Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Since the thread was raised from the dead... I have a snowblower with a 6 forward and 2 reverse gearbox. Do I need a picture for that? :P

FPS_nOOb
wow... yet the convo thread was closed. :dunce:

This sort of thing is the exactly why the convo thread was closed. When this thread was started - almost a year ago, lest we forget - the convo thread was in full swing. The reason it was closed was that people were having convo thread-style conversations - only useful to the people in the conversation - outside the convo thread, just like this rather old thread.

Roo
This sort of thing is the exactly why the convo thread was closed. When this thread was started - almost a year ago, lest we forget - the convo thread was in full swing. The reason it was closed was that people were having convo thread-style conversations - only useful to the people in the conversation - outside the convo thread, just like this rather old thread.
What do you expect from someone who willingly calls themself a n00b?

In interests of fact-checking, I can no longer prove I own a '93 Corolla. A sad day indeed.

Here's proof I own a 1988 Bandit Model 200 wood chipper. I got her just last week. Got some frsh oil in there and I've already started mulching wood at a pretty good rate. Here you go:

Excellent, can I see same sign with a pile of wood you've just chipped.

Preferably w/out human parts in it.

Der Alta
Excellent, can I see same sign with a pile of wood you've just chipped.

Preferably w/out human parts in it.

It was hard to find some that weren't red, but found some clean stuff on the curb. Most of it made it into the truck ;)

Some of the bigger ones the 200 can't handle.

I can prove these are my scissors.

scissors.jpg

ultrabeat
I can prove these are my scissors.

scissors.jpg

The picture's clearly too small to rule out Photoshopping. You'll have to provide us with a bigger image or you run the risk of being accused of thievery or perjury. Think carefully before you post again!

daan
I've just fitted a stage 2 turbo to my 406 Coupe.

turboengine.jpg

You can see it there. It's the bit that says "Stage II Turbo".

I'm still saving up for the stage 4, although I've just recently found out it's possible to get a stage 5!

:lol:

Just reading through this thread. Didn't know anything like it existed but I'm not surprised. There's always someone making a ludicrous claim.

Last summer I sat in, caressed the steering wheel of, rowed some gears in, and nearly orgasmed on some guy's Saleen S7. I met him at, where else, a swapmeet! He also had an F40, XJ220, Diablo, and Countach to supplement the S7. He owned them all. My cousin, Tyler, was with me and we both got a turn in the guy's Saleen. He said I could pick one to check out, and I was stuck between the S7 and Diablo, but since he had to move the S7 to let some oldie goldie get past I chose the S7. Now I wish I would have picked the F40. What an idiot am I! And yes, you can see the carbon fiber weave through its very thin, lightweight paint. Especially on the spoiler.
No pictures, but I swear to whatever god you worship that this little story isn't bull. I still think it's awesome that he pretty much came up to me and asked me to check one out. I guess he saw the way I studied and scrutinized the design up close of all of them, even the underbodys. I have a habit of doing that with new cars, especially at auto shows.

sn00pie
I've been parked next to a Gallardo once. (Okay it was three cars down... :()
The only Lambo I've ever seen in the flesh was a Countach, in England. My list of supercars I've seen (that I can remember) isn't too much more extensive than that, just a couple of Testerosas, the Countach...
and a silver Mclaren F1. One of three in the US. Unfortunately, it was while my family and I were leaving Telluride, and it was driving the other way, no time to even reach for a camera :(.

I drove past a diablo once...it sounded like it was in a higher gear (crusing at 35) and then I saw an older 911 and I believe to be a Ferrari 308 (in the same lane behind each other in a line!)

My windows were down and the loudest of them was the diablo...it sounded like it had either no muffler or a V12 Civic (loud even at crusing!)

Well, I've been hiding this for quite some time now, but I feel I must confess to you all -- I am God.

I didn't have a pen or paper handy (or rather, I couldn't find them, because I am invisible, and so is anything that belongs to me), so I hope you'll accept this as proof:

I took that picture with my invisible digi-cam after carving the message into the clouds with my invisible finger from my invisible space-throne.

Ok, ok, my parents really own one of these instead of the Jag.

small-car-large.jpg

Edit: I forgot, it has 18in rims. :D

sn00pie
I've been parked next to a Gallardo once. (Okay it was three cars down... :()

ive only been graced by a lambo's presence once in my 21 year lifetime. myself and my mom were coming donw I-80 and stopped at a rest area when one pulled up about 30 spaces away (far from any other car). out gets a guy who is dressed in armani everything. pops in a cig, and walks away. what do i do? walk up to the car. i was drooling (figurativly, not literally) all over this car as he was watching my every move. he was not a friendly person. well, either way i had to p*ss, so after he left right behind us and flew past us after re-entering the highway.

Latest Posts

Back