OK... I give up on the 1000 cars trophy.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 74 comments
  • 7,556 views
ThreadHijackOnecopy.jpg




Why not just backup to a USB?
I personally back up to two USBs and my laptop, which I have also backed up :D

Great pic! I back up like this (don't laugh, too many horror stories on this forum about lost gamesaves): Every time I do something meaningful, I exit and back up to my external hard drive (in case something happens to my PS3) and to my two (two of them in case I accidentally delete one or something) 'back-up' user accounts (in case something happens to my external hard drive). Then at the end of each day I back up the file on my external to my laptop AND my PC (in case something happens to both my PS3 and my external hard drive). Short of a house fire, I can only lose one day's worth of data.
Don't laugh.
I plan to get at least one off each car.

For the cars I like the most. I will have at least two. One I can tune, and one that I keep completely stock.

I only have maybe around 350 so far, but im not in a hurry, as I plan to play GT 5 for a long time.

Also it would be great if there was some sort of indicator in the dealership, if we already owned a car.

Anyhow its not that hard, I just use a printed out paper with a list off all the cars in the game, and then scratch them from the list, when I buy them.

That's what I do too, with the printed paper. I also use mygranturismo.net. I am trying to have 3 of each car (1 to tune, 1 stock, and 1 zero-mile untouched 'museum piece' lol).
 
Great pic! I back up like this (don't laugh, too many horror stories on this forum about lost gamesaves): Every time I do something meaningful, I exit and back up to my external hard drive (in case something happens to my PS3) and to my two (two of them in case I accidentally delete one or something) 'back-up' user accounts (in case something happens to my external hard drive). Then at the end of each day I back up the file on my external to my laptop AND my PC (in case something happens to both my PS3 and my external hard drive). Short of a house fire, I can only lose one day's worth of data.
Don't laugh.

Yeah, I don't blame you.
Losing two months of hard work would be devastating.
But even if I did, I would still start again.
 
I have only about 500 cars now and it's already ridiculous... You won't believe how hard or frustrating to sort and find your cars. Only 100 can be favorite is just plain stupid.
I actually wish the game had the ability to "add" garages. I'd love to be able to have 20 different garages with custom names so that I can find cars more easily.
 
I was hoping the seasonal events would eventually cover all the cars in the game.
1,047 cars at 5 races per week. My collection should be complete in just over 4 years.
 
There's 1047 cars to collect.


Famine
Well... you'd expect me to be doing this sort of thing by now, surely?

Please bear in mind that this is a work in progress at this point in time. I've completed* the list of all the available cars on the very first "day" of play to this point, which is just 231 of the 1031 cars available in the game. Since I've not actually played any of the game yet, this list is comprised of dealership figures only - that's DEALERSHIP FIGURES ONLY - and you should be aware that power ratings will probably change when the cars get to your garage, along with missing data for drivetrain and weight (thanks once again for that, PD) where applicable. This file will take some time to finish, but I'm getting good at this now

I've always went by this number...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134149
 
I wish the garage layout resembled the Dealership layout. I hate sifting through so many cars, they need a virtual garage or something.
 
I use mygranturismo.net
The website you listed includes the chromeline and stealth model vehicles. I don't know about you, but i'm not going to lurk about on eBay to pay for
overpriced redemption codes... So yes, in my opinion i do have every car.
 
Probably been asked many times

"Why the hell can't you take your entire garage online ?"

just seems stupid that you can't
 
I have exactly 250 and touch maybe 20, tops
Rest I buy for collections or, they are them pointless prize cars....
 
Last edited:
I also have about 760 (different) cars, and I have about 16 million credits. My best asset(s) however: 150 copies of the Ferrari F-40, each worth 135,000 credits. Instant 20 million whenever I need it, just back-up my save, sell all F-40's, buy car worth 20 million credits or less, dupe it to my other account, and restore save with F-40's still unsold.

thats the way ppl are ruining the trade car option in game.

hate you cheaters!!!!!

about myself 450 cars , and buy my cars using credits that ive won doing grinding.
 
thats the way ppl are ruining the trade car option in game.

hate you cheaters!!!!!

about myself 450 cars , and buy my cars using credits that ive won doing grinding.

What trade car option, it doesn't exist. The gifting feature wasn't put there for people to trade cars.:sly:
 
I don't really care about trophys, tho i do have a good bit. But like the OP said, im not gonna buy abunch of different cars im never gonna use just to get a meaningless trophy. This game is flooded with stupid and useless cars. Not to mention all the deifferent versions of practically the same car.

Imo we could've done without ALOT of the cars from GT4.
 
The website you listed includes the chromeline and stealth model vehicles. I don't know about you, but i'm not going to lurk about on eBay to pay for
overpriced redemption codes... So yes, in my opinion i do have every car.

Exactly. I'm not going to collect all the stealth and chromeline cars either. I do still use that website though.

I actually wish the game had the ability to "add" garages. I'd love to be able to have 20 different garages with custom names so that I can find cars more easily.

That is actually a great idea!

I was hoping the seasonal events would eventually cover all the cars in the game.
1,047 cars at 5 races per week. My collection should be complete in just over 4 years.

Another great idea! It seems to be going that way, but the question is, will PD keep releasing new Seasonal Events for four years or more? I sure hope so.

Thats the way people are ruining the gift car option in the game.

I hate you cheaters!

I myself have about 450 cars, and I buy my cars using credits that I've won by grinding races.

There you go, I fixed that up for you. Go back to school.

I don't really care about trophys, tho i do have a good bit. But like the OP said, im not gonna buy abunch of different cars im never gonna use just to get a meaningless trophy. This game is flooded with stupid and useless cars. Not to mention all the deifferent versions of practically the same car.

Imo we could've done without ALOT of the cars from GT4.

Just so you know, you don't need all the cars to get the trophy. You can have 1000 copies of the same car, and you still get it. I figure once I have all the cars, I may actually try out each one, stock, even the repeats. Just to see if there are any differences. I guess it may take a while.
 
Back