Official GTP_Race Event 02 - Announcement and Signup

• Thread starter EDK
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be interesting, I've just got a wheel and need practice though.

Entry posted 👍

Q for the mods: I suppose there will be no work for LUXY for the online events? If so please let me know? :)

Last edited:
What I understand is that we enter to compete, then team up for specific online races, then win to make it to a next round. Are we assigned an opponent or do we find one ourselves?
Once I have all the entrants, I'll create random pairings, taking the division, class and game format into account.

Going to wait a bit before I signup.
First want to see how many people sign up, as I only have 8-9 weeks after the signup deadline before I'm off to my work placement.
If you'd like, submit your entry, pending the projected event duration. 👍

I am intrigued as to how this race event will run. Sounds exciting. :D

Well, more details to come a week from today, when the first is posted. But it will be exciting. 👍

Also I'm predicting events to be changed, online next week. So fingers crossed we get a World Event, In expert mode. :)
Hopefully that won't throw too big of a wrench into my testing. :scared:

I wonder how many entries so far.
5 last night between the time I posted and the time I went to bed. 33 more in my inbox this morning. :eek:

Q for the mods: I suppose there will be no work for LUXY for the online events? If so please let me know? :)

Since the results each week will drive the board, no need for an ongoing board during the week. But thanks for the inquiry. 👍

Any other questions, keep asking, and I'll keep answering as quickly as I can. Our main goal is to keep things moving, thus the stricter requirements on timing of race completion. More to come.............

Kevin

Sounds good to me.
GTPlanetFlag.gif

I'm not going to make it out of my group then. :P

Can't wait, going to be fun. I don't envy your position either, it seems like a fair bit of organization and planning is required 👍

Looks great Kevin, just a few questions. Is this a double elimination or single elimination? Will we be driving the exact same car without the ability to tune (sorry, don't recall if you can tune in this online event)? The race is once a week for 7 weeks?

Jerome

Good looking event Kev

:cheers: Hope you can join us. :D

Looks great Kevin, just a few questions. Is this a double elimination or single elimination? Will we be driving the exact same car without the ability to tune (sorry, don't recall if you can tune in this online event)? The race is once a week for 7 weeks?

Jerome

Single elimination (If you lose in a pairing, you are out). The number of races run each week to determine the winner would be flexible, depending on the number of laps in the event. Would say double could be considered, once we see how this operates. Keep in mind that we'll have significantly more participants than we had in the online portion of event 01.

I will select combos to be run each week. Keep in mind that updates to the online events as well as working to keep things fresh and interesting will cause this to vary. The majority of online events allow tuning. I would lean toward events that allow tuning.

You would race once per week against the driver you are paired against. We'll initially pair drivers from the same region, to keep events flexible and to minimize issues due to time differences. The meeting times, etc. will work similarly to event 01's online portion.

Let me know if this did not answer everything. 👍

Quick question... Is this the only way you can move up in divisions?

Your performance in official GTP events will determine whether you are moved up. Overall, it will be easier to assess drivers for promotion if they are participating in the WRS with some degree of consistency.

I would not expect to promote any drivers as a result of their performance in this one event.

Hope that covers it. 👍

Last edited:
EDK
:cheers: Hope you can join us. :D

Single elimination (If you lose in a pairing, you are out). The number of races run each week to determine the winner would be flexible, depending on the number of laps in the event. Would say double could be considered, once we see how this operates. Keep in mind that we'll have significantly more participants than we had in the online portion of event 01.

I will select combos to be run each week. Keep in mind that updates to the online events as well as working to keep things fresh and interesting will cause this to vary. The majority of online events allow tuning. I would lean toward events that allow tuning.

You would race once per week against the driver you are paired against. We'll initially pair drivers from the same region, to keep events flexible and to minimize issues due to time differences. The meeting times, etc. will work similarly to event 01's online portion.

Let me know if this did not answer everything. 👍

Your performance in official GTP events will determine whether you are moved up. Overall, it will be easier to assess drivers for promotion if they are participating in the WRS with some degree of consistency.

I would not expect to promote any drivers as a result of their performance in this one event.

Hope that covers it. 👍

Yep, thanks.

EDK

Hope that covers it. 👍

Unless its won by a Division 5 member :lol:

Sounds like it would be great fun!
Sorry but im going to be away for weeks at a time with the army so wont be able to participate in this one :(
Hope to see you out on the track when I can though.

Cheers
BroncosXR8

I'm in, I can't wait :D I think i'll get flogged in Division 1 though.:nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back