Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
It appears to be a lot of people--anyone responding with topical advice, really--not getting it. But I suspect the thread won't remain not locked for much longer.

I like to assume that, for the most part, people like this are just kids who don't know any better. I figured if someone steps in and give actual advice on racing, that they might not be completely clueless. It's probably futile attempt, but I'm on a conference call so I need something to do for a few minutes :lol:

It appears to be a lot of people--anyone responding with topical advice, really--not getting it. But I suspect the thread won't remain not locked for much longer.
Don't look at me this time. Remember, I'm the guy who likes the toxic show of "Seinfeld" since just by having one quote about something not even from the show, just said by Seinfeld, means I am toxic.

snlwflake
Snowy Owl Flake?

0026548e52cda6033683c445964e5947.jpg

I used to enjoy those types of threads and then enjoy competing against them on a confirmed time trial. It rarley happened as the OP was almost always evasive but on the off chance it did they were usually quite slow, except for one! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hello-from-team_skills.149116/. This is about the only time I remember a similar type thread with guys who can actually race. I raced against Supra_Skills in GT5 and he was very quick and totally backed up the hype, abiet they had to learn a bit of manners along the way.

Always pays to treat them with respect and give them a chance to prove themselves, though with how easy it is these days to go online and race the days of someone super fast rocking up out of nowhere are rare.

I don't see much point in calling people out for making up dumb stuff like that in this thread, because:
  1. They almost never care when people call them out in those threads in question; to the extent that most of them spread the same nonsense far and wide among all sorts of threads at the quickest opportunity.
  2. We're all probably better off if the people who exclusively post in the Gran Turismo forum to blow smoke up PD's ass never realize that there are other subforums on GTP.

Last edited:
So some dude has just bumped this thread after five years, apparently so determined to correct some info that he made an account solely to post. The real kicker is this part though:
Lamborghini made most of the block and duel TB intake manifold that crowns it, looks just like Diablo if you’ve ever owned one, I have them both, my94 rt10 is the same motor as my Diablo just has less intake valves and less aggressive LSA on the camshaft
Probably a nothingburger since I think he joined just to make that one post and leave, but you never know. Hope he's got a can of beans...

So some dude has just bumped this thread after five years, apparently so determined to correct some info that he made an account solely to post. The real kicker is this part though:

Probably a nothingburger since I think he joined just to make that one post and leave, but you never know. Hope he's got a can of beans...
You could have simply asked how does his 94 Viper have the same engine as his 6L V12 Diablo. That is the far more egregious portion than owning a 30 year old sports car that never appreciated in value.

Back