Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
This was wasace96's thread about him drifiting an fpv.
At first I thought he just meant on GT4 until I read the whole thing, and the comments to follow . . .

this is the story about one of my cars gt4 ver but i got it in real life aswell

Famine was quick to sort this one out

You know the drill. Photograph please, with handwritten "I love GTPlanet" sign or a tin of custard in shot.

He also claimed to own :

yes yes/no no and yes/no i own a honda accord euro (acura tsx) , subaru impreza wrx wagon my06 , ace desines x6 turbo clubsport (i built it my self with my company) and a ford falcon xr6t

Errr

300km/h or 180mph in a ford falcon v8 supercar at bathurst1000 in 1998 crashed at lap71

Hmm

the kit car is sold and im building a new car
about the falcon its not for drift its my dally driven car

Christ!

i did in 98 but i havent gorn back since then

Well Famines back

No, you didn't. The official stats do not correlate with your version of events in any way.

wasace96 has been banned (yay) :) and so has the account he made afterward (internet user)

Click Here For The Whole Thread

This had me laughing more

By BMWM3//// (banned now)

COOLEST STORY SO FAR:My Dad's friend Bought a Brand new 1969 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet when he got back from 'Nam, he'd been saving his money up when he was over there. My Dad was ridin with him, and the got the speedo needle back to ZERO! those got to 160, so they were going between 180-200 by my judgement. They stoopped when the front end started lifting up and the hood looked like it was going to fly off. The guy raced it all the time, the only car he couldnt beat was a modded 69 GTO

:lol:

What an idiot

It's impossible because that's not the way the speedometer works. Besides, there's that little pin that stops the needle from going all the way around.

A '69 428 Mach One is capable of going plenty fast - but with a four speed transmission and the short rear common to the era of acceleration, he'd be redlined at well below 160 mph, let alone 180-200.

Why are people driven to compulsively lie on the internet, anyway?

Omnis
Why are people driven to compulsively lie on the internet, anyway?

They get away with it too often. A lot of people on the internet are gullible and/or stupid. I suppose it also makes them feel big or important, people are looking up to them because they 'have' great cars, girlfriends, houses etc.

You can easily tell a liar anyway, just look at all the quotes posted in this thread. . . . .

The way they speak, like they think they're cool.

This is pretty stupid aswell, if you understand that is . . . .

GT4 - 99.6% Complete - just mission 34 to go!

With only Mission 34 to go, you'd be 99.8% through GT4 not 99.6%

True, but they could be leaving off an obscure manufacture race, and not realize it. So that could go either way. However, on the internet , it's (unfortunately) usually safer to say they are lying. It's the anonymity that's emboldens people to lie, as they'll never have to confront anyone one-on-one. The abilty to hide behind a moniter is also why so many people insult and demean others on the net; they never have to actually confront anyone.

You can't see the person typing, or the people reading, so they simply lie. All internet offers is text. There is no emotion, changes in tones of speech, or evidence that allows most of us to judge whether if the person is a liar or not in real life.

But most liars don't know what the hell a grammer and spelling is, and they usually type very lousy.

I love it when people say things like that, I remember a guy claiming he used to have millions of dollars but spent it all.

live4speed
I love it when people say things like that, I remember a guy claiming he used to have millions of dollars but spent it all.
scooby'something' or whatever his name was.
He said that he won a million dollar and he spent it all, as you said.
haha

GeorgeMorley
You can easily tell a liar anyway, just look at all the quotes posted in this thread. . . . .

The way they speak, like they think they're cool.

This is pretty stupid aswell, if you understand that is . . . .

With only Mission 34 to go, you'd be 99.8% through GT4 not 99.6%

Incidentally, I found a bronze today on the Formula GT race around the Nurburgring. I've been looking for it a while but never could find it. I'll update my sig as soon as I complete it.

Hardly a 'ludicrous claim' though.:rolleyes:

No hardly a ludcrous claim that, a simple mistake, unlike claiming to own 5 ferrrari's and not owning a digicam or camera phone to provide proof.

I probably believe the 155mph bit (get loonies in Beemers charging down the motorway often here), but police tracking radar? :confused:

I don't know if they can, I suppose they could track the specific frequencies but they'd need to be within a certain range.

In most U.S. states, radar detectors are perfectly legal, so it doesn't really matter if the cop knows you have one or not. I'm not sure if there is some way for the police to detect radar detectors, but again, it matters not. Radar scramblers on the other hand, are illegal in most areas. Those are the things that absorb the police radar/laser, and send back a signal that corresponds to "31 mph" or something ludicrous like that.
live4speed
unlike claiming to own 5 ferrrari's and not owning a digicam or camera phone to provide proof.
To be fair, after paying for 5 Ferraris and insurance, there is probably no money left for a camera. That must be it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to take delivery of a Veyron and a CCX. Screw "Top Gear"; I want to test both myself. If you guys don't call me a liar and if you refrain from the typical "prove it" crap, I might get my friend to take pictures to post. If you don't want to believe me, that's your problem, not mine.

kylehnat
To be fair, after paying for 5 Ferraris and insurance, there is probably no money left for a camera. That must be it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to take delivery of a Veyron and a CCX. Screw "Top Gear"; I want to test both myself. If you guys don't call me a liar and if you refrain from the typical "prove it" crap, I might get my friend to take pictures to post. If you don't want to believe me, that's your problem, not mine.
You forgot the "/troll"

Back