplied was the very last thing that I wanted to do and I have learnt a very valueable lession from it - this is not just a game. but having said that I feel the call to have people removed from the registry if dirty times are posted is alittle harsh.

Rules for replay checks by others before posting -as suggested by Sphinx- is far more constructive.

I wish to be apart of this great organization and will endeavor to up hold it's high standards of conduct.

Back to the business end
Div 2 Bronze
Spec III - Event 01
Lap 2 - 1,43.755
Lap 3 - 1,44.059
G25 - rocks!

Last edited:
Spec III time submitted

L2: 1'52.129
L3: 1'50.803

Attachment removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi XO. I'll place your laptimes on the board when you confirm that you meant to say 'withOUT the ai ramming me' :lol:

LOL....yes I meant to say WITHOUT the AI ramming me :dunce:
I wrote that about 3am so I was a little braindead.

Thanx 👍

Last edited:
Right managed to get a clean race in.

Division 2 Gold
DFGT Steering Wheel
Spec III
Lap 2 1.50.299
Lap 3 1.48.553

LOL....yes I meant to say WITHOUT the AI ramming me :dunce: I wrote that about 3am so I was a little braindead. Thanx 👍
:lol: I hope you were conscious enough to see that you did a clean lap XO ... sorted and leaderboard updated.

EDIT thank you Jake for tutoring my non-native english 👍

Last edited:
joeninety @ Impressive lead you got 👍 looks more like a DIV 1 time to me;)

I'm going to have one last stab at this tonight to see if I can top it. I just can;t seem to keep a clean run. Need to take a deep breath and relax. :sly:

Thankyou mr Volcano.
I have been trying pretty hard on this one to get back in the "circle of trust".
Was surprized not to see more people throwing down times.

Do they usually hide in the shadows and post in the final minutes?

Anyway - I'm having fun with it - hope to see you in a race one day.
NZ out

I'm going to have one last stab at this tonight to see if I can top it. I just can;t seem to keep a clean run. Need to take a deep breath and relax. :sly:

This weekend we just had "the great race" (Bathurst 1000) so I was all fired up and maybe alittle intoxicated - now I'm not condoning drinking and driving but relaxing is the key
Good luck mate

Last edited by a moderator:
To all the professional drivers out there

I wish to apologize for my complete lack of professionalism.

It would seem that the reason I was posting such good times was that I had it set on standard mode!
I have asked Sphinx to remove me from the competition and will now accept the following hail of criticism that is surely to follow.

Respect to all.
NZ out

Due to other obligations at home I didn't have much time for spec III, but I did get a clean run in:

Lap 2: 1'55.480
Lap 3: 1'53.863

I know I have a lot of room for improvement, but not much time. I am going to give it one more try and then submit.

Spec III
lap 2 1:50.701
lap 3 1:50.503
DFGT

GTP_joeninety thats a simple mistake.Better luck next time.

Last edited:

It would seem that the reason I was posting such good times was that I had it set on standard mode!
I have asked Sphinx to remove me from the competition and will now accept the following hail of criticism that is surely to follow.

Respect to all.
NZ out
**** happens Joe ... removed you from the board.

Respect to all.
NZ out

Everyone makes mistakes mate try not to be too hard on yourself..

Didn't submit anything, because I didn't get a clean run.
Got a clean 1st lap easily, but then I had really hard time not to be hit by the AI! Big respect to everyone who managed a clean run and good luck for stage two. 👍
Looking forward to the next event though.:scared:
cheers

Respect to all.
NZ out

thats a relief !! :) they were quick times!!
theres still 12 hours left. I might even cobble a race together myself tonight. For what purpose I don't know.. but i might.

I would have loved to submit a time at this first official race in the prologue. But unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to get a clean race. :embarrassed:

I had 4 one hour sessions, so at least I got to learn the Daytona Road a lot better. :dopey:

Congrats to all the who managed to get through traffic. :cheers:

I would have loved to submit a time at this first official race in the prologue. But unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to get a clean race. :embarrassed:

I had 4 one hour sessions, so at least I got to learn the Daytona Road a lot better. :dopey:

Congrats to all the who managed to get through traffic. :cheers:

I know what you mean, but trust me you're definitely skilled enough it's just figuring out when to pass the AI. I lost count of how many time I had to restart a race because I got rammed by the AI or something I did wrong :banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back