Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Poor lost little pony. Some one led it to water and it was too busy test driving cars to drink. So it died of it's own stupidity.

If you are trying to mock bronies, I think you're trying too hard and should probably stop. Neither clever nor quick with it.

It will be nice to see where this all goes though, as I'm honestly tired of hearing about "because test driver."

I'm not even trying to be clever. The brony thing is just ridiculous, like a 20 year old test driver. :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

[
And before someone asks about the Z, I did have to pay freight and I had to wait like everyone else for theirs. Just because I am employed by them doesn't mean that I am a high-priority client or anyhthing.
[/B]
How many cup holders does a 370Z come with?

And, I'm not sure why you had to "wait like everyone else". Nobody else waited--to the general public, they have been plentiful and readily-available on dealership lots since they were released in the U.S. three years ago.

Does he have a time limit to respond? If he keeps posting on the forum but not here, he should be slapped anyways.

Scaff covered that a page back,

The very next post you make will either be proof or a retraction, anything else will be seen as an AUP violation and will see action taken by the staff.

That action could include a temporary or permanent ban.

Think about that before you next post.

👍

Poor lost little pony. Some one led it to water and it was too busy test driving cars to drink. So it died of it's own stupidity.

Didn't Alex do the whole 'hatin' on Bronys' thing already about 3 months ago?

Can we not have a revival of that please, it drove me nuts. :)

(And no, I'm not a Brony, I'm a Shem.)

its always nice to give the member a chance.

👍 Presumed innocence is the correct thing.
Not being able to provide the proof requested does not mean a lot though, but some proof must be possible, even if they are some Photo's in a PM of him at work (including the GT Planet Logo and time-stamp proof).

People must understand that this is not against them, it is just to keep GTPlanet realistic.

I repeat:

busted.jpg

With what? You are not a professional test driver or race driver?

If that is the case, well done. Honesty is always the best policy.

I mean I'm never going to mention anything about it ever again.

You do understand one of those qualifications to be a test driver for either a race team or manufacturer is an ability to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement right? And you're way off the mark when it comes to test drivers for a manufacturer being less strict as far as said qualifications...generally you need to have had atleast 5-7 years in the industry along with an engineering degree...but hey, when we're lieing on the internet it's always good to make stuff up right?

I'll just stop with the whole thing.

That's not what I asked for.

My request was quite specific and you have failed to address any of the points raised.

As such simply pretending it didn't happen is not an option (remember you opened this box, not us), either proof or a retraction is your next action.

Failure to do either will result in a ban if you post again.

Scaff

Because I am an idiot who couldn't cover their bases. Besides I could have done worse....

Thanks for admitting it 👍

It was a bit silly to say you were living the life that most guys here would give their right arm to do.

Now we should all just carry on with our mundane lives.... :indiff:

Except for hfs who is allegedly off to some European Motor show in some fancy hybrid Lexus. As if that could possibly be true...

Scaff
I've worked with a few Renault/Nissan test and development drivers, its over a decade ago now, but I know what they used to look for in a driver and what's involved in the insurance in Europe.

Simply put to be a road car test and development driver in Europe you would need to be at least 21, legal cover would not touch you on the road at any lower age. Now that might be only in Europe, but test and development driving involves world travel (all weather testing for example is often carried out in Scandinavia and a lot of road sign-off for Europe is done in both Germany and the UK) and the ability to drive the car any place needed.

I've never (in near twenty years in the motor industry) come across a test/development driver under 25.

Sorry if those is a slight derail, but:
About 10 years ago, the lead artist on a games I was doing some design work on had previously been a test driver for Ford.

Sort of.

He did an engineering degree and got a position at Ford for his year in industry. Evidently, on the first day, they were talking to all the students about the diferent departments they could work in. they asked who had a drivers licence, he put his hand up and they told him to go to testing. He then spent the year being a test driver.

Given that this would have been his third year, he would have been about 20 at the time.

Though he was in his 30s when I knew him, so he would have been in uni in the late 80s - early 90s, so maybe it's different now.

Back