Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
PS
Although it does seem feasible that the FDA is just one giant profitwhoring company screwing over thousands of people every day. Anyway, thats y ludicrous claim. The FDA is one big conspiracy.

Not very feasible considering the US Food and Drug Administration is a federal agency and has no need to profitwhore since their revenue comes from taxation.

Anyway, can we get back on topic, please?

M

///M-Spec
Not very feasible considering the US Food and Drug Administration is a federal agency and has no need to profitwhore since their revenue comes from taxation.

Anyway, can we get back on topic, please?

M

It was a ludicrous claim though, and the lack of reasoning makes it even more ludicrous. But the way this guy puts it, says that since the drugs don't work 100% of the time, they'll always have those people who have to keep paying for medicare and thus they profit from it.

PS
It was a ludicrous claim though, and the lack of reasoning makes it even more ludicrous. But the way this guy puts it, says that since the drugs don't work 100% of the time, they'll always have those people who have to keep paying for medicare and thus they profit from it.

I'm sure this is not the type of stuff Der Alta had in mind when he created this thread. Take your conspiracy theory over to Opinions and let the regulars there eat it for breakfast. :lol:

M

menglan
Now that's what I'm talking about. Someone calls BS, and asks for pics. You provide. BS withdrawn. Respect issued.

Now the kid with the 685hp mustang has seemingly vanished. Hence, BS calls still stands.

AO

Actually, Nobody BS'ed me, I just put the pics to silence doubt.

I'll get pics soon of my new 14 x 7 E-T Torq-Thrust lookalikes..

menglan

I can't believe someone actually still owns one of these. They are pretty cool though just because you don't see them everywhere. And I like the bullet hole in the window. Anyways sorry to get off topic.

Maybe (we/you/they) should put the Conspiracy Theories thread in the Hobbies forum!

Meh.

Der Alta
Now the kid with the 685hp mustang has seemingly vanished. Hence, BS calls still stands.

Not 685hp. 685 rear wheel hp. Use a drivetrain loss of 17% and that's an 825 at the crankshaft, roughly double factory output. Such cars do exist, of course, but they are not exactly a dime a dozen...

M

BlazinXtreme
I can't believe someone actually still owns one of these. They are pretty cool though just because you don't see them everywhere. And I like the bullet hole in the window. Anyways sorry to get off topic.

Thanks! I'm not sure I like the hole, Geting a new windshield would be $400, But the hole kinda gives the car some character.

///M-Spec
Meh.

Not 685hp. 685 rear wheel hp. Use a drivetrain loss of 17% and that's an 825 at the crankshaft, roughly double factory output. Such cars do exist, of course, but they are not exactly a dime a dozen...

M

...nor street legal...

He'd be pulled over for excessive noise faster than you can say "omg listen to how loud this thing is!".

That, and slicks = illegal on public roads.

I have a 720 hp civic ( 1995 DX model ) ( convertible ) with stock 13" tires, and can get 8.9 second 1/4 mile times...and still get to enjoy the 42 " plasma screen in the trunk with a 3500 watt sound system...

TwinTurboJay
I have a 720 hp civic ( 1995 DX model ) ( convertible ) with stock 13" tires, and can get 8.9 second 1/4 mile times...and still get to enjoy the 42 " plasma screen in the trunk with a 3500 watt sound system...

M4D tyte yo!!

PS
...nor street legal...

He'd be pulled over for excessive noise faster than you can say "omg listen to how loud this thing is!".

That, and slicks = illegal on public roads.

Nope. Not nessessarily. Entirely possible for a 700 rwhp Cobra to be fully street legal.

M

///M-Spec
Nope. Not nessessarily. Entirely possible for a 700 rwhp Cobra to be fully street legal.

M

Holy crap. Just goes to show the possibilities of a bigass American engine. Just imagine if they had a catback on that? There must be quite a bit of back-pressure on the exhaust manifold with stock exhaust piping. And what kind of tires was he using? I'll bet it's loud. [/end futile attempt at making it a little less street legal]

Alright I thought I should take a picture, I could get the whole truck in with the name plate so I just put it right about the plate that says Xtreme Blazer on it. Also note the billet bowtie. But then again, why would I lie about a Blazer?

Because your Blazer can pwn an F1. :dopey:
Good point, so I guess my 2,500hp Blazer slammed on 26's that will drift, drag, rally, autocross, and even beat a F1 isn't real huh?

No, Just kidding. I don't think anyone would lie about owning a blazer. I like the Billet bowtie. 👍

BlazinXtreme
Good point, so I guess my 2,500hp Blazer slammed on 26's that will drift, drag, rally, autocross, and even beat a F1 isn't real huh? :lol:

Ford and Hemi, wow that must be a fast mustang :lol:.
Uh actulay Ford did make a Hemi.
The 429 modular motor?
From Nascar racing
used in the Ford Torino, Ford Falcon (aussie), Ford Mustang Boss 429, Mercury Cougar Eliminator....
BAck in the 60s and 70s nascar required you to have X amount of cars on the street with that engine or produce x amount of street cars with said engine or tranny etc...
And actualy my 05 GT is real.
Mustang GT, not the supercar.
And digicams are $15 where you live?
I do have a few pics my buddies took of the blower and some other stuff.
http://www.alaskamotorsports.com/photopost/uploads/771/blower_quarter.jpg
that's the day it arrived VIA UPS....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/RiffRaff281/102_0396.jpg
new brakes from a few weeks back.
Those are actualy supposed to be 03/04 Cobra brakes, but they fit and work fine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/RiffRaff281/102_0397.jpg
More brakes.
And yes I do most of my own work on my car, cept for the chip tuning, I have to goto a shop since I don't have a dyno to see wtf I'm doing with the cpu....
And this is the day I picked her up.
http://g.myspace.com/00030/36/90/30090963_l.jpg
Notice I leter swapped out those ugly standard rims...
Had to settle for the uglies at first, but hey... I made $350 selling them to my boss for his 93 LX 5.0......
Shoulda kept em and just put the winter tires on those oh well
Found the optional ones on Ebay. Payed $600 but I got what I wanted...
Thats all I can gather for now, I'll try to find more.
Would go searching now but I gotta fly. Gotta go do our first oil change! Yipie skippie! Well first oil change that was needed cuz of mileage. For every motor mod the oil was obviously changed....
And I gotta change off the snow tires. Which means going to the garage I work at at 7 am tommorow, changing the rims over, and balancing and that mess. But if all goes well, I can be outta there by 9:30 and have time toget to McDonalds b4 they stop serving breakfast.
Peace!

Oh and if you wanna know how I got the money for this stuff.
Grandfather passed away recently, left me and my little bro
his savings, and a good portion of the insurance cash since
we are the only 2 grandkids.
Plus I have savings bonds coming due that I got when I was
younger.
And when I was 3 I ate paint chips from a lead painted window sill
and the court said that the original owners should have fixed this before selling my parents the house, so when I turned 18 I got a check for $26,000 for consolation.
Parents chose this route over them getting the money and putting it away since they knew I would make better use when I was 18 than just putting it in my bank account and letting me use it. Oh and like most people I have a job. I work in a body shop just up the road from me. And yes I do make payments on the car.
I pay $98 a month for insurance (good driver no accidents), and I pay $235 a month on the car and put down $1500 when I first test drove it.
And as for the cars hp, I not entirely sure at this point as it needs another tune.
Won't be able to dyno it till next saturday at the earliest since I working all next week. and I will admit 635 is my estimated crank hp since I don't wanna yank the motor for that, to get crank hp on a modded car, just figure out what number minus 15% or so equals your rwhp.....
After the math it came to 635.
my rwhp is honestly 540.
but car companies do it by crank so why can't I...... :dopey:

Nice pictures, but you still havent fullfilled the requirements. Anyone can scrounge the internet for various parts and claim that they put them on themselves.

Until you prove yourself by throwing down a slip of paper with GTP and you user name on it along with interior shots with the slip, will anyone begin to believe.

Ford 429 Hemi
and I will admit 635 is my estimated crank hp since I don't wanna yank the motor for that, to get crank hp on a modded car, just figure out what number minus 15% or so equals your rwhp.....
After the math it came to 635.
my rwhp is honestly 540.
but car companies do it by crank so why can't I...... :dopey:

Typical transmission losses:

FWD = 15%
RWD = 17%
4WD = 25%

Assuming manual transmission.

540rwhp becomes 650fwhp, or thereabouts. Nevertheless, that's still an estimate. If no-one's nailed a dynomometer to your flywheel, you shouldn't quote fwhp other than as an estimate. That said, unless you have the most efficient FR drivetrain ever, it's not likely to be lower than 650.

Famine, take note that MR cars suffer the same power loss as FWD cars.

Either way, those power numbers need a dyno or something...

BTW, does my 190 Flywheel Est AW11 MR2 qualify as Ludicrous?? :P

Whatever happened to that member who claimed he was a multi-millionaire but had spent it all and had nothing left to show for it?

FPS_nOOb
wow... yet the convo thread was closed. :dunce:
Get over it already... and was it really necessary to post that in this thread, which has been dormant for almost a year?

Back