Offroad expansion?

stormhawk_83
Are there any plans for an offroad expansion (Rally, RallyX, even Outlaws?)

Presumably the physics model is easily capable of handling the different road surfaces etc.

Are there any plans for an offroad expansion (Rally, RallyX, even Outlaws?)

Presumably the physics model is easily capable of handling the different road surfaces etc.
It's surprisingly not the case. To get accurate dirt handling is extremely difficult. The most realistic game is richard burns rally. However nowadays you would to modell surface degradation the effect of weather etc. aswell as that you would need to do for about 8 different surfaces.
while gt has off-road stuff it's not realistic and is like driving on ice most of the time.

I would recommend anyone wanting to play an off-road game you get Richard burns rally and plug a wheel in.
The. Download the mod for it and play it again with a wrc car

Thanks for the replies. One of my friends has an Outlaws mod for one of the old Nascar games on the pc, so he was hoping something more...modern might appear. I personally prefer circuit racing so can't wait to get my hands on those GT3 cars :)

I quite enjoy watching RallyX and would love for it to be an extra section in PCARS but the offroad part should be properly looked into and released into the game at release instead of the game in a DLC.

It was discussed, the WMD members (mostly) and SMS agreed that pcars should focus on track racing and offroad should get its own full game down the line.
You heard it here first folks. Next up for SMS - Rally and Offroad Racing

its-happening-ron-paul-gif-300x199.gif

#justkidding!

while gt has off-road stuff it's not realistic and is like driving on ice most of the time.

+1 for that quote
Rallying in GT has, to me, been totally un realistic with no real 'feel' for what the car is doing. I've driven many vehicles of differing drive layouts ( FWD, RWD, 4WD) on gravel, dirt and snow in real life, and can say that GT has it all wrong.

^ Cool! Had to ask because MF 20 and MF 35 come in so many variants that it can be hard to pinpoint which from a tiny picture.

I have an MF 35 - a 1957 model with the 3 cylinder diesel engine and a hydraulic front loader. I was out clearing a few tons of snow with it earlier today. Old faithful, never misses a beat, starts and drives anywhere in any weather :)

I'll chance one more off topic post for the Massey Ferguson fans (well, it IS off road capable...), featuring an MF 20:

(that channel has videos with the V12 MF 20 doing actual snow clearing duties)

I'll chance one more off topic post for the Massey Ferguson fans (well, it IS off road capable...), featuring an MF 20:

(that channel has videos with the V12 MF 20 doing actual snow clearing duties)

That thing reminds me of the Brutus
th

Back