Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
I don't have any ludicrous claims at the moment, but I do have Ludacris and a clam.
ludacris.jpg

clam.jpg

ExigeExcel
Do I really need to post a pic of the 2.4ltr Mid engined Previa? :sly:

Oh and is it BB's-Dad's Roush?

If you start to threaten us, I'll have to post pictures of the (now 6 months since last bath) 78Bhp Saxo !... Don't get me started !...

Does it have Lexus/Altezzas/Euro lights? And a chrome fuel cap. And set of alloys displaying teh front drum brake?

If not, post it up...It's a rarity!

I have a 12 inch penis. See I bet no-one will ask for a picture of that with a sign saying; wee_man - big willy : GTP .
Nah I really don't know why some people bother bull****ting soo much. I suppose they're always trying to out-do others on here, which is pretty sad, but meh.

I dunno about that thing with Famine, I know he does work with chemistry I think. But saying you've cured 200 people from cancer is a pretty broad statement in the fact that, that could be anything, it doesn't just mean he's a world leading surgeon. I believe him, and even if he did lie (thats not directed at you Famine I'm just saying), it wouldn't affect my opinion that he's a crap racer :P.

ExigeExcel
Does it have Lexus/Altezzas/Euro lights? And a chrome fuel cap. And set of alloys displaying teh front drum brake?

Is got t3h 14" alloys alright !.... And they're pretty damn dirty as well !..

ExigeExcel

Do they even exhist anymore?! That's not a rarity I think that's a classic. Anyway Flerbizky's got more taste than that, he's got 11" spinners, and neones on his aerial and in his exhaust.

I believe Kevs2fast posted videos a while back, his claims are not at all ludicrous. There was a kid in the ultima WR thrread that claimed his dad was building one and that they had put an old 540 in it. He posted a pic but it needs further verification.

BlazinXtreme
Good point, so I guess my 2,500hp Blazer slammed on 26's that will drift, drag, rally, autocross, and even beat a F1 isn't real huh? :lol:

Ford and Hemi, wow that must be a fast mustang :lol:.

Actually the Ford 429 engine was a Hemi. The only ford hemi ever, it has a hemispherical combustion chamber.

By the way, I just slapped a Trust T88 34D turbo on my Skyline and it dynoed 840rwhp on moderate tune. ;)

Don't you have an R32 in real life? I read something about an 800hp R32, apparently it's the fastest one in the US right now.

PS
Don't you have an R32 in real life? I read something about an 800hp R32, apparently it's the fastest one in the US right now.

I own a R33 in real life.... and now with my magic T88 turbo I will own that 800hp R32 :D

Your thinking of Skyline GTR, there are other Skylines besides GTR's, my Skyline is a GTS25t.

R32 GTR's you can pull a fuse to have RWD only, R33-34 GTR's you cant you need a torque splitter or remove the front driveshafts (I wouldnt like to do that though).

Keep in mind GTR with their ALTESSA ETS (4wd system) runs in Rwd intill power is need to the front wheels and checks that at a rate of 40 times a second (ETS PRO on V-specs do it at 1000 times a second).

Sorry my error I just noticed I wrote ALTESSA, but its its ATESSA.

CAMAROBOY69
There is one that comes to me when I think about it though. In This post Famine states he cured cancer in 200 people. Could have been a joke. If that is true that would be incredible information to post in here. I did a search and didnt find it anywhere.
Still waiting for an answer...

Sorry, didn't notice it the first time you posted it.

It was a short, snappy answer to a self-absorbed idiot which was broadly true, but not 100% factually correct. The patient cohort of 200+ I was involved with had a 99% cure rate and the test I helped developed gives an early warning of colorectal cancer and facilitates quicker treatment and thus higher chances of complete remission.

At the time I was working as a Science Technician in the Department of Surgery at Imperial College, London, based in the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London and funded by Colon Cancer Concern. The total members of that department numbered 4 - a consultant surgeon, a training consultant surgeon, a finance officer and a science technician.

So, while I was never up to my armpits in arseholes, my results - combined with results from two predecessors (who left an 18 month backlog of samples which I completely cleared WHILE running my own samples in the 20 months I was there) - were instrumental in the course of treatment for at least the 200+ (I think we had 248 by the time I left) patients in our cohort and likely three times as many since.

Did you ever get any certificates or rewards or any kind of puplic or private recognition? I would have to assume if you cured cancer and saved lives, that would mean something to someone and you would obtain something.
Since your a teacher now, is that why you havent cured any more cancer?
These are not questions to attack you. So dont take them as offensive obligations. I just think its amazing and I am surprised you didnt ever post the articles or informaion on this site anywhere. 👍

I'm not a teacher - I'm a science technician.

However, it was "just" my job at the time. I've spent a few years in education getting degrees (B.Sc. Molecular Biology & Genetics, M.Sc. Human Genetics & Disease) and cancers are pretty much my specialty - I've been in research in lymphoma, soft tissue sarcomas and colorectal carcinoma. But I'm just one guy in amongst a big bunch of people - cancers are curable and are cured every day. Overall if you have "cancer" you can expect a better than 75% chance you will be cured of it - some cancers have higher cure rates than others. Testicular cancer has a 98% cure rate, astrocytomas are down in the low teens. All work is with the aim of improving those cure rates - and a lot of it depends on detection (my part) and surgical intervention.

I never expected any recognition for it. I've got my degree certificates as my reward, and a couple of papers to my name (although not as an author). Every time we had a patient come in for a 6-monthly follow-up and there wasn't any cancer there was also a reward.

However, research is a very transient business. You're given short-term, rolling contracts and are very much at the mercy of "politics". Our funding charity took their ball (and money) home because of a disagreement with our boss and I found myself out of a job. That's not a good way to pay a mortgage. So now I'm in a more permanent position, learning what I consider to be some extra skills with a view to moving back into research as a university employee.

Famine, do you know a man by the name of Kevin Trudeau? He claims that all types of cancers can be cured by alkalizing ones body PH. The FDA prohibites him from giving too much info on TV, but he tells us to buy his book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to know About." Is his claims true? Is cancer really that easy to cure?

No.

Nice summary :D

Cancer is not AS hard to cure as it once was, but it is a peculiarly pervasive disease (or rather a group of diseases) and it's still relatively difficult to get what can be defined as complete remission. But it is not and never has been "easy" to cure - even though there exists cases where a tumour has spontaneously regressed.

Famine
No.

Nice summary :D

Cancer is not AS hard to cure as it once was, but it is a peculiarly pervasive disease (or rather a group of diseases) and it's still relatively difficult to get what can be defined as complete remission. But it is not and never has been "easy" to cure - even though there exists cases where a tumour has spontaneously regressed.

Just as I thought. And to think I was getting my hopes up! :grumpy:

This is my daily driver and my track car.

But replace "track" with "parking lot".

And the parking lot's usually full of cars. Non-moving ones, in fact.

Attachments

• ae101-proof.jpg
    ae101-proof.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 304
well here r my type r daily drivah it gotz teh t1000 turbo n bout 890 whp it gotz teh rwd converzionz so i can do mad tite driftz around teh blok evrybodys liek wut te fuks dat
i alzo hav a drag awd cobra with 2450 rwhp n 7.60 332 mph

Smoke_U_24/7
Just as I thought. And to think I was getting my hopes up! :grumpy:

I saw that guy on late night videots. He was a complete wackjob, I asked my doctor about it and he said he was a complete wackjob too. Although it does seem feasible that the FDA is just one giant profitwhoring company screwing over thousands of people every day. Anyway, thats y ludicrous claim. The FDA is one big conspiracy.

Back