Official GTPC: Droptop Chick vs TankSpanker - Results posted

• Thread starter Swift
  • 135 comments
indeed, DTC thoroughly out did me on this one. I'm not here to make excuses, I backed myself into this corner all on my own by putting things off for way too long. In full honesty, even if I had given myself appropriate time I would have struggled to turn a lap as clean as the one DTC submitted. I always push a little too far on one corner and fudge up my lap entirely. This contest was no exception to that rule, as you will see when the vids are re-uploaded.

The scores dont reflect how much of a landslide this truly was. Like FI said - the winner was clearcut from the start. There's no way I think my lap should have scored higher than a 17 or 18.
Why I scored more than 4's and 5's in style and angle is beyond me...
No offense to DTC is intended by this comment, but I think the scores for both vids are a little lofty.

Judges??? I'm not gonna hop down anyone's throats for giving me high marks, I'm just puzzled by what you think I did right? hehe :confused: marks are way to high.

anyways, I appologize to DTC and my loyal following (ya, right :sly: ) for my shotty performance. I know she was looking for tougher competition than the one I presented when she initially challenged me.
Anytime you want a rematch and I have the time to give it its due attention let me know - I have a small score to settle now. :D

edit: btw Swift, your math needs a little work. I apparently scored a 26, not a 25. Sure I coulda just told you on AIM, but this way is much more entertaining for me :D.

I have to re-upload my video again...?

I'd definately like a re-match sometime though. Somewhere alittle wider with more room for some ridiculous angle. I know you excel at that... :)

DT_C, congrats. one of many wins to come...if you continue to drift like that haha. As for me, I'm on a vacation to korea. I just came online on the resort's pc room. good to hear the news.

Congrats for the win DT_C!
Tank, try harder next time and you might win! im not saying your entry is shotty, but you didnt put much time into it.

So whos car was who.. cause thatw as some good stuff... This is what I thought.
Contestant 9
Style - 8/10 points
Angle - 7/10 points
Smoke - 4/5 points
Control - 8/10 points
Contestant 9 knows the game really well also. He/she took control of the car and made sure he/she didn't crash or hit the dirt. But, they did so I took some points off control because he/she also hit the dirt once. With my exp. with the car I know that you can get much more smoke out of it. so I had to take some points off that too. He/she also could have got more angle as well. The more angle the more smoke. I also like how he/she wasn't scared to use the e-brake on the hair pins.
-TD

Contestant 13
Style - 8/10points
Angle - 8/10points
Smoke - 5/5 points
Control - 7/10 points
Contestant 13 knows what he can do, but seemed like he/she was pushing the car to much. Thats why I took points off control. He/she went into the dirt 2-3 times. I was sad when I saw the car hit the dirt when it was going to do a super nice drift. The driver knew what to do to get the most smoke out of the car though. I mean lots of smoke. The driver also made up for the control by making things look smooth. His/her control would be much lower if he/she didn't do this.The driver also used the weight of the car do help drift just like the other driver. So it was about the same.
-TD

ToyotaDrifter
So whos car was who.. cause thatw as some good stuff...

hehe, i had the 'Austin Powers' themed Crossfire... :sly: Soul Bossa Nova

there were actually 2 offs - the first before the bridege b/c i turned in too early
the second ont he pair of rights before the hairpin as i tried to link them. A little ambitious, but I've done it in a heavier GS300. Just didnt turn out on this one. 👎
Like everyone keeps saying, had i spent a little more time I would ahve improved my entry. I wont say I would have won - DTC made a great run, but it might have been closer.

I guess I might re-upload the vid to give onlookers some idea of what went on. Tommorow perhaps - I'm on a temporary computer. Computer troubles with my regular internet computer... seems like I fried both the motherboard and the primary master HD. :yuck:

a well earned victory dtc. i sure wouldn't want to go up against that lap. good job too tank, altho i know ya got more in ya, but i can relate to your procrastination haha

Don't worry, the vids are going to be on the first post as soon as they get re-uploaded ^_^

Congratulations to both of you!! Droptop_Chick won by points, but I bet both were amazingly good!! Can't wait to see the vids =Þ Also, I can;t wait to drift like you two O.o

Captain Trips
Tankspanker got owned? Oh snap. And here I was thinking he was the Takahasi Ryosuke of GTplanet forums :( Nice try, man. :indiff:

I guess that makes DTC the Takumi of GTplanet forums... dear god im such a nerd haha.... ugh. congrats on the win tho.

And I am that really hot guy in the background in the race against the S14!!! Wow, you didn't see that one coming ;) By the way, DT_C... awesome job!! Nice video!!

ya trips - i dunno, couldnt find any incentive to put something together for this one. It's not a decent excuse, and it's my own fault for not putting up a bigger fight. But even had I done a better lap, DTC's would have bene a tough one to top. The right person won this one.

anyways, i really really dont wanna post mine.... it's such garbage.... but i guess if DTC has her's up, the sporting thing to do is show mine.

here's the deal. I'll try to stick it on yousendit tomorrow if I'm home. That way only the first 25 takers get to see it. :sly:

ill be happy to send either vid to cable users only!
and if i dont have plans, possibly the slower ones too.

Back