Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
So, uh...yeah. I think we’ve gone a while without one of these.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/flaws-of-the-tyre-model-simulation.374616/#post-12185250

I was in the GTS subforum where I noticed that someone had claimed that their brother owned a McLaren 650S.

Yeah but they spend all this time in making this game and it is nowhere near to what they claim it to be my brother has a Mclaren 650s and it’s far easier to drive in real life than in this game

I asked for proof, but they immediately got defensive and claimed that their family owned over a million pounds of Ducati motorcycles, which is...a lot.

I don’t care what people believe we have over a million pounds worth of Ducati motorcycles it’s got nothing to do with anybody else you wanted an opinion you got one end of what we have is irrelevant

I don’t want to brand this dude as a liar, but immediately getting defensive after I asked for proof was pretty weird.

Last edited:
So, uh...yeah. I think we’ve gone a while without one of these.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/flaws-of-the-tyre-model-simulation.374616/#post-12185250 ludiclaims time???

I was in the GTS subforum where I noticed that someone had claimed that their brother owned a McLaren 650S.

I asked for proof, but they immediately got defensive and claimed that their family owned over a million pounds of Ducati motorcycles, which is...a lot.

I don’t want to brand this dude as a liar, but immediately getting defensive after I asked for proof was pretty weird.

Textbook suspicious. Can't even try to come up with a cover up on the spot, this should be entertaining.

Ken
Is somebody making some lofty claims?

I think there have been two in that thread so far, one thing that makes more sense is slipstream saying his real life care experience showed him a problem with gts, both the other claims went one way in his favor and the other against. Trying to make a point based on one person's personal experience is not going to get the job done anyway but I'll take slips's word over the others.

Ken
Is somebody making some lofty claims?

i-see-what-you-did-there-and-i-dont-like-it-one-bit.jpg

I think there have been two in that thread so far, one thing that makes more sense is slipstream saying his real life care experience showed him a problem with gts, both the other claims went one way in his favor and the other against. Trying to make a point based on one person's personal experience is not going to get the job done anyway but I'll take slips's word over the others.

Thankfully, @SlipZtrEm made an article about his experience some time ago so we know he's at least not lying. ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/learned-driving-brand-new-porsches-track-silverstone/

A disgusting abomination, a low class cash grab nothing more. Totally misread the fan base and let the bean counters defile and ruin a legendary name.

Good job toyota, my mkiv will be the last toyota i ever purchase.

Well its actually you know, a toyota.

2013 actually.

I purchased it used, From a toyota dealership. Thus the last Toyota ill buy.

Nope. Ms Amgs Stangs GT350 especially Hellcats, hell any Vett are beautiful cash grabs that give the fanbase what they dream off.

As i already said, "I purchased it used, From a toyota dealership. Thus the last Toyota ill buy. "

This thing is totally being destroyed on supraforums, you know by actual supra owners that have been begging and whining for a new supra for 25 years ready to throw begs of money at Toyota to get one. It is Stunning how badly toyota fumbled this car. The actual enthusiast the Supra owner despise everything about it.

Yes and no, i was annoyed given prices were rock bottom around 08/09 but i just didn't have the ability to finance a old used car. BUT compared to the insanity of today's prices i got a bargain, one older lawyer was the owner full maintenance history at one dealership. A few bolt on's all HKS. took 4 or 5 trips to the dealer before we shook hands.

I was ready to give the dealer a call saying i'm the guy with the last Supra you ever sold lol here is 10K deposit i want the new one, but this thing is no Supra in my eyes. If i want a bimmer ill go to bmw and get an M.

Ft1 Supra id pay up to 100k (with every option possible), this i wouldn't pay 35k as a daily beater.

This is just such a letdown.
I guess it's time for some proof. All we ask is a photo of your supra which features a can of beans.

EDIT: Proof provided in the original thread. Case closed.

Last edited:
Regardless of his caterwauling about how Toyota hired literally Hitler to lead the design team for the A90, there's nothing at all ludicrous about someone claiming to own an A80; certainly not if it was bought 5 years ago when the market hadn't gone nuts yet.

It's not that it's outlandish to own a Supra it's just weird how the very first post of a brand new account casually threw in that he owned one. It wasn't relevant to the discussion at all. It seemed kind of opportunistic to me anyways. Post a bean pic and be done. If not, gtfo.

It's not that it's outlandish to own a Supra it's just weird how the very first post of a brand new account casually threw in that he owned one. It wasn't relevant to the discussion at all. It seemed kind of opportunistic to me anyways. Post a bean pic and be done. If not, gtfo.

This. Pretty much smells like the typical e Pein poster from years ago talking about a car they for some reason aren't showing, only this one seems less intent on hiding behind a car avater (or some stock pictures) to go along with his claim.

Why? This thread hasn't been good in years.

Agreed. Some of the attitudes guys have towards a potential liar is downright sad. I get that the thread can be funny, but forcing a witch hunt each time for a potential good 'case' is a tad desperate. Especially when people have complaints about an attitude - but return with being just as much of an ass - and even then continue to not let it go when proof is shown.

Back