Official GTPlanet* Fantasy Euro 2012

• Thread starter Matty
  • 816 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB, you pick one team or the other, the points can be a draw, but that just means that you would get the same points regardless who you picked. If you take a look at the Scoring System that's in the OP it'll all make sense. Hopefully.

Netherlands: Stekelenburg, Van Der Wiel, Heitinga, Vlaar, Willems, Van Bommel, Nigel De Jong, Robben, Sneijder, Afellay, van Persie. Subs: Vorm, Mathijsen, Bouma, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Schaars, Strootman, Luuk De Jong, Narsingh, Boulahrouz, Van der Vaart, Krul.

Denmark: Andersen, Jacobsen, Kjaer, Agger, Simon Poulsen, Kvist Jorgensen, Zimling, Rommedahl, Eriksen, Krohn-Delhi, Bendtner. Subs: Lindegaard, Christian Poulsen, Bjelland, Okore, Schone, Silberbauer, Pedersen, Wass, Jakob Poulsen, Kahlenberg, Mikkelsen, Schmeichel.

I think Vorm and Schmeichel should be starting. Vorm showed he's an exceptional goalkeeper at Swansea this year, and Schmeichel has done the same a Leicester.

People have picked Denmark. Not many, but some.

I picked holland!, theres a long way to go yet..c'mon holland!!

Well, they might have just been on to something 💡 see how the rest of the game pans out, Dutch have the quality to turn it around for sure, just time to see if they work together well enough to get that.

Okay full time I will go and work out the scores for each team. I have a feeling the Netherlands may still get more points due to having most possession.

Fair play to Denmark, took their chance and was a great finish for the goal. Probably got lucky a couple times, Robben hitting the post etc. But that's the fun of the Euros.

Okay full time I will go and work out the scores for each team. I have a feeling the Netherlands may still get more points due to having most possession.

But Denmark had a clean sheet...

Meh, don't know. Don't mind though if the Dutch get more points, 'cause of my bet. :P

Oh, nearly forgot the clean sheet bonus.

Netherlands: 159
Denmark: 155

Includes everything even win and clean sheet bonus'.

Tables will be up after the Germany game.

WOOhooo!! still won! even though my pick lost!:dopey:

:indiff: Don't mean to criticize Matty but the scoring system is a bit flawed if Netherlands get more points. Punishes those brave enough to take a punt on the underdogs.

I picked Netherlands btw ...

Well I think it's actually working quite fairly. Netherlands dominated most of the game had 53% of possession. In a way there were much the better team and that showed. I showed a mock points score of the Chelsea v Barcelona game where Barcelona dominated the points but lost the game.

Well I think we all knew Netherlands would play better, no question there really.

Anyway, this throws the group wide open now. Portugal right back in with a a chance and we can't rule out Denmark now ....

I still think it's debatable as to whether the Netherlands played better. Sure they had more chances but the Danish defended brilliantly and had a similar amount of "on target" chances. 👍

And its for that I have the points planned. I admit since I drew the up that I've thought of ways to make it better. But haven't changed it since it would be wrong to do so after the competition has started.

Anyway, Germany v Portugal in 23 minutes 👍

It was 23 - 8 in shots. And 8-8 for shots on target. 👍

I was watching qualifying so I don't know. I meant it was clear that Netherlands would have more possession and would generally, maybe not play better, play with more attack than Denmark, which it seems they did from the points.

I can see what you're going for, Barcelona fan by any chance ? :sly:

Yeah. I think in a way my points system really supports teams that go out with a attacking attitude and such. But in a way the score is 160-159 to Denmark because when you get a win in goes into your win bar and gives you 5 points per winning team at the end of the competition.

Germany: Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Ozil, Podolski, Gomez. Subs: Wiese, Gundogan, Schmelzer, Howedes, Schurrle, Klose, Bender, Mertesacker, Kroos, Gotze, Reus, Zieler.

Portugal: Rui Patricio, Joao Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, Meireles, Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo. Subs: Eduardo, Custodio, Almeida, Quaresma, Nelson Oliveira, Ricardo Costa, Rolando, Ruben Micael, Varela, Miguel Lopes, Hugo Viana, Beto.

Germany: Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Ozil, Podolski, Gomez. Subs: Wiese, Gundogan, Schmelzer, Howedes, Schurrle, Klose, Bender, Mertesacker, Kroos, Gotze, Reus, Zieler.

Portugal: Rui Patricio, Joao Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, Meireles, Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo. Subs: Eduardo, Custodio, Almeida, Quaresma, Nelson Oliveira, Ricardo Costa, Rolando, Ruben Micael, Varela, Miguel Lopes, Hugo Viana, Beto.

:lol:

Also did you know that Schweinsteiger translates as "pig-mounter." :lol:

I'm so childish. :guilty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back