OK... I give up on the 1000 cars trophy.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 74 comments
  • 7,556 views
Messages
91
Messages
hot_cheese
I have only about 500 cars now and it's already ridiculous... You won't believe how hard or frustrating to sort and find your cars. Only 100 can be favorite is just plain stupid.

My garage is flooded with pretty much all version of Skyline and RX7 in just about every colors too.... It's so full of cars I will never touch.

I gave up. When I go home later, I will delete/sell everything I don't want. I think I'll end up with maybe 110 cars or less....
 
The question is...how long do you plan on playing this game? If you are close to done with it and about to move onto another, it doesn't matter. If you're going to keep playing it until GT6...just buy cars, get the trophy, THEN have a massive sell-off. No sense in giving up now. You're half-way there.
 
I have a ways to go but hopefully i'll get there before GT6. I don't play that often and only have around 200 cars right now. After everything i do i check the USD and just buy stuff i don't have.
I drive every car at least once and also have a check list of how many miles are on a car when I buy it and when i rebuild engines and chassis. Makes it a little more fun that way
 
How about instead of deleting those cars you gift them to you friends? No need to just waste them.
 
I have a mighty 830, and still going.
 
If it's that bad, then just buy a LOT of karts.
 
It is hard. You get a mass amount of 200, and then you see one beauty and you sell off half the garage for it. I stick to race cars but any time I want to splurge I just go for it.
 
I have just over 550 cars on my way to trying to get them all and in doing that the trophy. I understand what you are saying and can't argue with what you say, though I personally will not give up and will get there eventually, I have come to far not too.:D
 
It is hard. You get a mass amount of 200, and then you see one beauty and you sell off half the garage for it. I stick to race cars but any time I want to splurge I just go for it.

I haven't sold a single car.
 
I also have about 760 (different) cars, and I have about 16 million credits. My best asset(s) however: 150 copies of the Ferrari F-40, each worth 135,000 credits. Instant 20 million whenever I need it, just back-up my save, sell all F-40's, buy car worth 20 million credits or less, dupe it to my other account, and restore save with F-40's still unsold.
 
I have around 320 cars, I'm not collecting, just buying cars I like.
 
750 of those cars are basically useless when it comes to racing anyway. I know people will give me crap for that, but it's true.
 
855 here, 844 different and 11 cars double.

130 premium and 724 used cars.

Doing the Bspec DreamCar event over and over again for the money, and at the same time for maxing out a career bar for one of my drivers for that trophy.

No duping, trading or anything like that :)
 
750 of those cars are basically useless when it comes to racing anyway. I know people will give me crap for that, but it's true.

That is true, however the credits are also useless if you don't spend them.;)
 
I have all but about 60 or so of the standards on my main account now and 50 or so of those on my secondary account. Looking to get them all.
 
I also have about 760 (different) cars, and I have about 16 million credits. My best asset(s) however: 150 copies of the Ferrari F-40, each worth 135,000 credits. Instant 20 million whenever I need it, just back-up my save, sell all F-40's, buy car worth 20 million credits or less, dupe it to my other account, and restore save with F-40's still unsold.

Sound like a mega hasle, wouldn't it just be easier to trade for the 20m cars?
 
Sound like a mega hasle, wouldn't it just be easier to trade for the 20m cars?

I think this would be better indeed... I have at least all the Cr.10-20 million premium cars and only ever had 2 F-40s...
the.true.samiam should get an award for collecting more than 100 of the same car though, it is some sort of achievement.
 
I also have about 760 (different) cars, and I have about 16 million credits. My best asset(s) however: 150 copies of the Ferrari F-40, each worth 135,000 credits. Instant 20 million whenever I need it, just back-up my save, sell all F-40's, buy car worth 20 million credits or less, dupe it to my other account, and restore save with F-40's still unsold.

Did you buy those Ferraris yourself?
 
I am 2 cars short of having every car in the game, not counting Stealth cars although I do have 2 of those. It is monumentally boring cataloging every car you have, I started only after I had about 200, took me days to sort them out and type out every last one. It's worse when it comes to checking them against the ones in the master list as that list is not very accurate when it comes to actual car names (in the game) and garages certain cars should be in.

Worth it if you have the time do do it though, only had about 20-30 from trading too which although still high is not bad really compared to how many I have bought.
 
Because you glitched/duped the vast majority of them.
 
Because you glitched/duped the vast majority of them.

I have over 800 cars, don't you think it would be stupid to glitch a lot of them?
I glitch/traded for expensive ones, such as the XJ13.
Why do you care?
 
I got the 1,000 trophy a couple days ago.
Finding the last 31 cars is proving to be quite hard.
I go through dozens of UCD cycles without seeing a single car I don't own.
And I hate when I see the same damn car over and over, even sometimes right next to each other.
They should have built in some logic to make the cars you are missing more likely to show up than the ones you already have.
 
Well I can't speak for him but the only cars I've sold are the duplicates that I accrued with the exception of having two X1s. I haven't done any duplicate / glitch stuff and got all my cars from winnings or purchases. Intend to keep it that way too. =)
 
Don't think I will ever get all of them. Do I want every skyline and rx-7? No, not really, same way I don't want every road car. I will get what I want and leave it at that, I have most race cars now through winning/trading/buying. After that not a lot left on my wishlst, I want to spend some time actually driving and not collecting.
 
I understand. I am missing 74 used cars and it gets pretty difficult to find them, really, but I'm not willing to give up, yet. (And then there are 2x20 million cars, one 12.5 mil and one 10 mil, oh dear)
 
I'll get there... somehow... a VERY long time from now!

I've bought over half the cars I want and am at just over 320... not sure what's gonna happen when I start having to buy cars I don't want to drive just to get the trophy! My garage will be a mess, but at least I'll get some good funds from selling them off once I get there!
 
Back