Official GTP_Race Event 02 - Announcement and Signup

• Thread starter EDK
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice turnout for the event. 👍

We are up to 89 entrants so far, with some good representation across most divisions. I'd like to see more D5 drivers, but that's about it. If a D5 bronze driver was to just enter, they would automatically be champion of their class. ;)

Posted my entry, hope to have some great racing with you guys

Hopefully this will be the beginning of my path to division 2. I got division 3 gold with a controller and not long after got a wheel. I remember taking the test again once to see for myself and within a few short laps had achieved enough for division 2 bronze at least, and I didn't even like driving the F430!:)

Hopefully this will be the beginning of my path to division 2. I got division 3 gold with a controller and not long after got a wheel. I remember taking the test again once to see for myself and within a few short laps had achieved enough for division 2 bronze at least, and I didn't even like driving the F430!:)

I thought about doing that for comparison myself, but then I remembered that the physics got changed in a subsequent update, so not a valid comparison any more.

I thought about doing that for comparison myself, but then I remembered that the physics got changed in a subsequent update, so not a valid comparison any more.

I did it before the physics change to see how good I was with a wheel.

Up to 98 entrants, with the deadline a little more than 5 hours away. Hopefully we can get at least a couple more and be up to 100 racers. 👍

EDK
Up to 98 entrants, with the deadline a little more than 5 hours away. Hopefully we can get at least a couple more and be up to 100 racers. 👍

Submitted. :sly:

Great turnout guys. 👍👍👍👍

EDK

i'm proud to be one of them 👍

I apologize for not making a submission, but my wife is attempting to schedule a vacation with friends, who have yet to get back to us, and some nasty stuff came up at work that will be going on for the next month or so.

I could not honestly say to myself that I would only miss one week, and felt I didn't want to waste anyone's time.

I apologize for not making a submission, but my wife is attempting to schedule a vacation with friends, who have yet to get back to us, and some nasty stuff came up at work that will be going on for the next month or so.

I could not honestly say to myself that I would only miss one week, and felt I didn't want to waste anyone's time.
Thanks for the follow up. I understand, and appreciate that you went this route. That was the whole point in making strict rules regarding participation, trying to keep this moving along.

For All - I'll do the random draw for pairings in the next couple of nights. That way, you'll be able to contact the driver you are paired with to begin working out potential times you can race. I plan to keep initial pairings within the same region, which should help shake out any time difference related issues.

Barring any further complications, I should have the first race posted up this weekend. Will keep you all posted. 👍

looks great, I am getting rather excited about this. Hope Thursday doesn't mess everything up for you in terms of planning.

Any more information on how the races themselves will be run/moderated/organised? i.e I am sure members will have to agree between them on a race time but are there any will the plan be for off peak times to try and get a head to head?

Hi guys - At this point, I don't think I'm going to allow any late entries. That might change, if I have any dropouts, etc. So I have a late entry from Bollox, anyone else interested in POSSIBLY getting into the event in that sort of scenario should submit their entry to me now.

It's likely that the late entrants would not participate until the second week. And I still may not allow them at all.

Finally, I'm about to post up the entrants and pairings. I'll be closing this thread at that point, and eventually archiving it. Discussions should move to that thread.

EDIT: Thread Open here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114088

Closing this one now. 👍

:cheers:
Kevin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back